Discussion: Transfer portal QB options

Advertisement
They had 17 points at halftime and Rattler had a beautiful TD throw.

Riley should be trying to stop someone defensively. Reeks of a panic move.
Thats not the problem today. The only reasons they’re in this game is because that D has cause 2 turnovers. They have like 4 sacks today. Maybe you should actually watch some OU football and seen Lincoln’s reactions toward Rattler. Then maybe you would’ve caught a hint.

Mordecai with a blistering 5/7 for 52 yards. Looks like Riley saw enough of him and went to Rattler.
Doesn’t matter. He was benched and he’ll probably be benched again. Admit when you’re wrong and stop being a *****.

Advertisement
Thats not the problem today. The only reasons they’re in this game is because that D has cause 2 turnovers. They have like 4 sacks today. Maybe you should actually watch some OU football and seen Lincoln’s reactions toward Rattler. Then maybe you would’ve caught a hint.

He’s already back in.

Thats not the problem today. The only reasons they’re in this game is because that D has cause 2 turnovers. They have like 4 sacks today. Maybe you should actually watch some OU football and seen Lincoln’s reactions toward Rattler. Then maybe you would’ve caught a hint
Doesn’t matter. He was benched and he’ll probably be benched again. Admit when you’re wrong and stop being a *****.
They have like 4 sacks today. Maybe you should actually watch some OU football and seen Lincoln’s reactions toward Rattler. Then maybe you would’ve caught a hint.
I may have been a bit rude in my comment and I shouldn't have. But dude, you say a lot of jerk things on this board. Relax. It's a fan board. Everything will be okay.

Rattler is throwing darts. It's hard to imagine Riley pulling him in favor of Mordecai for two series and then re-inserting Rattler. Maybe during the half, Rattler and Riley had a "come to Jesus" moment or the reports of Rattler having an arm injury on the fumble are accurate.

Advertisement
Just a discussion about who potentially could be our immediate options next year at QB. I, as probably many do, believe that we are probably going big time QB fishing in the portal again so here’s the thread to avoid the inevitable 5 billion that are going to eventually come.

Arkansas St. has a split QB room right now with their starter from last year, Bama transfer Layne Hatcher, and the guy he replaced in Logan Bonner who was hurt. Don’t know why they’re not going with Hatcher after he was a stud for them.

I smell one coming out of OU just a matter of time. If they bench Rattler for Mordecai I think he heads face first into the portal. Mordecai also wouldn’t be a bad option but far from a flashy one.

Oregon is a risk for a transfer

Vols QB Brian Maurer for the most part looks the most likely at the moment being that Jarrett kept the job and they added Harrison Bailey. Florida kid with some talent to boot.

we have UCF...particularly Mackenzie Milton if he somehow doesn’t become the starter again and possibly Darriel Mack.

Kent State star Dustin Crum could look to move to try and play himself in the first round of next years draft and will probably be our most physically talented QB since the QB room of Kelly, Testaverde, Kosar, and Walsh. D’Eriq is the most physically gifted playmaker but Crum will definitely be the biggest legitimate QB talent since that room.

And this one is a bit of a wild card but I could definitely see Malzahn moving on from Bo Nix and going to Chayil Garnett which you would believe would lead to Bo wanting the heck out of dodge.

If I missed a situation mention it. If I missed a player who could want to transfer then mention it so we could discuss.
Bo Nix sucks. Would not want him anywhere near our team.

Either Crum or Rattler (if available) would both be much better choices, in my opinion.

Thanks for the informative thread! It’s good to know that we have some pretty good options should King choose to turn pro.

Bo Nix sucks. Would not want him anywhere near our team.

Either Crum or Rattler (if available) would both be much better choices, in my opinion.

Thanks for the informative thread! It’s good to know that we have some pretty good options should King choose to turn pro.
And I bet you would’ve felt the same way about Shane Buechele as you do with Bo Nix but look what Lashlee did with him. If Lashlee is here then I wouldn’t have a problem with Bo Nix.

I almost forgot about Carson Beck from UGA. I know some of y’all thought he was overrated coming out but he excelled in a spread system in High school and has some athletic ability. Could be worth a look.

Advertisement
Lincoln Riley is biding his time until Caleb Williams hits campus..... Rattler will be in for the battle of his life.

Advertisement
Lincoln Riley is biding his time until Caleb Williams hits campus..... Rattler will be in for the battle of his life.

I mean Rattler isn't the reason they are losing. That defense is terrible.

Williams should be excited that he is making those Freshman mistakes because the job will be wide open next summer.

Ark St vs. Georgia State today.

QB battle going down between Hatcher and Bonner. Bonner was injured majority of last year and Hatcher was a sensation for them. One of them will transfer.

Just to update this and continue the conversation.

Darriel Mack is in the portal already( 1 down )

Garret Schrader as well

Looks like JT Daniels is getting the start this week for UGA. Depending on how that goes, Carson Beck will have to make some decisions. BVG is set to enroll early and more than likely, he'll be the next one up behind Daniels....

Advertisement
Back