Disconnect

Being only a few rows back from the Miami bench I saw a ton of disconnect, specifically the offensive side.

The WR group is a complete **** show on the sideline. I didn’t see one coach near them the entire game. Brinson, George, and Redding were completely out of it.

Ponce— this dude didn’t do one ducking thing all game long.

Mirabal— see above.

Beating a dead horse here, but this offense has much deeper issues going on then just the OC and talent. I can’t believe Gattis is worse then Enos. Are these guys just collecting free money and purposely failing? Gattis decisions certainly seem like that.

Defense:

I thought the coaches were engaged. There were some good adjustments made and defensive plays we built upon, but….

Clemson moved the ball without breaking a sweat with a trash can QB.

We definitely had some pre snap alignment issues that put us in a disadvantage from the jump and a few other hiccups, but overall the defense gave us a chance.

It’s time to move on from the James Williams experiment unless he cuts out the crap and learns how to tackle.

Jafari Harvey: WTF is this kid doing? Him and JW0 have the lowest IQ. I’ve seen Harvey do this multiple times through this career.

Not sure what the two defensive line coaches bring to the table…

Thanks for the post and I’ve had the same thoughts on the DL coaches

If you remove the fact that Joe S played in the Nfl, strictly looking at his coaching resume he’s a jag

Advertisement
I think Mario, based on the way he answers questions is absolutely aware of the internal problems with players and coaches and above all the disgust of the fans. I don’t think he is surrounded by only yes men. I’m sure between him reed and zo they must be laughing their asses off thinking of how things have changed and no way 99% of these players would have seen the field in their day.
I don't think they are laughing. ESPN caught Zo and Ed Reed together on the sidelines and Zo's face was anything but amused.....

Advertisement
It was a fail, BUT we are talking about highly paid professionals that just accounted for less than 100 yards of offense in the 11th game of the season. Mario needed to force them to get over themselves after MTSU, but didn’t and likely couldn’t because he didn’t play to win at A&M and everyone was lost..

The cost of those extremely conservative decisions at A&M has been extremely high. An unrelenting determination to win has to be part of the culture of the program. As a coach, it's better to fail trying (and following the decision tree provided by Analytics) than send a message that "losing is ok as long as we keep it close." A&M has had a tough year. They were beatable. We settled for way too many FGs instead of throwing into the end zone. Those decisions have unquestionably had a ripple effect throughout the rest of the year.

So what we are saying is we have professional coaches “quiet quitting” on Mario, Super *******, hard ***, alpha of the alphas, Mario…. And we are all to be OK with him being OK with it…

Lord above…
when its the players, we call them soft. when its the coaches, we call them tough and adults. theyre kids all over Hecht including coaches. gattis is worse than a bitter ex girlfriend w how he handles himself.

Advertisement
We only have a few players that can execute the playbook and play D-I .

I don’t care if any HOF coach came to try and coach this mess same outcome.We only handle generic simple plays like turn give the ball to the guy behind you THAT IS IT or GO DOWN AND OUT I’LL THROW IT …. ON HIKE .. READY BREAK.

That’s about it fellas , believe it or not, that’s all we got .
lol you realize most college offenses are simple right. no one runs a complicated playbook anymore bc you dont have a lot of time w kids each week. it makes no sense to run something super complex. simple offenses work extremely well in CFB

Remember when everyone questioned the hiring of WR coach and supporting o assistants without having an actual OC in place? I think Mario asked too much of the staff. Hire an O coach that can bring along some people he’s familiar with, not force feed him a staff. The staff had to familiarize themselves amongst themselves then had players having to do the same. Too many chiefs involved IMO. Too many variables besides just football was created that way.
The OC is the WR coach.

We had to hire an OC who can’t coach quarterbacks so we’d have room for Mario’s BFF Ponce.

****can Gattis and Ponce and hire an actual OC who is also quarterback coach.

Advertisement
We need to create a minimum of two vacancies on the offensive staff. I firmly believe/know that’s already happened (just waiting for the season to end).

For the right candidate, I’d create one or two additional vacancies and let my new OC bring in ”his guys” (up to 4 slots) for continuity and cohesion.

With that said, no way I hire a first time OC. That means no Hartline, etc. We cannot afford for somebody to learn on the job. The hire must have an exciting offense that is predicated on space and pace and bring with him a proven record of success. It doesn’t have to be a P5 coordinator. Just somebody whose scheme has a record of success. Jason Candle at Toledo (I know he’s the head coach) would be great and he can bring Kevin Beard to coach WRs. Andrew Sowder at Kent State is another creative offensive mind that would do well here.

Last edited:
From what I heard...there were multiple OC interviews with OCs who wanted to bring in some of their guys, and Luigi passed....

Not only did he not want to allow OC's to bring in there own guys, he wanted to have an input on scheme so that the run game was front and center. Good luck getting any OC worth a **** being okay with the above.

Advertisement
We need to create a minimum of two vacancies on the offensive staff. I firmly believe/know that’s already happened (just waiting for the season to end).

For the right candidate, I’d create one or two more vacancies and let my new OC bring in ”his guys” (up to 4 slots) for continuity and cohesion.

With that said, no way I hire a first time OC. That means no Hartline, etc. We cannot afford for somebody to learn on the job. The hire must have an exciting offense that is predicated on space and pace and bring with him a proven record of success. It doesn’t have to be a P5 coordinator. Just somebody whose scheme has a record of success. Jason Candle at Kent State (I know he’s the head coach) would be great and he can bring Kevin Beard to coach WRs. Andrew Sowder at Kent State is another creative offensive mind that would do well here.
Flatline the entire offensive staff

Not only did he not want to allow OC's to bring in there own guys, he wanted to have an input on scheme so that the run game was front and center. Good luck getting any OC worth a **** being okay with the above.
I not only can't upvote this enough....but I believe this 100%...and was scared of this from jumpstreet. @RVACane we talked about this several times. @The Franchise you were right once again. You simply CANNOT come in with that "I played at UM....and I'm coming Home with not only a vengeance, but a My way or the Highway, closed mind BS"...What f-ing Good to Elite OC, (meaning they've been successful with coaches under them, and have developed relationships on and off the field) doesn't have people in mind, that he'd be ecstatic to have them come with him??..you'd think Mario would have been elated.....Luigi needs to remember where he came from in the coaching ranks...and how important it is to have a quality staff immediately....especially in today's game. GREAT staffs are priority #1...without that, you're dead in the water.

Seems like it's pretty simple, Mario needs to move on from the majority of the offensive staff. Fire Ponce and Gattis. Let Mirabal,Smith and Field come back and **** I'll be fine with keeping the entire defensive staff, I actually saw development from last year with them. On offense literally no one has improved! No way in **** can Mario justify this and if he doesn't move on from multiple offensive coaches then I'm out on Mario.

What's going to drive me crazy is when this guy takes months to hire an OC and folks on here try to justify the long drawn out process.
Nah.that's all over with.Mario has very few blind followers in the fan base at this point.The results on the field and his stubborn behavior/attitude has erased most fans faith in him.He better make good staff replacements and put a much better product on the field next season or just about everyone is going to be calling for his head even with 8 yrs left on his contract.

Advertisement
Back