Eddie Nunez track record

Did some research on TD and this is the consensus:

besides what has been said about his facilities/fundraising work...\

- Mixed bag of folks who dealt with him. Some think highly of him, some think he's an *** and a front running dbag.
- Oversaw the women's tennis program where there were some big scandals
- Was the guy who hired Will Wade (bball coach) who has been great for their bball program, but also brought an FBI investigation

So basically, he's a homeless man's Tom Jurich.

Advertisement
I aint mad at ya. We all want the same thing.

Im not talking to you directly.

When blake was fired. Guys like money and others said the ad hire is more important than the coach hire for the future of the program.

There is no area at new Mexico that has improved athletically since nunez was hired. In fact its gotten worse. Thats not me ****ting on him for no reason. Those are the facts.

I fully understand new mexico sucks but the AD before him did a better job of hiring than nunez has.

No one has brought any facts that can dispute what i just posted. Thats not me being hard headed.

Thats me expecting more from the university of Miami.

Did some research on TD and this is the consensus:

besides what has been said about his facilities/fundraising work...\

- Mixed bag of folks who dealt with him. Some think highly of him, some think he's an *** and a front running dbag.
- Oversaw the women's tennis program where there were some big scandals
- Was the guy who hired Will Wade (bball coach) who has been great for their bball program, but also brought an FBI investigation

Im sold now!!!!

So basically, he's a homeless man's Tom Jurich.

LOL. I just cherry picked some of the stuff that stood out that nobody is talking about. Generally speaking, he seems like a hard charging guy who had a lot of good experience at LSU.

Advertisement
@Zbrod95 is lying again. He's wrong about almost everything he posts. Krebs was hired in 2006. He fired the bball coach in 2007 and hired Alford. Alford coached under 1 AD only.
Lmao

Where in Rocky Long’s coaching history was he over .500 at New Mexico 5 times?

8-5 in ‘03, 7-5 in ‘04, and 9-4 in ‘07

Thanks for admitting you were wrong about basketball though.

The statement was “Steve Alford was there the entire tenure of it for the last AD before Nunez.” Imagine proving me right then marching around saying I was wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lmao

Where in Rocky Long’s coaching history was he over .500 at Mexico 5 times?

8-5 in ‘03, 7-5 in ‘04, and 9-4 in ‘07

Thanks for admitting you were wrong about basketball though.

The statement was “Steve Alford was there the entire tenure or part of it for the last 2 ADs before Nunez.” Imagine proving me right then marching around saying I was wrong.

Are you insane?

Long was 6-5 in '01, 8-5 in '03, 7-5 in '04, 6-5 in '05, 9-4 in '07.

Alford was there during 1 AD's tenure, not both like you said.

Are you insane?

Long was 6-5 in '01, 8-5 in '03, 7-5 in '04, 6-5 in '05, 9-4 in '07.

Alford was there during 1 AD's tenure, not both like you said.
6-5…that’s your proof? Because they played 11 games and weren’t good enough to qualify for a bowl game? Two can play this game.

you lied too. Nunez was there for 3 basketball season but you said he was there for 4. He was hired August 31st, 2017.

See how that works when you want to say that people are “lying”. Sometimes people let a “lie” go because it’s a descrepancy.

Advertisement
6-5…that’s your proof? Because they played 11 games and weren’t good enough to qualify for a bowl game? Two can play this game.

you lied too. Nunez was there for 3 basketball season but you said he was there for 4. He was hired August 31st, 2017.

See how that works when you want to say that people are “lying”. Sometimes people let a “lie” go because it’s a descrepancy.

What? 6-5 is over .500 boss. I'm playing facts, you are playing in an alternate universe.

You seem to be confused when basketball starts as well. 17-18, 18-19, 19-20, 20-21, 21-22, this is his 5th bball season. Unreal.

And he was the only one. That’s the point.
Why not go after a guy with tangible success and not someone from a program you can’t read because everyone’s destined for performances as abysmal as Nunez? It’s another shot in the dark. If he’s not from Miami they don’t even find this guy

People are seemingly putting way too much stock into team win totals under an AD. AD's have a few broad roles: hiring/firing coaches, ability to extract resources from the university to put into the athletics program, ability to sell the program, ability to negotiate contracts on behalf of the program, etc..

When it comes to hiring/firing, the truth of the matter is, hiring a non-P5 head coach or coordinator is a crapshoot. We've seen the next greats fail pretty spectacularly (e.g. Herman, Frost). Every single Georgia fan was clamoring for Herman and weren't all too happy when they got Kirby. UF fans were elated when they hired Muschamp. Do you fault Texas' AD for hiring Herman?

Firing a coach requires balls and aggressiveness. It's hard to fire someone you know well and have worked closely with for the last however many years. But the great ADs are alpha's and don't let their personal relationships cloud their objective judgment. For example, at the time, most of us didn't hate the Golden hire because it made sense. What we hated the most, however, was granting Golden a year 5. But it gets more complicated than this. Sometimes AD's don't have ultimate authority. They may want to fire a coach, but may not have the backing of the BOT for political or financial reasons.

So who do you an evaluate an AD? The main factor I look at is: did the hire make sense at the time? Manny was a meh hire in my opinion. Richt was a worse hire in my opinion. Richt couldn't win at Georgia (and was fired as a result) despite the abundance of resources and in-state talent. That was a huge red flag.

Another factor is, does the AD have the vision and salesmanship to land a big fish? Big fishes, meaning successful P5 coaches, are way less riskier than non-P5 coaches and coordinators. This of course requires financial backing from the University, so an AD might have the skills to land a big fish but might not have the money.

So what does this mean for Nunez? People keep citing a basketball record based on one hire he made. But we have no idea what his budget was. We have no idea if the hire made sense at the time. Etc.

But reports from Nunez's time at LSU makes it seem like he has impressive leadership and oversight skills. He gets assigned a project and it seems like he gets **** done. That's says a lot more about Nunez than whether the basketball hire he made turned out to be good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why not go after a guy with tangible success and not someone from a program you can’t read because everyone’s destined for performances as abysmal as Nunez? It’s another shot in the dark. If he’s not from Miami they don’t even find this guy
Because that not reality and people are having a hard time grasping that

- Who wants to come here to deal with this BoT and that sniveling weasel Epstein

- what P5 or high level G5 AD want to be neutered by Zo because of stupid alumni demands?

- Who wants to come here without any assurance that Frenk is gonna be here past this year?

- What AD want his Football HC Chosen for him?

I know you’ll get it now but look at the what CIS wants to line it up with these facts…now tell who wants this job?

TIFWIW but according to a poster on CaneSport, Nunez just started following Mario on Twitter. Im not on personally so I can’t confirm.

TIFWIW but according to a poster on CaneSport, Nunez just started following Mario on Twitter. Im not on personally so I can’t confirm.
I just checked and it's false (unless Nunez unfollowed him after getting caught)

Because that not reality and people are having a hard time grasping that

- Who wants to come here to deal with this BoT and that sniveling weasel Epstein

- what P5 or high level G5 AD want to be neutered by Zo because of stupid alumni demands?

- Who wants to come here without any assurance that Frenk is gonna be here past this year?

- What AD want his Football HC Chosen for him?

I know you’ll get it now but look at the what CIS wants to line it up with these facts…now tell who wants this job?

It’s not reality that Miami can get an AD that’s had a shred of tangible success? I’m not buying that.

I’m not ready to throw in the towel and say we deserve another James because of infighting in the board of trustees.

Advertisement
Back