DJ Dallas's draft prospects...

There are plenty of players who have more production but aren’t as talented than certain players who have less come on now... no doubt Conner was very productive but again from a talent and athleticism perspective, is he a top percentile at his position? No, he’s far from it. And can the season be played first?

And where was I wrong on cooper and yearby being better than Dallas through their first 2 years? Certainly more productive so It was absolutely correct. No one is even talking about what he did vs Bethune, he’s been as equally as productive if not more in the other 2 games so that’s a moot point tbqh.

So....

There are plenty of players who have more production but aren’t as talented....but Cooper & Yearby absolutely were better than Dallas their first 2 years because they were more productive?

And yes - please let the season play out before overreacting to a couple of games

2018 vs UNC & LSU - 19 for 152 yds - 8.0 ypc -1 TD
2019 vs UNC & UF - 26 for 202 yds - 7.8 ypc -1 TD

The dude you trashed before the start of the season has always been the same dude you're now hyping as a 3rd rounder 3 games into the season.

Advertisement
So....

There are plenty of players who have more production but aren’t as talented....but Cooper & Yearby absolutely were better than Dallas their first 2 years because they were more productive?

And yes - please let the season play out before overreacting to a couple of games

2018 vs UNC & LSU - 19 for 152 yds - 8.0 ypc -1 TD
2019 vs UNC & UF - 26 for 202 yds - 7.8 ypc -1 TD

The dude you trashed before the start of the season has always been the same dude you're now hyping as a 3rd rounder 3 games into the season.
No one trashed Dallas, I just Basically took an approach of I believe it when I see and i was Concerned how he finished last season which was fair imo. It’s safe to say he’s proven me wrong and he’s off to an excellent start obviously. It’s just game 4 of the season and absolutely too early talking about where a guy can and can’t go in the draft. While he’s being productive The situation you will see is a guy like cam Akers still getting drafted ahead of him eventually despite Dallas being a better rb just on hype alone. Is what it is

In regards to yearby and cooper from a pure talent perspective I’ve always been high on tbqh and they weren’t scrubs. Still a shame cooper went down like that and yearby never progressed from an athletic perspective once he got in college

Uh, he's played about 30 games so far. We've seen a lot of him..

He's got this season, plus another season of eligibility left. Why are Miami fans so eager to kick our good players out to the NFL? He should be playing another 24 or so games for UM.

At a minimum, can't this kind of conversation wait until the period between the end of the season and the bowl game?

It won't. People are too invested in the "Deejay was fat and slow last year" story that they've created.

Once certain narratives are created on this board, facts become irrelevant.

The funk the offense was in made everyone on offense look worse than they were last year.

I still don’t think he moved as well his sophomore year with the extra weight.

I been buying DJ stock for a minute and KNEW he would have a big year. The fans were sleeping hard on him in comparison to Cam.

He is MUCH more explosive after the weight loss. He became even better than I thought he would. He is showing the speed he had in high school plus some.

The thing that has surprised me is just how HARD he is running. Kid is on a mission and is our best player. He is still underutilized in the passing game. His ability to catch is gonna keep him on nfl rosters for a long time.

Advertisement
I won't let a single one of you convince me that DeeJay Dallas is a Day 2 pick. Nope. Y'all have proven to be bozos with regard to evaluating this University's talent for a long time.

I like DeeJay Dallas a lot...and his draft stock is higher today than yesterday and thats good for him. He'll get a shot to play in the league and in the NFL, at RB, it doesn't matter where you are drafted, youll get a shot to produce eventually at the position. If you can block and/or catch, you move to the front of the line. If you can not, you've got limited roster spots available for you.

Late round (6/7) or UDFA, but he can make a roster.

I still ain't taking the man in Day 2...but I'll tell you what...I know this man got a dog in him. He is playing for one of the worst teams to ever lace'em up here and this man is STILL trying to put the team on his back like he's Greg Jennings with a hurt leg. I want that kind of back on my team every year.

Yes. You got it right..:

Hi
I still ain't taking the man in Day 2...but I'll tell you what...I know this man got a dog in him. He is playing for one of the worst teams to ever lace'em up here and this man is STILL trying to put the team on his back like he's Greg Jennings with a hurt leg. I want that kind of back on my team every year.

I like Deejay but this is ridiculous. Reggie bush Was the most exciting college player ever. Dallas is not that guy period. Is he versatile like bush? Maybe but he’s DEFINITELY not a bush type of talent
Come again? If you don't think the plays Deejay made vs VT were exciting then you just see differently. That's 2 point conversion was Reggie Bushesque

Advertisement
Deejay Dallas is the best player on our team right now. Period. But he won't be drafted high.

Both facts.

Advertisement
Add Rousseau...
Rosseau has played well, for sure. He hasn't played "best player on the team"-well like Deejay and Brevin have though. PArt of that is he doesn't see the field like Deejay and Brevin do. I love Gregory! One of my favorite players on the D. I think he'll be a force for years to come.

Advertisement
Duke Johnson -- 3d round
Mark Walton -- 4th round

I'm assuming DJ will leave after this season. Nothing much to gain by staying -- and a lot to lose.

I see him as a 3d-4th round pick, like the above...
No break away speed, but does everything else well. Quick feet, makes defenders miss, great hands. I could see him going in the 4th round, and then having a long career.

Brevin and Deejay are the 1 and 2, no doubt. Order doesn't really matter. They are the ONLY players who have truly delivered this season. And done it every single week.
Jeff Thomas with a QB is pretty good too.

Advertisement
Back