Eddie Nunez track record

He hired a new coach a year after he arrived.. All you have to do is use Google, it's your friend
2012New Mexico4–91–7T–9th
2013New Mexico3–91–75th (Mountain)
2014New Mexico4–82–6T–5th (Mountain)
2015New Mexico7–65–3T–2nd (Mountain)L New Mexico
2016New Mexico9–46–2T–1st (Mountain)W New Mexico
2017New Mexico3–91–76th (Mountain)
2018New Mexico3–91–76th (Mountain)
2019New Mexico2–100–86th (Mountain)
New Mexico:35–6417–47
This is Bob Davie, coaching record. Coach the team 3 more seasons after the 9-4 record. Besides one good year, how is this on Nunez?

Advertisement
And when he hires Mario Cristobal and Mario goes 105-35 in 10 years (random example) - does that make him a better AD than he was before because the football team won those games? It's 1 hire.

If Radakovich a good AD because Clemson is winning football games with a coach he inherited?

Or is Radakovich a good AD because of the money that poured into Clemson when Dabo started winning games and he built facilities with slides and all of that?

Look at the facility upgrades LSU underwent when Nunez was there - right in-line or better than Clemson.

Records don't make or break an AD. What is his vision and his utilization of resources?

all you have to do is type "new mexico lobos football record 2016" to see their record before he arrived. It seems you have a difficult time using the internet so I'm gonna have to start charging you for teaching you how to use the search bar
They went 17-46 from 2010- 2016. With Bob Davie. Youre welcome.

Advertisement
I am amazed that people still think that one should judge an AD by wins and losses. Holy crap.

I'm amazed that people still

(a) judge an AD on the SOLE statistic of W-L record, without inquiring as to what the AD has done to address the situation.

and

(b) judge a job candidate based solely on resume job description, without inquiring about accomplishments.

On Issue (a), I have had very frank conversations with people about the fact that Nunez is the "Miami area guy" that I knew the least about. I asked the question about what Nunez has done to address the football program, and some more knowledgeable people gave me some insight, so I feel better about the job Nunez has done.

On Issue (b), I have continued to get tidbits of information about Nunez's accomplishments, both at LSU and UNM, which make me more comfortable that he is capable of bringing a vision for the future to UM. I still do not have a lot of data about his leadership abilities.

Last edited:
Uh, no. Another poster said it, the 9 win season was an anomaly. Do you know what that is?

And you think its his fault that they got worse. Why? Did he coach the players? Provide evidence they got worse because of him.
So the 7 win season was? So 2 anomalies?
He hired the **** coach that took over after 7 and 9 wins. Thats absolutely on the ad.

Holy ****

Advertisement
You guys are putting way too much stock in this AD position. Lets put all the other sports to the side for a second and just focus on football..Do people here really think that Mario Christobal or Lane Kiffin are coming in here to take orders from any AD (I dont care if its Tom Jurich or Alonzo Highsmith) or any booster or any BOT member? They dont take orders from anyone at the school they are at now! Why would they come here to resurrect this program from the dead to be bossed around by anybody in Coral Gables?

Now if you want an AD to bring back the glory days of UM Baseball or Diving or Basketball than fine. But the football program will be 100% ran by either Mario or Lane. And they will see everyone on Saturdays and dont need any help except to give them a blank check whenever they need it. Thanks for stopping by the Hecht now close my door on the way out. Thats how this program will be ran.

now you are going further back to not look as dumb as you are. The point of the post is to say they were improving until Nunez got their and it went entirely over your head.
First, its there.

Second, you have still failed to provide how Nunez hire is related to wins and losses.

His main job was getting New Mexico out of serious legal trouble, a university with next to no money and no athletic success for the past ten years.

Its mind-blowing how wild these takes are getting with zero information.

I mean… this is objectively not true. They finished 1st and 2nd in their division in football the two years before Nunez started.

There are confounding factors… but to say they had no success is just factually false.

Advertisement
And when he hires Mario Cristobal and Mario goes 105-35 in 10 years (random example) - does that make him a better AD than he was before because the football team won those games? It's 1 hire.

If Radakovich a good AD because Clemson is winning football games with a coach he inherited?

Or is Radakovich a good AD because of the money that poured into Clemson when Dabo started winning games and he built facilities with slides and all of that?

Look at the facility upgrades LSU underwent when Nunez was there - right in-line or better than Clemson.

Records don't make or break an AD. What is his vision and his utilization of resources?
This this and all of this.

Advertisement
You havent proven anything other than the fact you dont know much.
Apart from the fact that I have proven how bad New Mexico has been for 11 years.

I know what an anomaly is.

You still havent proven how Nunez hire impacted wins and losses. Go on.

Does he get credit for LSU's record while he was there?

2012New Mexico4–91–7T–9th
2013New Mexico3–91–75th (Mountain)
2014New Mexico4–82–6T–5th (Mountain)
2015New Mexico7–65–3T–2nd (Mountain)L New Mexico
2016New Mexico9–46–2T–1st (Mountain)W New Mexico
2017New Mexico3–91–76th (Mountain)
2018New Mexico3–91–76th (Mountain)
2019New Mexico2–100–86th (Mountain)
New Mexico:35–6417–47
This is Bob Davie, coaching record. Coach the team 3 more seasons after the 9-4 record. Besides one good year, how is this on Nunez?
All the program has done is get worse under Nunez.. Is that what you want here?

NM football and promising dont think have ever belonged in the same sentence. Not many people would know NM had a football team if you asked.

Advertisement
Back