Eddie Nunez track record

Advertisement
What did you expect him to say?.... that he is a f'king id1ot??
What would the SEC commissioner know? From football to baseball to track to women's sports, the conference is a juggernaut with inconceivable athletic budgets and very little ethics, but I digress. The dude is a piker. Again, this is neither pro or con for Nunez. Just amazed how folks are losing their collective minds.

What would the SEC commissioner know? From football to baseball to track to women's sports, the conference is a juggernaut with inconceivable athletic budgets and very little ethics, but I digress. The dude is a piker. Again, this is neither pro or con for Nunez. Just amazed how folks are losing their collective minds.
People aren't losing their minds. Some of us just expect more.

Im not mad at all. In fact im laughing at the entire thing.

Advertisement
Not only is New Mexico bad at football, their once proud basketball program ended up dead last last year. Both Football and Basketball at UNM are consistent basement dwellers in the mountain west. He's a terrible AD. Why would we even interview this guy?

Oh, and the people saying that "it's New Mexico, he can't win there," you are hiring the AD equivalent of Al Golden. They said the same thing about Temple that you can't win at Temple, and so on with the crap. Nunez will be a terrible hire and has not earned this position. Let's not even compare New Mexico to Miami. Let's compare New Mexico to the same teams in the conference. New Mexico is worse than Wyoming, Air Force, Utah State, and Colorado State in football and basketball. Utah State's Athletic Director is the person to target from the Mountain West if we actually did care about winning (which we clearly don't based on these asinine replies about wins not being important for an athletic director. Albuquerque is a god**** metropolis compared to Logan, Utah or Laramie, Wyoming, and he's still looking up two both of those programs in the Mountain West alone.

TERRIBLE HIRE.

Advertisement
The only thing I'll say on this thread is that the football program is supposed to get an extra 20 mil annually.

Why are we wasting our time on another 'up and comer'?

Advertisement
For whatever it is worth, the folks (in the BOT ) who want to keep Manny, aren't happy about Nunez coming.

So I starting wondering why Miami would want Eddie Nunez other than the fact he's from Miami. I think it's only fair to judge an AD the same way as a coach so I looked at New Mexico's football team in what is one of the weakest divisions in Football to see how they have faired after Eddie was hired.
Conference , Overall
... Wins Losses , Wins Losses
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

This shows absolutely no progress at all.

The year before he was hired the Lobos were 6-2 in conference and 9-4 overall

Nunez is the genius that hired Danny Gonzalez (5-14 record) as head coach of the Lobos and all that coach has done is turn a promising football program into the laughing stock of the Mountain West.

In Short Nunez has been a Terrible AD for New Mexico with a Bad coaching hire and total inaction on correcting the issue. If we hire him you can almost guarantee Manny stays and Miami will be plunged into another decade of mediocrity.
Sounds like a guy who would keep Manny.

Advertisement
Gonzales was a big land for New Mexico. He’s an alum, but he was one of the better DC’s on the west coast. They just suck as a program. Overall, the program sucks. But it’s definitely not his fault. They’ll always suck.
Exactly. It’s a **** programs. Rocky Long only went over .500 3 times there in a decade and he’s one of the best HCs in CFB. I don’t understand any of these dudes. FIU is a way better job and they’re broke.

They do care about basketball at New Mexico and have a nice history in the sports. Lets take a look at Nunez vs the 2 previous ADs

Davalos .648 winning %
Krebs .670 winning %
Nunez .484 winning %

Insert excuses here.
Both had Steve Alford as HC lmao. You’re one of the WOATS

Advertisement
Back