Don't expect

I expect us to sign a third back, maybe a fb. We lose Hagens, Clements, and maybe only have Duke for two more. Our depth is thin.

As for Cook, eh, whatever. Get Sony and Yearby and whoever.

I don't expect us to sign a third back, but I can see us cherry picking the right back. As is, they haven't offered a ton of backs, and I expect with Yearby's commitment, for them to start to really get down and dirty and go all-in on Sony. If a bigger back emerges...I can see it, but I feel they will want to get a real look at the Gus Bus first.

Advertisement
Cook to be in this class. I know some of you guys will get upset but I'm hearing its going to be Yearby and Sony at rb that's it.

if we only get Sony and Yearby, 2 of the top 5 RBs in the nation, i will throw a party with midget hookers throwing yogurt at my naked body while i make sweet love to wife

I call that "Tuesday night" in my house...

****, how do you guys find midget hookers, especially those who will throw yogurt?

Maybe they got more variety down in south Florida.

I expect us to sign a third back, maybe a fb. We lose Hagens, Clements, and maybe only have Duke for two more. Our depth is thin.

As for Cook, eh, whatever. Get Sony and Yearby and whoever.

Cook is gonna be a great back so I'm not sure I'm so whatever about letting him go help someone else. If Bama has proven anything about continuing to win, it's been about stockpiling of talent.
What doesn't help you makes the other backs better by competition but most importantly it doesn't go somewhere else to flourish, develop, and help them win. I hope we get to a point where it's not so inconceivable to take all three and let them compete. But I do realize that's not the case right now, but it does suck.

As for the fb, I think you're right. I could see us taking another fullback if the situation and the kid is right. If not we've got Sony and Yearby, and that is a ****ing hall. Add to the fact we've got Edwards this year so we've got a year between another fullback we'd pick up next year. I think Edwards will be a four year workhorse for us that will find a role and excel in it.

Some schools are successful at stockpiling talent, others (like UM) are not. We've never been able to do it. We've had kids look at our roster and decide to go elsewhere. I've been following recruiting for almost 30 years and we've never been in that situation. Not like USC a few years back when they had a stable of blue chip QBs, or like Alabama now.

The best we could do was maybe get Portis, Davenport, McGahee, and Gore. They were all on the team at the same time as I recall, but none were in the same recruiting class. We did get James Jackson and the Edge in the same year, but that was probably the closest we got.

Of course we had Kelly, Richt, Vandewende, Kosar and Testaverde on the team at the same time, but that was also unusual. Later in the '80's, we were dangerously thin in '87, I think, and had to bring back a former punter, Kirk Sandifer, to be our third QB, and the only reason we could bring him back is he had a year of eligibility left.

I called into Bill King's show yesterday, and apparently the 247 guys think Sony is a long shot for us at this point. They claim that UGA is in a "really good spot right now." TIFWIW.

Just reporting what I heard fellas because I know a lot of posters were hoping we land Cook this year.

There is just no way anyone should realistically expect a class to have Sony and Cook in it, let alone Yearby. It just doesnt work out that way, unless we are out there winning championships. The vultures are swarming South Florida harder than ever this year.

Advertisement
ONLY the 2nd and 4th best running backs in the United States.

2/10, didn't fill needs.

I called into Bill King's show yesterday, and apparently the 247 guys think Sony is a long shot for us at this point. They claim that UGA is in a "really good spot right now." TIFWIW.

If we lose Sony...

I can't lie, I very rarely have a "melt down" over recruiting. That's just not my M.O. But if we lose Sony I will legit have a global meltdown. I have only been following recruiting since 2008 BUT that means I have heard about Sony the entire time I've been following. I have been waiting for this kid to be a senior for like 5 years now and I don't know if my brain can handle not getting him after half a decade of thinking he's a Cane.

Advertisement
Apparently his family used to shop him around in pop warner and switch teams to get their light bills paid and ****. They've been cashing in on young Mr. Cook for many years. Whatever, let him go to Clemson, let the family get paid, and good luck to him. Hard to cry when we have a couple of top 5 backs coming in.

After that story about his family shopping him I cant be mad at him...but his family can kick rocks.

I missed this. I suspected as much since he is committed to Clemp$on this early. smells real bad
Same here The second I heard he committed to Clemson I was like man thats fishy, I mean I know sofl gets raided all the time but I was thinking maybe F$U or an $ec school like Bama or LSU , but Clemson?! Like seriously, what sofl goes to Clemson? But whatever, I guess the pockets expanding

Advertisement
Apparently his family used to shop him around in pop warner and switch teams to get their light bills paid and ****. They've been cashing in on young Mr. Cook for many years. Whatever, let him go to Clemson, let the family get paid, and good luck to him. Hard to cry when we have a couple of top 5 backs coming in.

can we drop a dime on Clemp$on please?

The question is would we be still as happy if we missed out on Sony AND Cook?

I do think in the end staying close to home will win us Sony in the end. Someone posted that half his family works at American Heritage in some capacity. I think the lure of letting his family see him play will be too much to pass up. Plus he knows there is alot of opportunity.

And Im not on the "We got Sony and Yearby, so ***** Cook" bandwagon. I wont be mad but I DO NOT want to have to see this kid play for clemson and totally light it up. Smh. Or ALA. Can you imagine Saban licking his chops if he thought he had free reign on Cook because we "prefered Sony instead". Traitor Mario is already planning the mission..Smh.

I do think in the end staying close to home will win us Sony in the end. Someone posted that half his family works at American Heritage in some capacity. I think the lure of letting his family see him play will be too much to pass up. Plus he knows there is alot of opportunity.

And Im not on the "We got Sony and Yearby, so ***** Cook" bandwagon. I wont be mad but I DO NOT want to have to see this kid play for clemson and totally light it up. Smh. Or ALA. Can you imagine Saban licking his chops if he thought he had free reign on Cook because we "prefered Sony instead". Traitor Mario is already planning the mission..Smh.

Depends on the other rb we can get its not just these 3 in this next recruiting cycle

Advertisement

Depends on the other rb we can get its not just these 3 in this next recruiting cycle
Um, who else?

Um, who else?

Through their SENIOR year there will be many guys that start to rise up boards, let me ask this time last year did you know who Alex Collins was? Yet, we all wanted him by NSD so lets not act like Yearby, Sony and Cook are the only options espcially when thse guys are still juniors in high school

Where did the news come from regarding Cook's family shopping him? Picking Clem$on makes me think there be some shady **** going on, but curious where this came from.

And I would be happy as **** to land Sony and Yearby.

Advertisement
Back