Demetrius Is Gonna Be Special

That literally has nothing to do with beating FSU.

Wow you are just missing the point completely. Nobodies on about us thinking we're going have an FSU D this season but to get as much depth as them and such Redshirts are needed. Its laughable only Miami fans would believe Jackson is going leave early if he redshirts.

Advertisement
That literally has nothing to do with beating FSU.

Wow you are just missing the point completely. Nobodies on about us thinking we're going have an FSU D this season but to get as much depth as them and such Redshirts are needed. Its laughable only Miami fans would believe Jackson is going leave early if he redshirts.

He is going to be here 4 years and 4 years only if he is as good as money and Pete say he is. I'd rather have him learn on the job than sit on the sidelines and waive a towel. It's not like he is going to be eating and lifting while the rest of the team plays games. Get him experience and bulk him up in the offseason. Literally nothing to lose by having him play in some capacity. If he cant get the play book then redshirt him. If he can help on special teams then you play him. No brainer.

Pete isn't a scout and doesn't know the future. Jackson is raw as ****. Y'all ***** and whine about kids not getting a RS and only playing 5 minutes of game time all season and that's basically what you'd see out of Jackson. Then next season you'll be saying how he should have been RS.

A lot of people in here are fooling themselves if they think Jackson is ready to help us next season.

This kid needs a redshirt in the worst way the same way McCord needed one his freshman season.

Advertisement
A lot of people in here are fooling themselves if they think Jackson is ready to help us next season.

This kid needs a redshirt in the worst way the same way McCord needed one his freshman season.

And you don't think McCord experience helped him his sophomore year? Who was the last kid we shirted that actually benefitted from it? Now quickly name one player on our roster who became a player after Redshirting? Dallas Crawford?? Golden doesnt recruit well enough to redshirt potential impact players. I think Demetrius is skinny as **** but so was Gabe terry and Figueroa and grace. Even Jamal carter. Golden likely won't be here to see Jackson's last year as a hurricane anyway. Play his *** somewhere it doesn't have to be a starting d spot

And you don't think McCord experience helped him his sophomore year? Who was the last kid we shirted that actually benefitted from it? Now quickly name one player on our roster who became a player after Redshirting? Dallas Crawford?? Golden doesnt recruit well enough to redshirt potential impact players. I think Demetrius is skinny as **** but so was Gabe terry and Figueroa and grace. Even Jamal carter. Golden likely won't be here to see Jackson's last year as a hurricane anyway. Play his *** somewhere it doesn't have to be a starting d spot

You've crossed the Rubicon.

There literally isn't a single impact player on our team who has redshirted and been a player for us. Maybe Olsen. Rashawn Scott? Golden cant even spell chess let alone play it

No I don't think McCord's experience helped him. He only played like 10 snaps a game this season.

And what kind of stupid argument is it that that you can't name a player that benefited from redshirting at Miami? Redshirting is something that all successful programs do. Freshmen shouldn't be relied upon. Just because our last couple of coaches were ****** at developing players doesn't mean redshirts are a negative.

Terry, Figueroa and Grace all had minimal impacts in years they should have redshirted. I believe their development was actually stunted by being forced to play before they were physically and mentally ready. And what about Jamal Carter? He didn't do **** for us this season.

If a kid is ready to play then I have no issue with him playing his freshman season. I don't think Jackson is ready to help us at all this season. He's an extremely raw football player that needs to be coached up before he can help us.

Advertisement

No I don't think McCord's experience helped him. He only played like 10 snaps a game this season.

And what kind of stupid argument is it that that you can't name a player that benefited from redshirting at Miami? Redshirting is something that all successful programs do. Freshmen shouldn't be relied upon. Just because our last couple of coaches were ****ty at developing players doesn't mean redshirts are a negative.

Terry, Figueroa and Grace all had minimal impacts in years they should have redshirted. I believe their development was actually stunted by being forced to play before they were physically and mentally ready. And what about Jamal Carter? He didn't do **** for us this season.

If a kid is ready to play then I have no issue with him playing his freshman season. I don't think Jackson is ready to help us at all this season. He's an extremely raw football player that needs to be coached up before he can help us.

Lol

Literally nothing to lose by having him play in some capacity.

Actually you end up taking snaps away from other younger players like AQM, Chad (who is physically more ready to play and contribute than Demetrius) that would benefit and improve the team more.
Demetrius has Red Shirt written all over him.

Advertisement
FSU redshirted Ponder, Manuel and Winston. All first round QBs.

Jesus Christ.

So is your argument "This staff sucks at development so we should never redshirt anyone"?

Honest question. I am trying to figure out what you are trying to say.

I'm already on to the next coaching staff. If you think golden is going to do anything more than he has done already then you aren't watching the games. I'm not sure how many time I have to say I don't expect him to start but he should play if he can get the playbook down. Our d needs all the help it can get

Jesus Christ.

So is your argument "This staff sucks at development so we should never redshirt anyone"?

I'm already on to the next coaching staff. If you think golden is going to do anything more than he has done already then you aren't watching the games. I'm not sure how many time I have to say I don't expect him to start but he should play if he can get the playbook down. Our d needs all the help it can get

If that is truly the case then logic dictates that you should want every single frosh red-shirted.

Advertisement

Jesus Christ.

If that is truly the case then logic dictates that you should want every single frosh red-shirted.

"Al should coach like his job is on the line. If he redshirts a stud he's an idiot"

Posted this on the 2nd page. Been saying all of this from Al and Dno's perspective the whole time. If he thinks he can redshirt potential difference makers he is delusional.

Should Yearby redshirt? He would at FSU and probably should here but we need him so he will play. Same thing with Jackson

AG has not done well managing the roster. Quite pathetic actually. Guys like Carter Burns Figs Grace Standish Elder Gus should have all redshirted.

AG has not done well managing the roster. Quite pathetic actually. Guys like Carter Burns Figs Grace Standish Elder Gus should have all redshirted.

Yep. And after 4 years we are still forced to play players that aren't ready because we cant hold anyone under 500 yards

Advertisement
Back