Disconnect

Being only a few rows back from the Miami bench I saw a ton of disconnect, specifically the offensive side.

The WR group is a complete **** show on the sideline. I didn’t see one coach near them the entire game. Brinson, George, and Redding were completely out of it.

Ponce— this dude didn’t do one ducking thing all game long.

Mirabal— see above.

Beating a dead horse here, but this offense has much deeper issues going on then just the OC and talent. I can’t believe Gattis is worse then Enos. Are these guys just collecting free money and purposely failing? Gattis decisions certainly seem like that.

Defense:

I thought the coaches were engaged. There were some good adjustments made and defensive plays we built upon, but….

Clemson moved the ball without breaking a sweat with a trash can QB.

We definitely had some pre snap alignment issues that put us in a disadvantage from the jump and a few other hiccups, but overall the defense gave us a chance.

It’s time to move on from the James Williams experiment unless he cuts out the crap and learns how to tackle.

Jafari Harvey: WTF is this kid doing? Him and JW0 have the lowest IQ. I’ve seen Harvey do this multiple times through this career.

Not sure what the two defensive line coaches bring to the table…
Curious about your claim Ponce did nothing all game. Watched it on TV and every time the camera showed the QBs on the sideline Ponce was there with the talking to them. In one shot he was sitting in between Brown and Garcia on the bench having what looked like a pretty involved convo with them.

Advertisement
I don't care about Ponce one way or the other, but I don't know why everyone is so down on him. At the end of the day, in terms of the organizational structure, Gattis is in charge of the offense and if there's a disconnect between the two of them, Ponce can't go over Gattis or step on his toes. From the outside looking in, there is no way for anyone here to tell me what's on Ponce vs. Gattis.

The fact is that this offense started to look a lot better and then TVD went down. If TVD doesn't get injured, IMO we are not 5-6 and the offense doesn't look this dysfunctional.

Think Cribby hinted at it in another locked thread but Mike Ryan said on the local hour today that an active WR from South Florida has been recruiting against Miami. This culture is so ****ed. Here for the purge #PUYL

I don't care about Ponce one way or the other, but I don't know why everyone is so down on him. At the end of the day, in terms of the organizational structure, Gattis is in charge of the offense and if there's a disconnect between the two of them, Ponce can't go over Gattis or step on his toes. From the outside looking in, there is no way for anyone here to tell me what's on Ponce vs. Gattis.

The fact is that this offense started to look a lot better and then TVD went down. If TVD doesn't get injured, IMO we are not 5-6 and the offense doesn't look this dysfunctional.

TVD started chucking 60 passes a game with clueless Gattis trying to overcompensate for his dumb play calling from previous games.... that after having lost 3 to 4 games already.....

I would say this OC hire is make or break. Optics of firing a Broyles award winner isn’t good, but results tell a different story. Gattis is a fraud

There is no way he or this program survives if we make another poor OC hire. At some point we need to build continuity between staff and players. They can’t be learning a new system every year.

You have to hire a known commodity. Some who can make it happen. I wouldn’t even gamble on a guy like Riley. It’s too late in the game for guessing.

Top 5 in no particular order:

Longo UNC
Ruggerio WF
Sowder KS
Anae SU
Grub UW

UTSA has been crushing it in all major categories. I don’t know much about their staff but that offense is nasty.
id love longo but odnt think he leaves maye tbh. i think TVD returns if Longo is the OC though and we also become much more attractive for skill talent in the portal.

Advertisement
Think Cribby hinted at it in another locked thread but Mike Ryan said on the local hour today that an active WR from South Florida has been recruiting against Miami. This culture is so ****ed. Here for the purge #PUYL
what did ryan the homer allege? wyttingham has been correct from day 1 on the show about us this year. look, if theyre saying mario is prehistoric and doesnt know offense if it hit him in the face, the results this year prove it. doesnt mean it wont change but we also have to make the changes first. till then, were a historically bad offense.

I thought Mario was super hard on the coaches too? I’m surprised Mario lets this **** slide.

Mario can't say much - they were ALL his hires!

If they suck - his judgement sucks. His evaluations suck.

I don't see Mario standing up and saying, "Well, I certainly siht that hiring effort up!"

There’s people in this fanbase that have sworn up and down all year that there’s “guys wide open” in this scheme. It’s Richt 2.0

The all 22 is incredibly deceptive. Especially when you have an oc that’s a receivers coach and a qb coach who is clearly not transferring what is seen in the all 22 to the qbs at field level.

Our fanbase is pathetic when sticking up for coaches. It’s unbelievable the excuses I’ve seen for gattis and the entire O staff as a whole.

When nobody can find the open man, you have a systemic problem. That’s coaching.

Advertisement
Someone said that Mirabal was checked out too. I don't know how factual that is but is it possible that Mario would cut Mirabal loose after 1 season? That would be shocking to me.
He should be cut. He was a disaster at Clemson. He looked like he didn’t give a ****

Didnt read the thread, but when grad transfer Agude continued to dive at the RB giving up containment and let their QB easily run for first downs over and over I wanted to punch the TV

We have coaches checked out that know they’re gone. Same with players. It is what it is.
For the sake of making this point, let's say we beat Pitt and now have a bowl game to prep for. Does the coaches already doomed stay for the bowl or how exactly would you see that working out?

Advertisement
Back