Disconnect

M3N

Senior
Being only a few rows back from the Miami bench I saw a ton of disconnect, specifically the offensive side.

The WR group is a complete **** show on the sideline. I didn’t see one coach near them the entire game. Brinson, George, and Redding were completely out of it.

Ponce— this dude didn’t do one ducking thing all game long.

Mirabal— see above.

Beating a dead horse here, but this offense has much deeper issues going on then just the OC and talent. I can’t believe Gattis is worse then Enos. Are these guys just collecting free money and purposely failing? Gattis decisions certainly seem like that.

Defense:

I thought the coaches were engaged. There were some good adjustments made and defensive plays we built upon, but….

Clemson moved the ball without breaking a sweat with a trash can QB.

We definitely had some pre snap alignment issues that put us in a disadvantage from the jump and a few other hiccups, but overall the defense gave us a chance.

It’s time to move on from the James Williams experiment unless he cuts out the crap and learns how to tackle.

Jafari Harvey: WTF is this kid doing? Him and JW0 have the lowest IQ. I’ve seen Harvey do this multiple times through this career.

Not sure what the two defensive line coaches bring to the table…

Advertisement
Being only a few rows back from the Miami bench I saw a ton of disconnect, specifically the offensive side.

The WR group is a complete **** show on the sideline. I didn’t see one coach near them the entire game. Brinson, George, and Redding were completely out of it.

Mirabal— see above.

Beating a dead horse here, but this offense has much deeper issues going on then just the OC and talent. I can’t believe Gattis is worse then Enos. Are these guys just collecting free money and purposely failing? Gattis decisions certainly seem like that.

Defense:

I thought the coaches were engaged. There were some good adjustments made and defensive plays we built upon, but….

We definitely had some pre snap alignment issues that put us in a disadvantage from the jump and a few other hiccups, but overall the defense gave us a chance.

It’s time to move on from the James Williams experiment unless he cuts out the crap and learns how to tackle.

Jafari Harvey: WTF is this kid doing? Him and JW0 have the lowest IQ. I’ve seen Harvey do this multiple times through this career.

DL is one of top sack and TFL units in the country, with Mesidor and Taylor both have 10 or 10.5 TFL.

Harvey is having his best season of his Miami career.

Nyjalick Kelly has 4 sacks as a true freshman.

on defense one thing I've noticed that drives me nuts is when they motion the slot receiver and a lb/safety replaces the other one that guy is always out of position on his drop. there was one play in second half where k. Smith replaced and was woefully out of position.

I agree about the defense.

They played admirably in the second had but the turnovers obviously helped. The Kam FF was about to be a steamroll drive TD score for example.

There was one series in particular that was rough from an alignment standpoint.

Clemson had just stuffed us on 2nd and 1, 3rd and 1, and 4th and 1.

They got the ball and found themselves in a 3rd and 1.

Our pre snap alignment was the opposite of what Clemson used to defend us. They had us in numbers from the snap up front and no one even really pressing the action from the back end.

It was just an easy conversion on an apathetic alignment. After watching us struggle to get 1 yard so many times, it’s infuriating/embarrassing/baffling to watch our coaches send us out there like that.

And as often as we waste timeouts, those are often huge plays when we always play close games.

I think the D is getting maybe a little too much credit for yesterday, but when compared to the offense, I can understand why.

We don’t have the talent, but the coaches aren’t doing us any favors either.

Advertisement
on defense one thing I've noticed that drives me nuts is when they motion the slot receiver and a lb/safety replaces the other one that guy is always out of position on his drop. there was one play in second half where k. Smith replaced and was woefully out of position.
I saw the same thing. It was the Ukulele play where he gashed us for about 20 yards in the 4th quarter. Keontra just turned his back and started running away from the LOS. If he would have stayed there he would have at least been a roadblock for DJs run.

Remember when everyone questioned the hiring of WR coach and supporting o assistants without having an actual OC in place? I think Mario asked too much of the staff. Hire an O coach that can bring along some people he’s familiar with, not force feed him a staff. The staff had to familiarize themselves amongst themselves then had players having to do the same. Too many chiefs involved IMO. Too many variables besides just football was created that way.

Remember when everyone questioned the hiring of WR coach and supporting o assistants without having an actual OC in place? I think Mario asked too much of the staff. Hire an O coach that can bring along some people he’s familiar with, not force feed him a staff. The staff had to familiarize themselves amongst themselves then had players having to do the same. Too many chiefs involved IMO. Too many variables besides just football was created that way.

It was a fail, BUT we are talking about highly paid professionals that just accounted for less than 100 yards of offense in the 11th game of the season. Mario needed to force them to get over themselves after MTSU, but didn’t and likely couldn’t because he didn’t play to win at A&M and everyone was lost..

Advertisement

Mirabal— see above.

Defense:

Thanks for the info. Mirabal isn’t engaged with the OL?

Smith, I know, is engaged but we absolutely need a WRC bc that room has issues. Gattis also doesn’t strike me as a real engaging guy especially not like Rhett was. Get rid of ponce and Gattis and hire a new OC and allow him to bring in 2 coaches - one for WRC and the other as QBC.

The staff has too many disjointed parts and is not cohesive at all.

Mirabal— see above.

Defense:

I hear you , emptying feeling seeing it , I so glad finally.
Mario saw this at practice but you cannot force these children to do anything GEEZ his hand tied FOR NOW.
Soon they’ll be all gone for someone else to enable them .
Coach Mario did an impressive job trying to get these children to even show up but they had a free hotel room food airplanes ride OK WE’LL GO and enjoy the ride and nice accommodations why not attitude.

We had to run sandlot plays they couldn’t absorb anything complicated

I was raised with fierce warriors in the days of RINGS.

WE GOT NO LECHE except a very few , boy I feel for these kids BUT there perseverance will pay off very soon 🙌🙌🙌

Advertisement
We have a lot players logging snaps and not having and production. 12 and 0 play about 50 snaps a game and have no impact plays. 8 makes no plays and gets about the same amount. Then u have kids whining about playing time. Do you want playing time or do you want to make plays. 5, 0, 22 all had opportunities and did nothing. We have a team of guys that just want to be on the field and very few that want to make plays out there

Mirabal— see above.

Defense:

WRs have been disconnected all season. With exception of Colbie who got his motivation from Mario, they legit look worse than a pickup high school 7v7 team. The playcalling is atrocious and no tweaking what wrs run what routes is so frustrating. Does Gattis see Wes Welker in Colbie Young? Then why does he run the same routes he would run?

Gattis being in the box is so telling to me about his people/motivational/teaching/playcalling skills. Its not hard to do it on the sideline. Missing out on soooo much in the box. What I would do is be on the sideline and have an analyst let me know if they see something up in the box that I might have missed.

Advertisement
The defense seems very basic, possibly simplified to avoid mental mistakes. But I don’t understand why our DBs were playing off coverage inside the goal or short yardage situations allowing those slant.

We’re also terrible at covering the middle of the field. LBs are lost.

Was their ever a point where Rod Wright told the ends not to rush 15 yards upfield?

Advertisement
Back