Enjoy Coach Lashlee While We Have Him

I note the lack of spring and limited fall practices. I give the dude a ton of credit for overall improvement. I hope he stays another year and really shows his stuff. Perhaps it's semantics, but I consider "superb" a really high (maybe the highest) bar.
Right. The OL didn’t get that work it. It takes time to clean that all these bad habits up

Advertisement
Good chance he won't be with us much longer.

Expect his name to pop up more and more as more coaching vacancies come about. I think the one place to keep a good eye on is Liberty, especially if coach Freeze does get another chance in the SEC.
CIS insiders strike again

I doubt he wants to bounce to the bottom of the sec.
However, it’s Nashville and he does wear cowboy boots.

I would assume He wants to make his name and go to a powerhouse. I doubt he wants to keep moving around unless it’s a place he can win.
He has more to prove if big time recruits are gonna overlook the rest of the sec and go to vandy instead.
You would also have to ask how committed is vandy to football. When’s the last time they made power moves to try and win big?

Advertisement
He'd be an idiot to go to Vanderbilt when another good season or two here lands him a much more coveted job.

I don't think he's an idiot...we get one more year with him as OC.

vandy? lol

Looks like his agent is building up hype.

Exactly.

Lashlee will eventually head somewhere else, but it ain't after one pretty decent year at Miami during a COVID-defined season .... with a grad transfer quarterback at the helm.

The Canes' offense will take a small step back next season without King and Lashlee won't be the toast of the town everyone is making him right now.

Dude will be at Miami for three years before getting a head coaching gig. Dude has ZERO head coaching experience.

Major Applewhite is currently an "analyst" at Alabama. Safe bet his name gets in the head coaching mix before Lashlee's.

Advertisement
Change your title to “Enjoy baseless speculation from sports nobodies you never heard of, and who literally have no connections or inside information, but just are trying to get attention for themselves”

This is the same as some run of the mill porster here starting a thread speculating where Lashlee goes, without having any real information.
its a website to discuss this kinda **** for ****sake.....it doesn't change any decisions. We got some emotional idiots here who take this stuff so serious.

Wut?

James Franklin parlayed Vandy into like $6.5M at Penn State. And before you say James Franklin and Penn State sucks, that's not the point. The point is a job you can spring into $6.5M a year is literally the opposite of "career suicide".

Dude had to post the best seasons in program history back to back years to get that deal. He’s the exception, not the rule.

its a website to discuss this kinda **** for ****sake.....it doesn't change any decisions. We got some emotional idiots here who take this stuff so serious.

That was my point....two guys just bouncing shlt of the wall. Plenty of people here take it seriously, like these guys are on to something, when they are not, they’re just guessing

Advertisement
Dude had to post the best seasons in program history back to back years to get that deal. He’s the exception, not the rule.

Dude, if you think leaving an average paying coordinator job for an SEC HC gig is career suicide, just let me know. You’re flat wrong in literally every possible way and we’ll just agree to wish each other well and not engage in any more dialogue.

There are LITERALLY zero point zero of his peers who would do anything other than tell him to flat out sprint to Nashville were he to be offered that job. I can’t even explain how unanimous and in droves the calls would be. It’s actually comical that people here are insinuating he’d even think about it. It’s the clinical definition of “no brainer”.

As a fan of the human being, I hope he’s offered the job, because he’s a good dude and I tend to wish good people success. As a fan of this program, I hope they can’t get ahold of him or his agent because I’d really like to see what he can do with 2-3 years working here. We’ll see.

Exactly.

Lashlee will eventually head somewhere else, but it ain't after one pretty decent year at Miami during a COVID-defined season .... with a grad transfer quarterback at the helm.

The Canes' offense will take a small step back next season without King and Lashlee won't be the toast of the town everyone is making him right now.

Dude will be at Miami for three years before getting a head coaching gig. Dude has ZERO head coaching experience.

Major Applewhite is currently an "analyst" at Alabama. Safe bet his name gets in the head coaching mix before Lashlee's.

You are very optimistic. Unless we land another portal guy, I see us taking a big step back. A guy like King is not easy to replace. I do like TVD's potential, however, just not necessarily for next season.

Advertisement
Wut?

James Franklin parlayed Vandy into like $6.5M at Penn State. And before you say James Franklin and Penn State sucks, that's not the point. The point is a job you can spring into $6.5M a year is literally the opposite of "career suicide".
it happened once but a lot has to go right for it to happen again. i would hold out for a better job.

Advertisement
Back