Demetrius Is Gonna Be Special

Should Yearby redshirt? He would at FSU and probably should here but we need him so he will play. Same thing with Jackson

No he wouldn't. Yearby is a stud who was going make an impact day one anywhere he went. Can't compare to Jackson at all.

Advertisement
Should Yearby redshirt? He would at FSU and probably should here but we need him so he will play. Same thing with Jackson

No he wouldn't. Yearby is a stud who was going make an impact day one anywhere he went. Can't compare to Jackson at all.

No doubt a stud. I'm talking size which is the main reason people want Jackson to shirt. Is Jackson not a stud?

Jesus Christ.

So is your argument "This staff sucks at development so we should never redshirt anyone"?

Honest question. I am trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

I'm already on to the next coaching staff. If you think golden is going to do anything more than he has done already then you aren't watching the games. I'm not sure how many time I have to say I don't expect him to start but he should play if he can get the playbook down. Our d needs all the help it can get

If that is truly the case then logic dictates that you should want every single frosh red-shirted.

"Al should coach like his job is on the line. If he redshirts a stud he's an idiot"

Posted this on the 2nd page. Been saying all of this from Al and Dno's perspective the whole time. If he thinks he can redshirt potential difference makers he is delusional.

You're making a mistake thinking that just because a player is a 4-star he is ready, and able to contribute his freshman year. That isn't always the case. Especially for a player that plays defensive line and especially for one who's only been playing football for one year.

lot of ability there. I wish they would redshirt him, get him bigger and coach him up some.

I personally don't see him staying here 5 years so I could care less about if he gets a shirt or not. With a guy that talented, its sometimes strategically better to save the shirt in case of injury as its almost entirely wasted as a freshman.

No doubt a stud. I'm talking size which is the main reason people want Jackson to shirt. Is Jackson not a stud?

If you look at position, I hope Jackson redshirts because that will mean we got some production from guys we are counting on.

Advertisement

No, he's an intriguing prospect who has the raw ability to become a stud but right now no he isnt.

Advertisement
There's no doubt in anybody's mind that improved talent is needed dearly, and that D Jack will provide provide that in time. That said, he and most incoming freshman, regardless of star ranking should shirt. Especially along both lines, at QB, and when dealing with a "complex" defensive scheme. Stud freshman RB' and WR's have a better chance of early contribution in most cases. But IMO opinion, in a perfect world with solid depth, redshirt everyone possible.

You guys act like I expect him to be JPP day one. Our defense is the worst in Miamis history and we can't find ONE thing for this guy to do?? Not one?

If you look at position, I hope Jackson redshirts because that will mean we got some production from guys we are counting on.

Best case scenario.

Red shirts take care of themselves.
Ideally we should redshirt 80-90% of incoming freshmen.

These kids are all high school stars and expect to make a heavy impact immediately, but a strange thing occurs when the practices start.
Once the pads come on, incoming freshmen realize that they are no longer faster, stronger and more talented than everyone else on the field.
They are handed a play book that dwarfs the rudimentary sheets of paper that was their high school play book.
The speed in practice and the talent level becomes a rude awakening.
No longer can they dominate on sheer talent, because everyone is talented, and now everyone is also smarter and more experienced at football, and much more physically developed.

That's why you see 5 star studs playing only in blow outs or on special teams as freshmen, if they play at all.
Oftentimes it takes a year to develop physically, and most importantly, mentally.

Advertisement
So is your argument "This staff sucks at development so we should never redshirt anyone"?

Honest question. I am trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

I'm already on to the next coaching staff. If you think golden is going to do anything more than he has done already then you aren't watching the games. I'm not sure how many time I have to say I don't expect him to start but he should play if he can get the playbook down. Our d needs all the help it can get

If that is truly the case then logic dictates that you should want every single frosh red-shirted.

"Al should coach like his job is on the line. If he redshirts a stud he's an idiot"

Posted this on the 2nd page. Been saying all of this from Al and Dno's perspective the whole time. If he thinks he can redshirt potential difference makers he is delusional.

You're making a mistake thinking that just because a player is a 4-star he is ready, and able to contribute his freshman year. That isn't always the case. Especially for a player that plays defensive line and especially for one who's only been playing football for one year.

I completely agree and if we fielded even a competent D he should shirt. Clearly I am the only one tired of watching the woat D. If he can make one first down saving tackle play his ***. That's where I'm at with this D

why do people think that redshirt year is like magic or something?

people expect redshirted players to go through major development like grow a few inches, gain twenty pounds of muscle, and shave half a second from their 40s

why do people think that redshirt year is like magic or something?

people expect redshirted players to go through major development like grow a few inches, gain twenty pounds of muscle, and shave half a second from their 40s

Many of them do. Just not as hyperbolic as you make it out to be.

Advertisement
Al should coach like his job is on the line. If he redshirts a stud he's an idiot

Stop, your telling me this kid is ready? Fans are being idiots if they actually believe that.

If he can help us average less than 500 yards per game then play his ***. Some of you act like we are fielding FSU's D next year.

If we don't start redshirting guys that need it we never will have a roster to rival FSU.

Like FSU's Kelvin Benjamin, Devonta Freeman, James Wilder Jr and Timmy Jernigan that are skipping their senior season and enter the 2014 NFL draft? Just like FSU's Xavier Rhodes, Menelik Watson and Bjoern Werner that skipping their senior season and enter the 2013 NFL draft?

If they can help you win them play them since they will learn more in those games than they will red shirted on the Scout team. If they can't help you win then Red Shirt them. If Demetrius Is Gonna Be Special he won't stick around for five years when they can make money playing in the NFL.

Last edited:
Al should coach like his job is on the line. If he redshirts a stud he's an idiot

Stop, your telling me this kid is ready? Fans are being idiots if they actually believe that.

If he can help us average less than 500 yards per game then play his ***. Some of you act like we are fielding FSU's D next year.

If we don't start redshirting guys that need it we never will have a roster to rival FSU.

Like FSU's Kelvin Benjamin, Devonta Freeman, James Wilder Jr and Timmy Jernigan that are skipping their senior season and enter the 2014 NFL draft? Just like FSU's Xavier Rhodes, Menelik Watson and Bjoern Werner that skipping their senior season and enter the 2013 NFL draft?

If they can help you win them play them since they will learn more in those games than they will red shirted on the Scout team. If they can't help you win then Red Shirt them. If Demetrius Is Gonna Be Special he won't stick around for five years when they can make money playing in the NFL.

Cherry picked examples are just that...Cherry picked.

You guys act like I expect him to be JPP day one. Our defense is the worst in Miamis history and we can't find ONE thing for this guy to do?? Not one?

What is he gonna do?

He can't play the run.

And he can't be a situational pass rusher cause that's McCord and AQM's role.

So when and where do you put his skinny, undeveloped, no-technique-having *** at?

What is he gonna do?

He can't play the run.

And he can't be a situational pass rusher cause that's McCord and AQM's role.

So when and where do you put his skinny, undeveloped, no-technique-having *** at?

You put him on the practice squad and let him bulk and learn the game much like T. McCord should have.

Advertisement
Back