Disconnect

Being only a few rows back from the Miami bench I saw a ton of disconnect, specifically the offensive side.

The WR group is a complete **** show on the sideline. I didn’t see one coach near them the entire game. Brinson, George, and Redding were completely out of it.

Ponce— this dude didn’t do one ducking thing all game long.

Mirabal— see above.

Beating a dead horse here, but this offense has much deeper issues going on then just the OC and talent. I can’t believe Gattis is worse then Enos. Are these guys just collecting free money and purposely failing? Gattis decisions certainly seem like that.

Defense:

I thought the coaches were engaged. There were some good adjustments made and defensive plays we built upon, but….

Clemson moved the ball without breaking a sweat with a trash can QB.

We definitely had some pre snap alignment issues that put us in a disadvantage from the jump and a few other hiccups, but overall the defense gave us a chance.

It’s time to move on from the James Williams experiment unless he cuts out the crap and learns how to tackle.

Jafari Harvey: WTF is this kid doing? Him and JW0 have the lowest IQ. I’ve seen Harvey do this multiple times through this career.

Not sure what the two defensive line coaches bring to the table…
I noticed the same thing with the offensive staff. It looked like Mirabal was off to the left of the team not interacting at all, which surprised me. I expected Ponce to be all over JB, but I didn’t catch him doing that at all. The energy between the 2 sidelines was night and day. Most of the team had poor body language and didn’t look like they really wanted to be there.

Advertisement
I think Mario, based on the way he answers questions is absolutely aware of the internal problems with players and coaches and above all the disgust of the fans. I don’t think he is surrounded by only yes men. I’m sure between him reed and zo they must be laughing their asses off thinking of how things have changed and no way 99% of these players would have seen the field in their day.

Being only a few rows back from the Miami bench I saw a ton of disconnect, specifically the offensive side.

The WR group is a complete **** show on the sideline. I didn’t see one coach near them the entire game. Brinson, George, and Redding were completely out of it.

Mirabal— see above.

Beating a dead horse here, but this offense has much deeper issues going on then just the OC and talent. I can’t believe Gattis is worse then Enos. Are these guys just collecting free money and purposely failing? Gattis decisions certainly seem like that.

Defense:

I thought the coaches were engaged. There were some good adjustments made and defensive plays we built upon, but….

We definitely had some pre snap alignment issues that put us in a disadvantage from the jump and a few other hiccups, but overall the defense gave us a chance.

It’s time to move on from the James Williams experiment unless he cuts out the crap and learns how to tackle.

Jafari Harvey: WTF is this kid doing? Him and JW0 have the lowest IQ. I’ve seen Harvey do this multiple times through this career.

Harvey was always a jag
A rotational guy at most
but many on cis do this all the time
They hype up jags all the time
It must be a defense mechanism to help them cope with missing on all the truly elite talent
Why is it so hard to call a miss a miss and stop hyping up jags

Yall are acting weird.... most people who are looking for another job check out. Let's be real if I know I don't like my working situation I'm looking for something else to do. This is no different in sports.
An an individual contributor? Claro….But in a leadership role? Every community is smaller than we might realize. It might be unrealistic but you gotta go hard until your last day or just fake your *** off. Though to your point, I had a mentor years ago that would immediately term folks once they gave their x weeks notice. “Let’s just make it today.” as he had minimal expectation that the person would give a F until their proposed last day of work.

Advertisement
Ponce I understand for reason you can speculate. Gattis was in the booth so there is nobody to coach the WRs, unless some GA or Analyst is doing that.

I’m surprised to hear that Mirabal wasn’t engaged. He was super involved on the sidelines during the GT game. Maybe you couldn’t see him? 😎

We have coaches checked out that know they’re gone. Same with players. It is what it is.

Any info on whether Feld or Mirabal are potentials? I'm not specifically questioning their abilities, but I feel it may be time for Mario to evolve as a HC and not remain married to anybody on staff.

If a new OC has his OL coach, he should get his preferred OL coach. That's the only way Mario is going to succeed.

Mirabal— see above.

Defense:

I guess Salave’a is our designated conduit to the Uso crowd which certainly has value. It was known that he wasn’t much of a recruiter though, no? I can’t remember. Now, re. Wright, isn’t he known as a good bagman on the trail. To your point, if he’s not providing that(or enhanced access to TX) then what is his value as I presume he’s not a technician(?). Does Taylor not want to be on field coach? Is he capable of teaching?

Advertisement
Thanks for the info. Mirabal isn’t engaged with the OL?

Smith, I know, is engaged but we absolutely need a WRC bc that room has issues. Gattis also doesn’t strike me as a real engaging guy especially not like Rhett was. Get rid of ponce and Gattis and hire a new OC and allow him to bring in 2 coaches - one for WRC and the other as QBC.

The staff has too many disjointed parts and is not cohesive at all.
Don’t have enough spots to hire all that. The oc will have to coach a position

Advertisement

Mirabal— see above.

Defense:

I'm sure you're not biased at all.

Advertisement
Why not Brian Hartline for OC? I know he hasn’t called plays before, but he’s been around dynamic offenses and he’s OSU’s passing game coordinator. Plus, he seems to be a tremendous recruiter.

He might not leave, but I think he’d be worth taking a shot at.

Honestly want to miss a bowl game this year to get the exodus started sooner.
If we somehow beat Pitt the bowl game we'd get is likely 3-4 weeks later before Xmas. I think that's more than enough time to at least **** can Gattis, Ponce, etc. Interviews can be set with all your prime candidates for after the bowl game. And in lots of cases an OC or two Mario wants may be coaching his team in an NY6 or playoff game so that's a factor too. But I wouldn't be upset with losing and getting an earlier beat on the search.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back