Edwards and Henderson

You Village People fake tough guys with your thick facial hair and steroid inflated muscles need to realize that there's something called The Franchise's Smart Zone (the "FSZ"). It's a place comfortably lodged between "We fcked nobody comin'" and "Errrrbody comin' or else you're soft". You fake tough guys know you're not really that tough anyway. Most of you are, in fact, the opposite.

In the FSZ, smart guys luxuriate in the knowledge that this stuff changes on a dime and guys like Henderson and Edwards, who have been all over the place forever, are never locks until they sign.

These two guys have never given a scintilla of evidence that they've shut it down and are Canes locks. But the dimwits bumbling around in their Velcro strapped beige sneakers far outside the FSZ decided these guys were in the vault based off a couple tweets from guys who were simply parroting other guys' opinions.

At my core, I'm a teacher. Let me bring you into the FSZ. Stop fighting it. In the FSZ, we can be cautiously optimistic about Edwards and Henderson.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks these are "done deals" is living in a fantasy world. These two kids won't be "done deals" until they sign the papers and fax, mail or Fedex them back to UM. It is what it is.

Remember to Thank Idiot Faqqit Woeful Ibis Wingz (TIFWIW) when you don't get duped by these two kids.

LOL. Visions bleak mane

47moZ.gif

[MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION]

I see you bruh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
You Village People fake tough guys with your thick facial hair and steroid inflated muscles need to realize that there's something called The Franchise's Smart Zone (the "FSZ"). It's a place comfortably lodged between "We fcked nobody comin'" and "Errrrbody comin' or else you're soft". You fake tough guys know you're not really that tough anyway. Most of you are, in fact, the opposite.

In the FSZ, smart guys luxuriate in the knowledge that this stuff changes on a dime and guys like Henderson and Edwards, who have been all over the place forever, are never locks until they sign.

These two guys have never given a scintilla of evidence that they've shut it down and are Canes locks. But the dimwits bumbling around in their Velcro strapped beige sneakers far outside the FSZ decided these guys were in the vault based off a couple tweets from guys who were simply parroting other guys' opinions.

At my core, I'm a teacher. Let me bring you into the FSZ. Stop fighting it. In the FSZ, we can be cautiously optimistic about Edwards and Henderson.

How does one get in to the FSZ?

Advertisement

aint nobody dropping bags at this point in the game... especially not for a 3 star in edwards

LOL if you don't think a program will provide some incentives late in the game especially when they're desperate. The minute Henderson started talking business decisions and didn't show up to UM last night everyone should have pumped the brakes on the assumption that he was automatic.

I agree. I can't help but go back the "business decision" comment. Which would be a terrible "business decision" since this staff will be fired in 2 years.

What a shock. Go ahead and jump on me again broke for saying I don't trust them until they sign.

Yeah that's right. An 18 year old dude was too tired from sitting in a car for 3 hours to show up at UM last night. Bandy wasn't too tired but this dude was. LULZ.

Repost that Stampini tweet again, broke. Done deal. Anyone who questioned Henderson as being an erratic dude, who has been all over the place for a year, is a soft sissy

Murder. Death. Kill.

Not trying to be negative, but lets be honest here: the loss of Mcfarland and not pulling in Henderson/Edwards is an utter failure.

Let's be honest without being dismissive of the staffs successs.

I agree that missing on McFarland and not having a suitable backup plan was a failure, no way around it. Missing on Edwards would be a major disappointment as well considering how hard we have recruited him compared to UF.

I would not categorize missing on Henderson as a complete failure, this kid was headed to UF and the staff has done a great job in getting him to potentially enroll here. There are no moral victories in recruiting so it would have to go down as a miss, but I wouldn't categorize it as a McFarland level disappointment.

Now, on to the staffs successes. I'll skip the major early successs like DJ Johnson and just talk about the recent guys since that's how everyone likes to to do it.

Getting Kai-Leon Herbert is a straight up recruiting coup for this staff. Huge position of need and a very talented prospect. UF buzz for months and the staff snags him off an official and an in-home then gets him to cancel his upcoming UF visit. That's a big time move by the staff and it gives me a lot of confidence moving forward. By the way, our O-Line class as a whole has the potential to be special. People like to dwell on the misses like Slaton - it's natural to do that - but the class as it stands is impressive.

Can we give the staff some credit for putting us in the position we are in for Jeff Thomas? This kid is - in my opinion - the definition of an elite playmaker and most here didn't even know who he was a month or two ago. We made a major move on this kid and if we do land him it will have been an absolute home-run by the staff. This type of player wins you games and we came out of nowhere to be in our current favorable position.

Harley/Dean - Two very solid players. I have had my criticisms of Harley in the past and I still believe he is a solid but not elite prospect.

Although many have various excuses as to why we should have always landed these two they are still good prospects and nothing is a forgone conclusion in crootin so the staff has to get credit for closing the deal if they do in fact sign here.

I know this is a long post and many will probably gloss over it but I think it is important to acknowledge that the recent failures have come with major recent successes as well. This post is not necesarilly directed at you, it's more of a statement to the board of what I believe.

Advertisement
I thought UF would only take one more DB ???? It'd be 6 "if" they take both....."If" anything we split......told y'all to be patient never count all the chickens before they hatch.... "if" we lose Henderson this "will" cause a serious meltdown...one minute he's in... next he's likely gone.....This smells like more of his bull$h!t games....lol

Advertisement
"He is tried!", "He want just came back from Orlando!", "Don't worry. They comin #WatchTheFinish!"

I said this before.. When these kids does something "suddenly"... They not coming.. We saw it with McFarland.. Smith.. and now Henderson.. We should have learn by now that the only people that are locks to us is the early enrollees and the guys that only have offers from FAU and FIU.. If I'm Miami.. I'm doing what they should of done before.. Go get Billy Gibson, Latavious Brini, and Bentavious Thompson.. at the very least as backup plans.. you can't just get exposed for no backup plans like they did with McFarland..

I like the class because there is a lot of speed but Henderson would add even more speed at least in the back in..

Last edited:

aint nobody dropping bags at this point in the game... especially not for a 3 star in edwards

LOL if you don't think a program will provide some incentives late in the game especially when they're desperate. The minute Henderson started talking business decisions and didn't show up to UM last night everyone should have pumped the brakes on the assumption that he was automatic.

I agree. I can't help but go back the "business decision" comment. Which would be a terrible "business decision" since this staff will be fired in 2 years.

18 year olds no jack squat about business and business decisions. It's their way usually of saying "pay me and I'll come" or "UF had some good DBs the last few years so that means I'll get rich going there."

They're too young and dumb to realize those DBs were Muscrap's guys. McEltooth had as much to do with those DBs as you did. McEltooth has zero history recruiting or developing great DBs. But in the dummy area outside the FSZ McEltooth gets credit for Muscrap's DBs.

Some UF buzz with both of them as of last night.

Henderson apparently going back-and-forth again after ignoring UF staff for days and telling them it would be Miami. Apparently him and Rumph were supposed to get on the phone last night for a conversation so I'm interested to hear what that was about.

UF visit has Edwards thinking too, but that might just be the high of the visit. Should have a better idea today.

Neither of these are done yet.

Ivins said he spoke with dad and dad said there was no truth to the UF as of yesterday. but we shall see what happens.

Advertisement
Back