DJ Dallas's draft prospects...

Advertisement
I love how our fans constantly claim none of our juniors everrrr have anything to gain by staying senior year, yet every other junior on other teams that stay, some how gain draft stock.

True in all cases except RB. They have a short shelf life. Gurley is already on the down side of his career. RB’s have to cash in while they can.

If I was a RB unless I was in the very top echelon ( 1st/2nd ) id make sure I got my degree whatever school I was at.

Shelf life on 95% of RB’s is 3-4 years which puts you in the 28-29 yr old range when you’re done.Not being in that top tier you probably haven’t made multi-millions and even then 1-2 million ain’t lasting you for the next 40-50 years of your life not if you want to live decently .

You better make **** sure you got a backup plan for the rest of your life.

Having said all this I think DJ comes back cause the kid is smart enough to know he’s not going to go higher than MAYBE 3rd Probably 4th or higher round and that money ain’t retiring when he’s done money.

Advertisement
Devin singletary went 3rd round at 5’8 sub 200 running a 4.73, nfl is weird like that

To be fair....

Going into their Junior years our fans tried their hardest to convince themselves that:

1) Mark Walton was the best RB in the ACC, one of the best in the country, a 2-3 round pick, should get 250 carries because he was obviously better than Travis Homer.

2) Deejay Dallas was an overweight disappointment with fumbling problems who was barely an NFL prospect, and shouldn't be our starter because he was obviously not as good as Cam Harris.

So Canes fans can be pretty weird like that too

Advertisement
To be fair....

Going into their Junior years our fans tried their hardest to convince themselves that:

1) Mark Walton was the best RB in the ACC, one of the best in the country, a 2-3 round pick, should get 250 carries because he was obviously better than Travis Homer.

2) Deejay Dallas was an overweight disappointment with fumbling problems who was barely an NFL prospect, and shouldn't be our starter because he was obviously not as good as Cam Harris.

So Canes fans can be pretty weird like that too
Was any of that not true? Walton was drafted 4th round while missing majority of his junior season where he would have put up huge numbers. It’s not far fetched to say he would have gotten drafted a little higher(maybe mid 3rd round). And for the record i liked homer running more so than Walton tbh

In regards to Dallas those complaints were very valid, he had fumbling issues and WAS overweight. The new and improved deejay Dallas looks more explosive and so far hasn’t fumbled

Last edited:
Walton going in the 4th is still mind blowing to me. Homer went in the 6th.

I think DeeJay is a better pro prospect than Homer, and much better than Walton.

If he runs an a faster 40 than most think, something like a low 4.5, then I could see him sneaking into the 3rd, but I think that's unlikely.

I'm guessing he runs in the mid to high 4.5 range, and has a 4th-6th round range.
I like all these guys and many will make nice living in NFL, but those draft spots compared to our view of them says a lot about how far we have fallen. Willis tore up his knee in horrific injury last game of seaso and STILL got drafted in the frigging first round THAT year. Gore went in 3rd round after TWO ACLs. I know RBs are not highly regarded today but which one of our previous 1st round backs would not be drafted in first today?

Advertisement
Believe he had a baby not to long again.

Pretty sure he’ll continue play hard and with lots of passion like he’s done since day one. And prove he’s worthy of being drafted and have a great career.

Really don’t see a reason for him to come back next year If he stays healthy going forward. Cane legend already in my book.

Advertisement
I wish we would stop with the he's leaving early assumptions. DJ needs to keep doing what he's doing and then improve upon it next year to really do himself justice and get drafted as high as possible.

Go Canes!

5th round at best. Small sample size of starting reps, fumble issues, and The team isn't ranked. Team success has a huge impact on draft day. DJ should come back next year. He’s good but if he wants to go higher in the draft he needs to be great. If we run the table and he balls out against Clemson in the acc championship that would help him big time.

Was any of that not true? Walton was drafted 4th round while missing majority of his junior season where he would have put up huge numbers. It’s not far fetched to say he would have gotten drafted a little higher(maybe mid 3rd round). And for the record i liked homer running more so than Walton tbh

In regards to Dallas those complaints were very valid, he had fumbling issues and WAS overweight. The new and improved deejay Dallas looks more explosive and so far hasn’t fumbled

Yeah - all of it wasn't true. With the benefit of hindsight we know now that:

Walton wasn't the best RB in the ACC in 2017
Walton isn't a 2-3 round talent
Walton isn't obviously better than Homer
Walton shouldn't have gotten 250 carries in 2017

DeeJay's weight was over-dramatized
DeeJay's fumbling was over-dramatized
DeeJay wasn't a disappointment his Soph year
DeeJay is better than a borderline NFL prospect
DeeJay shouldn't obviously be backing up Cam

Advertisement
Back