Discussion: Transfer portal QB options

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Just a discussion about who potentially could be our immediate options next year at QB. I, as probably many do, believe that we are probably going big time QB fishing in the portal again so here’s the thread to avoid the inevitable 5 billion that are going to eventually come.

Arkansas St. has a split QB room right now with their starter from last year, Bama transfer Layne Hatcher, and the guy he replaced in Logan Bonner who was hurt. Don’t know why they’re not going with Hatcher after he was a stud for them.

I smell one coming out of OU just a matter of time. If they bench Rattler for Mordecai I think he heads face first into the portal. Mordecai also wouldn’t be a bad option but far from a flashy one.

Oregon is a risk for a transfer

Vols QB Brian Maurer for the most part looks the most likely at the moment being that Jarrett kept the job and they added Harrison Bailey. Florida kid with some talent to boot.

we have UCF...particularly Mackenzie Milton if he somehow doesn’t become the starter again and possibly Darriel Mack.

Kent State star Dustin Crum could look to move to try and play himself in the first round of next years draft and will probably be our most physically talented QB since the QB room of Kelly, Testaverde, Kosar, and Walsh. D’Eriq is the most physically gifted playmaker but Crum will definitely be the biggest legitimate QB talent since that room.

And this one is a bit of a wild card but I could definitely see Malzahn moving on from Bo Nix and going to Chayil Garnett which you would believe would lead to Bo wanting the heck out of dodge.

If I missed a situation mention it. If I missed a player who could want to transfer then mention it so we could discuss.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Asher O’hara Middle Tenn St- RS junior this yr therefore could grad transfer.

Zac Thomas App St- senior this yr therefore could grad transfer with the extra yr of eligibility because of Covid.

Dustin Crum- Kent St. same situation as Thomas. Has NFL buzz according to some articles. Could prob use a yr playing big boy football to help his stock rise.

IMO the King model is the model for us to go if we go the transfer route. Get a guy with success at a lower level that wants to play on a bigger stage and has something to prove. A lot of the “big name” transfers either end up getting bagged by places like UGA-Newman/Daniels, Oklahoma-Kyler/Baker/Hurts, LSU- Burrow or end up just simply not being good like Martell.

Asher O’hara Middle Tenn St- RS junior this yr therefore could grad transfer.

Zac Thomas App St- senior this yr therefore could grad transfer with the extra yr of eligibility because of Covid.

Dustin Crum- Kent St. same situation as Thomas. Has NFL buzz according to some articles. Could prob use a yr playing big boy football to help his stock rise.

IMO the King model is the model for us to go if we go the transfer route. Get a guy with success at a lower level that wants to play on a bigger stage and has something to prove. A lot of the “big name” transfers either end up getting bagged by places like UGA-Newman/Daniels, Oklahoma-Kyler/Baker/Hurts, LSU- Burrow or end up just simply not being good like Martell.
I would prefer that to and Crum is getting more than some draft buzz. Like I said in the op, he’s got a chance to play himself into the 1st round if he transfers. Don’t think he’ll get that buzz at Kent State.

I gotta check out O’Hara though. Haven’t heard that name before.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Plus, didn't we burn that bridge during his initial recruitment?

We didnt offer him and brooklyndee aka ddscane aka hightowers uncle was mad mad. That was jon and mark richt though. Not sure its a burned bridge.

Our #1 recruiting priority at QB is MR Lashlee. We got to lock him up and we will be good at QB every year. He will develop or bring the goods

We also have a young bull in our stable I heard is pretty good.

And the **** with Bo Nix... NO!

Advertisement
Our #1 recruiting priority at QB is MR Lashlee. We got to lock him up and we will be good at QB every year. He will develop or bring the goods

We also have a young bull in our stable I heard is pretty good.

And the **** with Bo Nix... NO!
Bo pix!!!! I’ve heard it all

If we bring in another Grad QB, other schools might be looking at us the same way you're looking at other teams. What if Kosi and TVD hit the portal?

Auburn will move on from Gus before Gus moves on from Nix.

I would love to see some kind of proof that Riley prefers another QB on the roster other than Rattler. Mordecai has been in Riley’s system a year longer than Rattler and even appeared in games for the Sooners before this year and couldn’t impress Riley to name him the starter over Rattler.

Advertisement
Back