Discussion: Transfer portal QB options

Competition is good. Let's assume King leaves and Miami wants 4 quality QBs on the rooster. Matocha should be encouraged to transfer somewhere he can play.

Here's what I think would be ideal:
1. TVD
2. Elite QB transfer (TBD)
3. Perry
4. Milton (it's a high risk/high reward, but you are essentially swapping Matocha- who will never see the field, for Milton, who could return to being a star if his recovery was successful)
I actually would classify Crum as #2. That dude fires anti-air missiles out of that arm and he’s only thrown 2 picks. Look him up bro, you’ll be surprised how good the kid is.

I also would prefer for Van Dyke to take reins but I also want him to have a full grasp and be physically ready. A lot of people forget that he was a pitcher just last December.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Understood. Thinking about after King departs, and the poor recruiting/scouting of HS quarterbacks by the Canes over the past almost two decades.
Man the mope is strong here huh? I mean we have scouted, recruited, and started more than a few good QBs in 20 years. Were they as strong as our guys back in the 80's and 90's? No, but our teams around those guys weren't as strong either.

Man the mope is strong here huh? I mean we have scouted, recruited, and started more than a few good QBs in 20 years. Were they as strong as our guys back in the 80's and 90's? No, but our teams around those guys weren't as strong either.
Other than Kaaya, can't think of any. And Brad was no world-beater.

Advertisement
I’d love it to happen but it’s unlikely.
Why do you say this? Just curious.

I mean i know nothing, but if Deriq is serious about playing QB in the NFL and the scouts are seriously not even going to consider him there this year then it makes sense to come back, put another year of QB tape out there. especially if he is going to continuously scan the field and make the right read.

Sometimes NFL people can have their minds changed, but it's tough and you need as many reps as possible to do it.

I mean i know nothing, but if Deriq is serious about playing QB in the NFL and the scouts are seriously not even going to consider him there this year then it makes sense to come back, put another year of QB tape out there. especially if he is going to continuously scan the field and make the right read.

Sometimes NFL people can have their minds changed, but it's tough and you need as many reps as possible to do it.
Except he’s already proving to them that he can play QB in the league and his stock is rising...

I want us to start recruiting proper high school Qbs and developing them too. But i think if the Qbs on roster step up then we wont go out and try to get transfers so i guess we have to do with it until we are there

Advertisement

Except he’s already proving to them that he can play QB in the league and his stock is rising...
What Z said.

He came here to help his stock and play on a big stage, to show he’s a qb at the next level. He’s on pace to have a great year and move himself up to a 3-5 rounder. He’s also in his mid 20’s. It’ll just be time, both parties will have gotten what they wanted and needed in this relationship.

I’d love to have him back but it’s kinda u realistic imo.

But is it really?

I know you're an aspiring scout, but he has a history of injury, he's really small in the eyes of league people, and he isn't Drew Breese accurate. Now he is making good decisions and processing information it appears, but to say his stock is rising i think is more your opinion at this point.

What Z said.

He came here to help his stock and play on a big stage, to show he’s a qb at the next level. He’s on pace to have a great year and move himself up to a 3-5 rounder. He’s also in his mid 20’s. It’ll just be time, both parties will have gotten what they wanted and needed in this relationship.

I’d love to have him back but it’s kinda u realistic imo.
How old is he? I don't discount what you, or Z are saying. It just seems like a very big leap. he'd have to play heisman finalist, maybe top 2, to get a leap like that IMO. I LOVE KING, LOVE HIM, but when i take my cane colored glasses off i have a hard time seeing his elite to very good QB traits.
Like i said maybe his decision making and the processing of infomration is where he will excel.

Advertisement
The fun starts
I was just poking around the ou board. They are in total meltdown mode, as you ca imagine. Saw alot of stuff about lack of player leadership, locker room controversy between the upperclassmen who feel they waited their turn to play and the freshmen who feel they are more talented. Reminded me of another team we all know...

Saw this, too from one of their board mods: " I will also say this. Caleb Williams (QB) may not help this situation either. He has already made himself 'chief recruiter' for the program. Do you not think he will be lobbying for his 'recruits' to play early. The fact that he is already in Norman, geez. I fear that I can see a QB controversy as soon as he steps on campus and practices. If Rattler 'leads' the team to a 5-5 or 6-4 season, Rattler is on the hot seat already. "

I think King was a special case because of his accolades and leadership.

There isn't a player of his caliber on the market every year.

My guess is we roll with Perry or TVD next year.

I was just poking around the ou board. They are in total meltdown mode, as you ca imagine. Saw alot of stuff about lack of player leadership, locker room controversy between the upperclassmen who feel they waited their turn to play and the freshmen who feel they are more talented. Reminded me of another team we all know...

Saw this, too from one of their board mods: " I will also say this. Caleb Williams (QB) may not help this situation either. He has already made himself 'chief recruiter' for the program. Do you not think he will be lobbying for his 'recruits' to play early. The fact that he is already in Norman, geez. I fear that I can see a QB controversy as soon as he steps on campus and practices. If Rattler 'leads' the team to a 5-5 or 6-4 season, Rattler is on the hot seat already. "
Yeah it’s going to get catastrophic there. Civil war pretty much. Williams and Rattler are the same type of ******* too it’ll be interesting to see how what Lincoln does. That WR room is nuts they feel like Rambo shouldn’t be the teams WR1 it’s a lot lol my Guy perk might opt out completely **** is crazy

Advertisement

I’m here for it. ***** OU

why the f are they worrying about rattler when they are giving up 40 pts and are soft as **** on d.

why the f are they worrying about rattler when they are giving up 40 pts and are soft as **** on d.
That whole team is soft and entitled. Jalen hurts and Kenneth Murray were and are great leaders and workers. Where’s the leadership coming from. They also had a bunch of suspensions and opt outs

That whole team is soft and entitled. Jalen hurts and Kenneth Murray were and are great leaders and workers. Where’s the leadership coming from. They also had a bunch of suspensions and opt outs
Motley the corner was a leader too

Advertisement
Back