Disconnect

Including the Corch with no arms or legs
Jury's still out. Not sure if he's a good coach who has been dealing with an unlucky streak of injuries or if he's just a baby kangaroo taking refuge and comfort in Mario's pouch. If it's the latter, extricating him will be difficult.

Advertisement
Not only did he not want to allow OC's to bring in there own guys, he wanted to have an input on scheme so that the run game was front and center. Good luck getting any OC worth a **** being okay with the above.
We’re fuq’ed for the life of FAILibol’s contract

We need to create a minimum of two vacancies on the offensive staff. I firmly believe/know that’s already happened (just waiting for the season to end).

For the right candidate, I’d create one or two more vacancies and let my new OC bring in ”his guys” (up to 4 slots) for continuity and cohesion.

With that said, no way I hire a first time OC. That means no Hartline, etc. We cannot afford for somebody to learn on the job. The hire must have an exciting offense that is predicated on space and pace and bring with him a proven record of success. It doesn’t have to be a P5 coordinator. Just somebody whose scheme has a record of success. Jason Candle at Toledo (I know he’s the head coach) would be great and he can bring Kevin Beard to coach WRs. Andrew Sowder at Kent State is another creative offensive mind that would do well here.
I think Candle was interviewed...and if he's one of the interested OCs, and was turned down because he wanted the likes of Kevin Beard to come with him, then that's beyond insanity.

I not only can't upvote this enough....but I believe this 100%...and was scared of this from jumpstreet. @RVACane we talked about this several times. @The Franchise you were right once again. You simply CANNOT come in with that "I played at UM....and I'm coming Home with not only a vengeance, but a My way or the Highway, closed mind BS"...What f-ing Good to Elite OC, (meaning they've been successful with coaches under them, and have developed relationships on and off the field) doesn't have people in mind, that he'd be ecstatic to have them come with him??..you'd think Mario would have been elated.....Luigi needs to remember where he came from in the coaching ranks...and how important it is to have a quality staff immediately....especially in today's game. GREAT staffs are priority #1...without that, you're dead in the water.
Yes Sir. I don’t know enough about the ins and outs of building a program but I had no idea how that was supposed to work. It was very odd in that he was putting these pieces in place and then trying to tell established OC’s to come in and run it - and likely run the scheme Mario wants. I came to realize, as I have stated on here previously that I’m convinced Mario wasn’t simply taking his time to hire an OC - my guess is that guys we’d want weren’t interested under the conditions imposed. And for good reason as we can see.

My fear, beyond whether he’ll actually have a change in philosophy, is if he can get someone established who could run with their own staff and scheme given what’s transpired.

Advertisement
Isn't this why you fire coaches in the season? Yeah, some players will be leaving too but some will not and you risk the chance of further ruining your returning guys by having them exposed to coaching or lack thereof. Did anybody get the IPAD out, sit Jacurri down and go over any of the misses? Was the kid (true freshmen) just left to try to figure it out on his own? Yet ya'll talking about how things may look to fire coaches during the season. It looks worse, when you the HC willingly allow your players to be subjected to that kind of leadership. The stuff I am hearing in the rest of the thread is ALARMING.

Last edited:
Yes Sir. I don’t know enough about the ins and outs of building a program but I had no idea how that was supposed to work. It was very odd in that he was putting these pieces in place and then trying to tell established OC’s to come in and run it - and likely run the scheme Mario wants. I came to realize, as I have stated on here previously that I’m convinced Mario wasn’t simply taking his time to hire an OC - my guess is that guys we’d want weren’t interested under the conditions imposed. And for good reason as we can see.

My fear, beyond whether he’ll actually have a change in philosophy, is if he can get someone established who could run with their own staff and scheme given what’s transpired.
It's my fear as well. I don't like what I'm hearing from Mario. He strikes me as a stubborn guy who is completely married to a specific offensive philosophy and is willing to go down with the ship if necessary. I mean he's been paid and he probably dismisses any suggestions to alter his offensive philosophy as delusional fanspeak. Depressing times

I not only can't upvote this enough....but I believe this 100%...and was scared of this from jumpstreet. @RVACane we talked about this several times. @The Franchise you were right once again. You simply CANNOT come in with that "I played at UM....and I'm coming Home with not only a vengeance, but a My way or the Highway, closed mind BS"...What f-ing Good to Elite OC, (meaning they've been successful with coaches under them, and have developed relationships on and off the field) doesn't have people in mind, that he'd be ecstatic to have them come with him??..you'd think Mario would have been elated.....Luigi needs to remember where he came from in the coaching ranks...and how important it is to have a quality staff immediately....especially in today's game. GREAT staffs are priority #1...without that, you're dead in the water.
Mario needs to hire great coordinators, provide locker room leadership and culture, recruit his *** off, and get tf out of the way!

Advertisement
We have coaches checked out that know they’re gone. Same with players. It is what it is.

If Mario has decided to move on from certain coaches I hope has already started putting together a list of coaches he wants hire. It wouldn't make any sense not to have that process started already.

I think Candle was interviewed...and if he's one of the interested OCs, and was turned down because he wanted the likes of Kevin Beard to come with him, then that's beyond insanity.
Guys like Jason Candle, Dan Mullen, and Graham Harrell don’t need Mario’s help with running an offense. They’ve done it a helluva lot more than he has..

Being only a few rows back from the Miami bench I saw a ton of disconnect, specifically the offensive side.

The WR group is a complete **** show on the sideline. I didn’t see one coach near them the entire game. Brinson, George, and Redding were completely out of it.

Ponce— this dude didn’t do one ducking thing all game long.

Mirabal— see above.

Beating a dead horse here, but this offense has much deeper issues going on then just the OC and talent. I can’t believe Gattis is worse then Enos. Are these guys just collecting free money and purposely failing? Gattis decisions certainly seem like that.

Defense:

I thought the coaches were engaged. There were some good adjustments made and defensive plays we built upon, but….

Clemson moved the ball without breaking a sweat with a trash can QB.

We definitely had some pre snap alignment issues that put us in a disadvantage from the jump and a few other hiccups, but overall the defense gave us a chance.

It’s time to move on from the James Williams experiment unless he cuts out the crap and learns how to tackle.

Jafari Harvey: WTF is this kid doing? Him and JW0 have the lowest IQ. I’ve seen Harvey do this multiple times through this career.

Not sure what the two defensive line coaches bring to the table…
The offensive was not that bad. We can't expect to hold blocks for 4-5 seconds, especially against that defense

It is looking like year 2 will tell us if Mario is likely to work out long term. If Mario F's up the OC fire and hire, I would have lost all confidence.

Advertisement
Guys like Jason Candle, Dan Mullen, and Graham Harrell don’t need Mario’s help with running an offense. They’ve done it a helluva lot more than he has..
At this F-ing point and for 2yrs I've said, and @RVACane will attest, give David Yost a call...and before anyone says sh*t about FIU now....the guy has worked with alot of Athletic QBs...and has developed them....Blaine Gabbert, Chase Daniels, and Brad Smith at Missouri...and Jordan Love. Players Love him. Go Google David Yost, and read his credentials both Passing, and surprisingly his rush attack. You'd get him cheaper than $1.8 million.

Advertisement
At this F-ing point and for 2yrs I've said, and @RVACane will attest, give David Yost a call...and before anyone says sh*t about FIU now....the guy has worked with alot of Athletic QBs...and has developed them....Blaine Gabbert, Chase Daniels, and Brad Smith at Missouri...and Jordan Love. Players Love him. Go Google David Yost, and read his credentials both Passing, and surprisingly his rush attack. You'd get him cheaper than $1.8 million.
You did and have and he’d be better than Gattis but didn’t he fail at his last stop? I can’t recall. I see he’s at FIU now which I haven’t followed so how’s that gone - aside from better than UM? Lol

You did and have and he’d be better than Gattis but didn’t he fail at his last stop? I can’t recall. I see he’s at FIU now which I haven’t followed so how’s that gone - aside from better than UM? Lol
Not good at FIU....But his resume speaks for itself in regards to Athletic QBs...His Utah St Offense in 2017 was #1 in America...he also worked under Leach at Oregon as WR coach. At Missouri he also had the #1 Rushing Attack in the Big12 one yr.

Advertisement
Back