Devaughn Mortimer, WR Dillard '22

Advertisement
You don’t think Stacey Coley was a good receiver for us? You would not offer a scholarship to the next Stacey Coley?
Stacy was an average WR here. Anybody trying to argue differently is living in an alternate universe.

Advertisement
He is second all-time in school history in receptions. Fifth all-time in yards.
You act like our records here mean something. Look at our records and compare to other teams. We benefited from having so much talent in the past that most were one and done and couldn’t shatter these records.

SMH

Y’all do this every year. Likens breeds NFL WRs. How also knows you don’t win with short, skinny WRs anymore. Check our previous WR depth chart for proof.
Ideally you want a 6’0+ WR, but the idea that small WR’s can’t be good or successful in college or pro’s has already been debunked.

Jerreth Sterns has 93rec 1,166yds & 11TD’s this season, he currently leads the nation in receptions, yards & TD’s.
He’s 5’9 195lbs. He was a 2-star coming out of HS down in TX & then a FCS grad transfer.

Deven Thompkins has 63rec 1,099yds & 6TD’s he’s 2nd in the nation in yards & 7th in receptions.
He’s 5’8 155lbs from Fort Meyers, he was a Bishop Verot/Dunbar kid coming out of HS.

I get your general point, but it’s case by case basis & system fit that matters more than pure size.

Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Brandin Cooks & Hollywood Brown are all top 15 in yards in the NFL & for your Dolphins Jaylen Waddle is tied for 9th in receptions, every one of them are 5’10 or shorter.

Advertisement
Ideally you want a 6’0+ WR, but the idea that small WR’s can’t be good or successful in college or pro’s has already been debunked.

Jerreth Sterns has 93rec 1,166yds & 11TD’s this season, he currently leads the nation in receptions, yards & TD’s, he’s 5’9 195lbs. He was a 2-star coming out of HS down in TX & then a FCS grad transfer.

Deven Thompkins has 63rec 1,099yds & 6TD’she’s 2nd in the nation in yards & 7th in receptions.
He’s 5’8 155lbs from Fort Meyers, he was a Bishop Verot/Dunbar kid coming out of HS.

I get your general point, but it’s case by case basis & system fit that matters more than pure size.

Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Brandin Cooks & Hollywood Brown are all top 15 in yards in the NFL & for your Dolphins Jaylen Waddle is tied for 9th in receptions, every one of them are 5’10 or shorter.
Hollywood Brown, Antonio Brown, John Brown, Isaiah McKenzie, TuTu Atwell.

This area produces a type and we aren’t getting enough of it.

And let’s not forget our huge problems at returner. Mortimer is one of the best in recent memory.

tell me you don't know football without telling me you don't know football- a history of posts by ZBrod
Lmao ok guy. I’m proven right about everything I talk about rather it be LB recruiting, our philosophy, scheme , and who we should be targeting but I always have to deal with a ****** like you because I don’t bump my posts.

@RVACane you ask me to chill but even though everybody knows i know what I’m talking about I gotta deal with **** like this.

Stacy was an average WR here. Anybody trying to argue differently is living in an alternate universe.

My guy frankly I do not care what they do in the league. I will take a Tutu here with his production at Louisville and have a mediocre or below average NFL career. Of course I want all Canes to be studs like Andre in both College and the NFL, but I am more concerned about the U than NFL.

And what do you mean by average? Dude is second in receptions behind only Wayne... he was ahead of Lamar Thomas, Santana Moss, TB, (also Irvin and Johnson but I wont include them because they only played 3 years, but the rest were 4 year guys),

Had the 3rd most receptions in a single season out of ANY player in UM history, and is 5th all time in yards and tied for 4th all time in TDS and 7th for single season.

Also ALWAYS showed up in big games and against FSU (back when they were good) 7/80/2 td; 7/139/1 td his final 2 years and these stats include his Soph season where I do not think he missed a game but was regularly nicked up and finished that season with only 23 catches for 184 yards. With even an average soph season dude is even higher in the record books.

Was he Andre/Wayne/Moss/Irvin? No. but I wouldn't call him average. Above average but not dominant like the names listed before.

Advertisement

Jerreth Sterns has 93rec 1,166yds & 11TD’s this season, he currently leads the nation in receptions, yards & TD’s.
He’s 5’9 195lbs. He was a 2-star coming out of HS down in TX & then a FCS grad transfer.

Deven Thompkins has 63rec 1,099yds & 6TD’s he’s 2nd in the nation in yards & 7th in receptions.

You’re talking about game changing talent with game changing speed. Where’s the game changing talent and speed with Mortimer?

Lmao ok guy. I’m proven right about everything I talk about rather it be LB recruiting, our philosophy, scheme , and who we should be targeting but I always have to deal with a ****** like you because I don’t bump my posts.

@RVACane you ask me to chill but even though everybody knows i know what I’m talking about I gotta deal with **** like this.
👀

Advertisement
All this back n forth, do we even have a shot here? Kid seems to be all FSU. Can't be a "miss" if the kid never wanted to come here in the first place.

I remember having a similar discussion around Brashard Smith around this time last year. A couple of you all thought he was too small and not a take and swore up and down that he was down the “board” (that always kills me). Well
that obviously turned out to be wrong. I guess you all haven’t learned your lesson by now that this is fluid and it changes by the minute. Mortimer can definitely play here, but we have much bigger needs IMO.

Advertisement
Back