Don't expect

So because I'm not with the rumor mongering like the rest of you I'm condescending? Oh ok.

still waiting for proof or sources about foul play specific to Cook.

All of you say multiple people in south Florida are saying this...well who? Name one.

None of you can name a single specific source. Because that's what an unfounded, baseless rumor is.

You don't happen to be 6thontheway do you?

Advertisement
Watching the highlights and reading the press clipping you cannot be mad with a back of Sony's quality. Cook is to me lightning out the bottle. I'm going to wait until we get a commit then a LOI.

Advertisement
Just a question...

Isn't Cook a two way player? I know he's a phenomenal back but, I thought he was just as good in the secondary. Is there any chance he would come to Miami to play a Charles Woodson type role?

I agree with OP that he is unlikely to sign with us but, if we have a great season and dump on the in state rivals you never know what might happen. I see Cook bein on the table all the way 'til NSD.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1480643 said:
Just a question...

Isn't Cook a two way player? I know he's a phenomenal back but, I thought he was just as good in the secondary. Is there any chance he would come to Miami to play a Charles Woodson type role?

I agree with OP that he is unlikely to sign with us but, if we have a great season and dump on the in state rivals you never know what might happen. I see Cook bein on the table all the way 'til NSD.

Yeah he's a beast at DB too. Expect Cook to stay solid/strong commit to UF until about mid season, then we will see him open up his recruitment again with visits once his season is over. He might stick to Florida still but it's pointless guessing now

Advertisement
Just a question...

Yeah he's a beast at DB too. Expect Cook to stay solid/strong commit to UF until about mid season, then we will see him open up his recruitment again with visits once his season is over. He might stick to Florida still but it's pointless guessing now

Cook's recruitment opens back up on 9/8/2013

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1480663 said:
Just a question...

you think a win matters that much to Cook?

Just a question...

No. But it will make it a lot easier to get back in his ear I think.

Just a question...

Yea sure do, right now UF is supposed to be the best team in the state. A decisive win at home with a full crowd, even if it is 30-40 percent pro UF, and some of the mystery removed from the NCAA scandal ends the talk of all negative aspects of the UM program. you know he will be at the game. I also believe a win against Florida makes a win at Doak likely. We immediately can jump back to the top spot in the eyes of the SoFla kids with those two wins. Honestly tho I feel like the team he is committed to right now is irrelevant, this kid is going to be a recruiting rollercoaster. This commit to UF is just the first loop.

I said it above I'm thinking that Cook will be a defensive prospect with occasional offensive touches if he comes to Miami. If he wants to be solely a RB and we take Yearby and land Michel in a couple weeks then there's not a lot of hope for him being a Cane.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1480696 said:
Just a question...

Yea sure do, right now UF is supposed to be the best team in the state. A decisive win at home with a full crowd, even if it is 30-40 percent pro UF, and some of the mystery removed from the NCAA scandal ends the talk of all negative aspects of the UM program. you know he will be at the game. I also believe a win against Florida makes a win at Doak likely. We immediately can jump back to the top spot in the eyes of the SoFla kids with those two wins. Honestly tho I feel like the team he is committed to right now is irrelevant, this kid is going to be a recruiting rollercoaster. This commit to UF is just the first loop.

I said it above I'm thinking that Cook will be a defensive prospect with occasional offensive touches if he comes to Miami. If he wants to be solely a RB and we take Yearby and land Michel in a couple weeks then there's not a lot of hope for him being a Cane.

Why would Cook agree to be a DB at Miami when he can be an offensive weapon at every other school in America?

I personally don't think a Miami win over Florida would matter that much to Cook

Just a question...

No, but the $$$$$ that you guys are lining his pops pockets with every two weeks when he goes up there to "get to know the staff better" matters, and IMO is why the Gator$ will secure his committment all the way up until NSD.

Never heard of a recruit's family (who doesn't make good money and has been known to pimp his son out since little league to the highest bidding coach and was trying to make him transfer to Carol City b/c Flo Rida [Carol City alumn] was gonna pay his parrents) making a 6-8 hour drive every 2 weeks and spending all that $$$$ in gas "to get to know the staff better". Wake up, they are paying him! And will most likely get away with it.

Everybody already thought that Clem$on was paying this kid's family but we all know it is hard to compete with the $EC when it comes to buying top recruits.

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1480696 said:

Why would Cook agree to be a DB at Miami when he can be an offensive weapon at every other school in America?

I personally don't think a Miami win over Florida would matter that much to Cook

Ed Reed and Sean Taylor

you can even throw in Primetime and Charles Woodson

Last edited:
Just a question...

No, but the $$$$$ that you guys are lining his pops pockets with every two weeks when he goes up there to "get to know the staff better" matters, and IMO is why the Gator$ will secure his committment all the way up until NSD.

Never heard of a recruit's family (who doesn't make good money and has been known to pimp his son out since little league to the highest bidding coach and was trying to make him transfer to Carol City b/c Flo Rida [Carol City alumn] was gonna pay his parrents) making a 6-8 hour drive every 2 weeks and spending all that $$$$ in gas "to get to know the staff better". Wake up, they are paying him! And will most likely get away with it.

Everybody already thought that Clem$on was paying this kid's family but we all know it is hard to compete with the $EC when it comes to buying top recruits.
Maybe if flo rida got him to transfer he wouldn't need so much now and he'd stay with us, lol

Advertisement
Back