Eddie Nunez track record

Advertisement
Guy was and will never be my first choice but some of the stuff I’m reading in this thread is mind numbing.

Did he do a good job doing what he was told, though? Did he go the extra mile and show initiative?

And TBH, it is hard to win at UNM. When was the last time you've heard of someone great that went to school there?

Edit: besides Brian Urlacher and Eddie Guerrero.

View attachment 164133

Sounds like the excuses i made for golden coming from temple.

Advertisement
Actually he used facts to prove his point.
So did I. Steve Alford was there the the entire time or part during their Tenure. Name the coach before or after that was hired that is on the same level of Steve Alford. I’ll sit here and wait for you to tell me a program that really wasn’t that good on the court before Alford shut be able to hire Roy Williams because they essentially all of your answers and it’s illogical…but then again it’s CIS.

Advertisement
So did I. Steve Alford was there the the entire time or part during their Tenure. Name the coach before or after that was hired that is on the same level of Steve Alford. I’ll sit here and wait for you to tell me a program that really wasn’t that good on the court before Alford shut be able to hire Roy Williams because they essentially all of your answers and it’s illogical…but then again it’s CIS.

So apparently one ad made a great hire. Correct?

Nunez cant.

You have not used facts to prove anything wrong. In fact youre making nunez look worse.

Have to ask, why would a guy who was supposedly a stud AAD at LSU, go to New Mexico Tech Community College to be AD? That's really the best he could do? Seems like a guy who is supposedly highly qualified due to his time as AAD at LSU should have at minimum been hired as an AD at low tier P5 like Illinois or Kansas State.

I did find it kind of funny that a lot of us were excited that Jurich might be able to bring along Rick Pitino for basketball. Turns out Nunez hired Rich Pitino for NM basketball. We always settle for second rate, so it would be very Miami to hire Nunez instead of Jurich, who would bring Rick Pitinos kid instead of Rick Pitino.

So apparently one ad made a great hire. Correct?

Nunez cant.

You have not used facts to prove anything wrong. In fact youre making nunez look worse.
Who says Nunez can’t? He just hired Richard Pitino. He’s 7 games into his hire. The rest weren’t. See the stupidity in your logic yet or do you want me to completely beat your skull in like I did yesterday?

Have to ask, why would a guy who was supposedly a stud AAD at LSU, go to New Mexico Tech Community College to be AD? That's really the best he could do? Seems like a guy who is supposedly highly qualified due to his time as AAD at LSU should have at minimum been hired as an AD at low tier P5 like Illinois or Kansas State.

I did find it kind of funny that a lot of us were excited that Jurich might be able to bring along Rick Pitino for basketball. Turns out Nunez hired Rich Pitino for NM basketball. We always settle for second best, so it would be very Miami to hire Rick Pitinos kid instead of Rick Pitino.
Or that’s the school that called to interview him and he took it…

Advertisement
You says Nunez can’t? He just hired Richard Pitino. He’s 7 games into his hire. See the stupidity in your logic yet or do you want me to completely beat your skull in like I did yesterday.
Lmao like you did yesterday? Im dead

Nunez has been there for 4 years. Their teams have gotten worse since hes been there. Id love for you to prove that fact wrong.

So I starting wondering why Miami would want Eddie Nunez other than the fact he's from Miami. I think it's only fair to judge an AD the same way as a coach so I looked at New Mexico's football team in what is one of the weakest divisions in Football to see how they have faired after Eddie was hired.
Conference , Overall
... Wins Losses , Wins Losses
2021 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2020 2 - 5 , 2 - 5
2019 0 - 8 , 2 - 10
2018 1 - 7 , 3 - 9
2017 1 - 7 , 3 - 9

This shows absolutely no progress at all.

The year before he was hired the Lobos were 6-2 in conference and 9-4 overall

Nunez is the genius that hired Danny Gonzalez (5-14 record) as head coach of the Lobos and all that coach has done is turn a promising football program into the laughing stock of the Mountain West.

In Short Nunez has been a Terrible AD for New Mexico with a Bad coaching hire and total inaction on correcting the issue. If we hire him you can almost guarantee Manny stays and Miami will be plunged into another decade of mediocrity.

Gonzalez was not a bad hire at the time of his hire. Specifically, a local guy/alum who knows the landscape and who cut his teeth working for one of the better coaches in Rocky Long and former NFL coach Herm Edwards....both coaches with solid defensive minds....he brings aboard one of Tom Herman's assistants to run his offense and even his mentor Long rejoins him on staff. So on paper it appeared to be a good hiring...but it hasn't worked out yet or perhaps never...it happens..Hindsight is indeed 20-20.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back