DJ Dallas's draft prospects...

Advertisement
100% serious. We just haven't had an OC that has been able to exploit his talents.
I like Deejay but this is ridiculous. Reggie bush Was the most exciting college player ever. Dallas is not that guy period. Is he versatile like bush? Maybe but he’s DEFINITELY not a bush type of talent

You all are overrating athleticism in a running back.

It is a non-factor determining a running back's success.

It is certainly nice to have, but might be dead last in what correlates to running back success at all levels.

It is certainly nice to have, but might be dead last in what correlates to running back success at all levels.

Balance, footwork and production are pretty important, too. He has the first two and he’s checking off the last box so far this season.

Draft position is hard to peg because RBs are devalued. But he is showing he can play in the pros. His versatility will be a separator for him.

Advertisement
Was he done a favor several years back when he wasn't switched to Safety (in terms of his NFL prospects)? He was recruited as an "Athlete" which I assume meant the defensive backfield was an option at one point.

How? And what do you consider athleticism?
You can’t be a non athletic successful running back..

Advertisement
Balance, footwork and production are pretty important, too. He has the first two and he’s checking off the last box so far this season.

Draft position is hard to peg because RBs are devalued. But he is showing he can play in the pros. His versatility will be a separator for him.

There are a ton of factors that go into making a good RB that are very hard to measure. The factors D$ mentions and his versatility definitely boost his stock.

But saying athleticism doesn't factor into NFL success isn't true. There's always good NFL RB's who didn't test well athletically, but a majority of the good RB's are also good athlete's.

Speed Score - which factors in 40 time & weight, is more important for an RB than just their straight 40 time.

I think Miami fans watched us start 200 lb guys like Duke, Yearby, Walton, Homer for so long most have forgotten the importance of size.

Deejay Dallas being 215 is important to his pro projection.

100% serious. We just haven't had an OC that has been able to exploit his talents.
There is absolutely nothing similar about Reggie bush and Deejay. If Reggie bush had played in this Era he’d be considered a top 3 back in the NFL..Reggie bush was a all time talent just in the wrong era..if i had to compare Deejay to anybody in the league RN I’d say Kareem hunt. Size, speed running style, and pass catching abilities

There is absolutely nothing similar about Reggie bush and Deejay. If Reggie bush had played in this Era he’d be considered a top 3 back in the NFL..Reggie bush was a all time talent just in the wrong era..if i had to compare Deejay to anybody in the league RN I’d say Kareem hunt. Size, speed running style, and pass catching abilities

Good comp.

The Kerryon Johnson/Kareem Hunt comparisons are a little lofty for me.

I see Dallas as being a solid #3, maybe #2 option in the NFL. A guy that gives you about 200-400 total yards a year.

More like a Wendell Smallwood/Rex Burkhead /Damien Williams (when he was on the Dolphins) type career.

Advertisement
The Kerryon Johnson/Kareem Hunt comparisons are a little lofty for me.

I see Dallas as being a solid #3, maybe #2 option in the NFL. A guy that gives you about 200-400 total yards a year.

More like a Wendell Smallwood/Rex Burkhead /Damien Williams (when he was on the Dolphins) type career.
If a guy like James Conner can go late 3rd round and start in the league then so can deejay who imo is a better athlete and talent. If he continues what he’s doing now and a put up a 1300 yard plus season and tests well he may end up being a late top 100 pick

If a guy like James Conner can go late 3rd round and start in the league then so can deejay who imo is a better athlete and talent. If he continues what he’s doing now and a put up a 1300 yard plus season and tests well he may end up being a late top 100 pick
James Conner was a beast at Pitt bro. Just got sick. If Deejay goes that high I’d be shocked. If he leaves early it would be a mistake. But tbh next year we’d have the best bunch of backs on the roster since 2010 with Storm, Cooper, James, berry, Miller and JJ

Advertisement
How many 220-pound RBs can take punts to the house? He has a pretty unique skillset.

Darren Sproles type skillset. And I’m not saying no he’ll have the same career as Sproles but he’s the one guy who does all of the things in the league Deejay does for us

Conner had 1,765 yds - 5.9 ypc - 26 TD's as a Sophomore. Pitt also played him 2 ways at DE while he played RB. He was a Pro-Bowler in his 2nd year.

Going into this season you thought Dallas wasn't as good as Greg Cooper or Joe Yearby.

In 3 games, 1 of which was Bethune Cookman - you've gone from comparing Dallas to undrafted RB's to NFL Pro-Bowl RB's.

I mean......OK....sure, why not

Conner had 1,765 yds - 5.9 ypc - 26 TD's as a Sophomore. Pitt also played him 2 ways at DE while he played RB. He was a Pro-Bowler in his 2nd year.

Going into this season you thought Dallas wasn't as good as Greg Cooper or Joe Yearby.

In 3 games, 1 of which was Bethune Cookman - you've gone from comparing Dallas to undrafted RB's to NFL Pro-Bowl RB's.

I mean......OK....sure, why not
There are plenty of players who have more production but aren’t as talented than certain players who have less come on now... no doubt Conner was very productive but again from a talent and athleticism perspective, is he a top percentile at his position? No, he’s far from it. And can the season be played first?

And where was I wrong on cooper and yearby being better than Dallas through their first 2 years? Certainly more productive so It was absolutely correct. No one is even talking about what he did vs Bethune, he’s been as equally as productive if not more in the other 2 games so that’s a moot point tbqh.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back