Eddie Nunez track record

Advertisement
So I starting wondering why Miami would want Eddie Nunez other than the fact he's from Miami. I think it's only fair to judge an AD the same way as a coach so I looked at New Mexico's football team in what is one of the weakest divisions in Football to see how they have faired after Eddie was hired.
Conference , Overall
... Wins Losses , Wins Losses
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

This shows absolutely no progress at all.

The year before he was hired the Lobos were 6-2 in conference and 9-4 overall

Nunez is the genius that hired Danny Gonzalez (5-14 record) as head coach of the Lobos and all that coach has done is turn a promising football program into the laughing stock of the Mountain West.

In Short Nunez has been a Terrible AD for New Mexico with a Bad coaching hire and total inaction on correcting the issue. If we hire him you can almost guarantee Manny stays and Miami will be plunged into another decade of mediocrity.
You’re not wrong about the year before him but he did keep the coach who went 9-4 for three more seasons. I’d look at the years before as well. The 9-4 seems like more of an anomaly than the 3-9 seasons.

Advertisement
He got orders from his boss. He didn't create or do anything on his own.

As head man he has sucked.
Did he do a good job doing what he was told, though? Did he go the extra mile and show initiative?

And TBH, it is hard to win at UNM. When was the last time you've heard of someone great that went to school there?

Edit: besides Brian Urlacher and Eddie Guerrero.

hc5tlLxEX4k5G.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The exact same. You want to know why? Because its the exact same for the past 11 years.
all you have to do is type "new mexico lobos football record 2016" to see their record before he arrived. It seems you have a difficult time using the internet so I'm gonna have to start charging you for teaching you how to use the search bar

Lmao you were wrong and doubling down.

They got worse after nunez got there. Prove me wrong.
Uh, no. Another poster said it, the 9 win season was an anomaly. Do you know what that is?

And you think its his fault that they got worse. Why? Did he coach the players? Provide evidence they got worse because of him.

New Mexico is the worst of the worst for football programs with no chance of becoming good. A bowl game for them would be the equivalent of a natty.

This. People have no idea how bad it is. Location, school reputation, funds, facilities (what facilities?!?!?), etc.

Advertisement
Gonzales was a big land for New Mexico. He’s an alum, but he was one of the better DC’s on the west coast. They just suck as a program. Overall, the program sucks. But it’s definitely not his fault. They’ll always suck.

Advertisement
Back