Eddie Nunez track record

flcanesfan

we back?
So I starting wondering why Miami would want Eddie Nunez other than the fact he's from Miami. I think it's only fair to judge an AD the same way as a coach so I looked at New Mexico's football team in what is one of the weakest divisions in Football to see how they have faired after Eddie was hired.
Conference , Overall
... Wins Losses , Wins Losses
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

This shows absolutely no progress at all.

The year before he was hired the Lobos were 6-2 in conference and 9-4 overall

Nunez is the genius that hired Danny Gonzalez (5-14 record) as head coach of the Lobos and all that coach has done is turn a promising football program into the laughing stock of the Mountain West.

In Short Nunez has been a Terrible AD for New Mexico with a Bad coaching hire and total inaction on correcting the issue. If we hire him you can almost guarantee Manny stays and Miami will be plunged into another decade of mediocrity.

Advertisement
So I starting wondering why Miami would want Eddie Nunez other than the fact he's from Miami. I think it's only fair to judge an AD the same way as a coach so I looked at New Mexico's football team in what is one of the weakest divisions in Football to see how they have faired after Eddie was hired.
Conference , Overall
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

Nunez is the genius that hired Danny Gonzalez (5-14 record) as head coach of the Lobos and all that coach has done is turn a promising football program into the laughing stock of the Mountain West.

In Short Nunez has been a Terrible AD for New Mexico with a Bad coaching hire and total inaction on correcting the issue. If we hire him you can almost guarantee Manny stays and Miami will be plunged into another decade of mediocrity.
I am amazed that people still think that one should judge an AD by wins and losses. Holy crap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's New Mexico. No one, and I repeat no one, gives a **** about football there. No coach is going to succeed there. And even if Nunez wanted to fire the coach, he probably wouldn't have support from New Mexico's BOT because no one cares. I wouldn't put New Mexico's ****** football program on Nunez.

If, in an interview, Nunez clearly comes across as understanding that it is his job, as AD AT MIAMI, to not be complacent and to root out mediocrity, then that'd say much more about Nunez than the New Mexico football results.

I am amazed that people still think that one should judge an AD by wins and losses. Holy crap.

Not sure if your post is serious or not… but you’re right that you can’t judge an AD by wins and losses in the short term. But an AD can absolutely be judged by wins and losses over the long term.

His record at UNM is indisputably concerning.

I don't know why you would judge an AD by W-L, it's entirely an administrative position. He fvcked up the hire of their HC, for sure, but I don't think the next AD here will have much autonomy to make a decision on the next HC hire

Advertisement
Conference , Overall
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

So you talk about the 6-2/9-4 record as if he fired the coach who got them that record. Same coach was there. So how is that Nunez fault. Look I don't know enough about AD-ish but sounds like you're reaching

Advertisement
Did you read my entire post or is it too many words for you to handle? They were 9-4 when he was hired and he hired the coach that tanked the program so yes he's responsible.
What was the record after the 9-4 season?

Not sure if your post is serious or not… but you’re right that you can’t judge an AD by wins and losses in the short term. But an AD can absolutely be judged by wins and losses over the long term.

His record at UNM is indisputably concerning.
His main job was getting New Mexico out of serious legal trouble, a university with next to no money and no athletic success for the past ten years.

Its mind-blowing how wild these takes are getting with zero information.

Advertisement
Back