Discussion: Transfer portal QB options

Advertisement
Bring me Layne Hatcher from Ark St. He’s better than that kid he’s splitting time with. He can make all the throws, mobile enough, and is plenty accurate. Will also have 3 years of eligibility left.

A QB like Rattler would be nice, but I doubt that happens. If Malik Willis from Liberty transfers I'd want him.

Willis already transferred once from Auburn. Only way he leaves is if Freeze gets another job and he follows him. Even following him is unlikely.

Advertisement
No on anything from Ark State

Agree. This is one portal position you NEED to nail assuming you're looking for our 2021 starter. If you want to pull from a low level D1 school, you better be **** sure he';s the real deal. Too much of a risk. The ramifications of missing it could be bad - you might lose the lockerroom a bit if you do.

Advertisement
I'm gonna throw the ultimate pipe dream out there.

I was hoping DTR would finally have enough of Chip Kelly's ****, decide to redshirt after 4 games, and transfer to a contender after the season. He has friends at Miami, even if they're probably gone after the season, and he's a perfect fit for Lashlee's offense.

I know its not happening. But it is 2020 and crazier things are happening every day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wait, didn't some guy on this thread say that Rattler stinks? Or that Riley didn't prefer him and he was going to be replaced by some other QB. I thought I remember reading that.

Also worth noting that former GT QB James Graham has hit the portal.

Advertisement
Back