Walton isn't a 2-3 round talent
Walton isn't obviously better than Homer
Walton shouldn't have gotten 250 carries in 2017

DeeJay's weight was over-dramatized
DeeJay's fumbling was over-dramatized
DeeJay wasn't a disappointment his Soph year
DeeJay is better than a borderline NFL prospect
DeeJay shouldn't obviously be backing up Cam
I looked right past the best in the country in 2017 so didn’t even consider that. Had he not been injured Walton would have finished that season with at least 1300 plus rushing yards. Can’t remember who else the acc had that year at rb other than aj Dillon though.

Dallas weight was not over dramatized because he looks much more explosive this year. He doesn’t break that uf 50 yard td run if he played at his sophmore weight. **** even that run vs Bethune as we saw him get caught vs Savannah state last season.

I love how our fans constantly claim none of our juniors everrrr have anything to gain by staying senior year, yet every other junior on other teams that stay, some how gain draft stock.
A lot depends on the position. A running back, with a lot of tape on them, doesn't have much to gain. It's not like they're going to get appreciably faster in another year.

I looked right past the best in the country in 2017 so didn’t even consider that. Had he not been injured Walton would have finished that season with at least 1300 plus rushing yards. Can’t remember who else the acc had that year at rb other than aj Dillon though.

Dallas weight was not over dramatized because he looks much more explosive this year. He doesn’t break that uf 50 yard td run if he played at his sophmore weight. **** even that run vs Bethune as we saw him get caught vs Savannah state last season.

- A 3rd round pick is one of the Top 8 RB's in the country - which sounds like one of the best in the country to me.
- Homer only had 966 yds in 2017, so saying Walton would've had 1,300 is a major leap
- Walton may have racked up a ton of yards in 2017 because the offensive genius that is Mark Richt may have fed him 200+ carries. But that wouldn't have made him "better" than other RB's
- Nyheim Hines & Jaylen Samuel have shown to be better RB's than Walton - so he would've been the 3rd best RB on NC St. in 2017
- If you like Homer better than Walton, then Walton would've been the 2nd best RB on his own team. If you like DJ better, Walton would've been #3.

I agree Dallas looks more explosive this year, but I think playing with a QB that can complete a downfield pass has as much effect as his weight.

Advertisement
Walton going in the 4th is still mind blowing to me. Homer went in the 6th.

I think DeeJay is a better pro prospect than Homer, and much better than Walton.

If he runs an a faster 40 than most think, something like a low 4.5, then I could see him sneaking into the 3rd, but I think that's unlikely.

I'm guessing he runs in the mid to high 4.5 range, and has a 4th-6th round range.
Why on Walton? Two years in he’s done zilch so seems like it was too high

He's a good back, but I see him 4th-5th round. Doesn't have the gamebreaking ability of Etienne or the pure power of one of them SEC backs that bust in the NFL but they draft them anyways. Hope he surprises and hope the man makes his money. True Cane

DeeJay is not a 3rd round pick. I love the kid but if you’ve followed the draft lately better prospects have been drafted later.

Advertisement
Unless Deejay surprises everyone with a 4.45-4.48 forty he looks like a 5th-6th rounder in today’s NFL

I've said it before that I think Dallas is a legit NFL feature back. This is a deep RB class so I have no idea where he would get picked. Malcolm Brown was an UDFA who I really liked and he could be the Rams' starter soon-ish with Gurley's arthritic knee.

Dallas has shown it all this year with his running traits, receiving skills and pass protection. But it will take time before evaluators catch up and then you'll see his stock soar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Late round pick. Average size and speed. Does a lot of things well, but not great, by NFL standards. High character, team player. Would work his tail off just to play special teams.

6th rounder at best. you guys are off your ******* rocker. I think everyone comes back except Jeff Thomas tho.

I won't let a single one of you convince me that DeeJay Dallas is a Day 2 pick. Nope. Y'all have proven to be bozos with regard to evaluating this University's talent for a long time.

I like DeeJay Dallas a lot...and his draft stock is higher today than yesterday and thats good for him. He'll get a shot to play in the league and in the NFL, at RB, it doesn't matter where you are drafted, youll get a shot to produce eventually at the position. If you can block and/or catch, you move to the front of the line. If you can not, you've got limited roster spots available for you.

Late round (6/7) or UDFA, but he can make a roster.

impossible. manny should have been fired after the UF game, enos is a terrible OC, and we should fight about the probable landing spot for all of our draft eligible players.
Yes. Why is Manny still hear? On the other hand #WillieForLife!

Advertisement
Back