Discussion: Transfer portal QB options

Since we throwing names out there that most likely won't happen ill throw three the staff should try to persuade.

1. Zach Wilson - BYU ... best QB no one is talking about mobile pin point accuracy and throw darts with a flick of the wrist like Aaron Roddgers

2. Matt Corral - Ole Miss - fits this offense perfect Kiffin has him looking tony the tiger great at ole miss i know he was a head case coming out of HS but he looks good so far..

3. Casey Thompson - Texas - Back up and if he doesn't transfer that's all his career in Austin will be is a back up. He's talented fits the scheme and looked good in mop up duty earlier this year

I dont see any of them coming here but Wilson would lead us to a NC if he transferred here and could stay healthy no doubt

Advertisement
There will always be some good grad transfers that will transfer after the season to make one late push for the NFL. I'm sure we will be able to find someone. Here are some possibilities from teams currently playing.

BYU QB Zach Wilson
Iowa State QB Brock Purdy
Louisville QB Mcale Cunningham
Luke Anthony Louisiana Tech
Alan Bowman Texas Tech
Brady White Memphis
Desmond Ridder Cincinnati
Charlie Brewer Baylor
Quincy Patterson Virginia Tech
Sam Hartman Wake Forest
Tommy Devito Syracuse
Levi Lewis Louisiana Layfette
Logan Bonner Arkansas State
Then you have the backups from Oklahoma, Clemson and Etc

I think Levi Lewis would be a good option... 29 Total TDs 4INTs as Junior

Since we throwing names out there that most likely won't happen ill throw three the staff should try to persuade.

1. Zach Wilson - BYU ... best QB no one is talking about mobile pin point accuracy and throw darts with a flick of the wrist like Aaron Roddgers

2. Matt Corral - Ole Miss - fits this offense perfect Kiffin has him looking tony the tiger great at ole miss i know he was a head case coming out of HS but he looks good so far..

3. Casey Thompson - Texas - Back up and if he doesn't transfer that's all his career in Austin will be is a back up. He's talented fits the scheme and looked good in mop up duty earlier this year

I dont see any of them coming here but Wilson would lead us to a NC if he transferred here and could stay healthy no doubt
You believe a Mormon would consider transferring to Miami from Mecca? Not happening.

Advertisement
Asher O’hara Middle Tenn St- RS junior this yr therefore could grad transfer.

Zac Thomas App St- senior this yr therefore could grad transfer with the extra yr of eligibility because of Covid.

Dustin Crum- Kent St. same situation as Thomas. Has NFL buzz according to some articles. Could prob use a yr playing big boy football to help his stock rise.

IMO the King model is the model for us to go if we go the transfer route. Get a guy with success at a lower level that wants to play on a bigger stage and has something to prove. A lot of the “big name” transfers either end up getting bagged by places like UGA-Newman/Daniels, Oklahoma-Kyler/Baker/Hurts, LSU- Burrow or end up just simply not being good like Martell.
Solid list

Advertisement
What about Alan bowman. Texas tech can’t keep him upright. Maybe he wants a change of scenery. He has an nfl arm

Why would Corral leave Lame Kitten when he has him playing well?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Auburn will move on from Gus before Gus moves on from Nix.

I would love to see some kind of proof that Riley prefers another QB on the roster other than Rattler. Mordecai has been in Riley’s system a year longer than Rattler and even appeared in games for the Sooners before this year and couldn’t impress Riley to name him the starter over Rattler.
Lol

Advertisement
Back