DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered - Part II (& Commits to LSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Kids commit to schools more so than coaches. LSU has been winning for the last decade compared to Miami. Its a combination of school tradition, prestige and than who is the coach. Our tradition is base on what happened 10+ plus years ago, these kids don't have any memory of that era. Til we start winning and in the ACC ship game regularly we are never gonna get the pick of the litter.

3 commits on board in July but no one show the slightest hint of concern bc the mob will jump on you and hit you with the "recruiting is fluid" and "recruiting isn't for the weak" lines lol.

I'm glad we got Rodgers, idc about Ibieta, but this June/July has been wak af. I guess we have a sh1tload of "silent commits" 🤫 lol.

3 commits on board in July but no one show the slightest hint of concern bc the mob will jump on you and hit you with the "recruiting is fluid" and "recruiting isn't for the weak" lines lol.

I'm glad we got Rodgers, idc about Ibieta, but this June/July has been wak af. I guess we have a sh1tload of "silent commits" 🤫 lol.
Its a win/win no? Manny ***** the bed and he's gone, or he has a killer year and pulls in the 'wait and sees'... Cant blame the top talent for being skeptical.

Advertisement
Someone send that to FL Fish and Wild Game. Those aren’t 20” to the fork. Perhaps we can point this out so that he spends some good money back in the state of Florida for fines. That’s the least that we could do for him for being a total *** clown.
lol if it was in the gulf, no min. but that many likely Atlantic side unless he got into a little school but also LOL at him wearing a fighting belt for reeling in a mahi the size of a flipflop...

Nobody is panicking because our depth chart is stacked right now. I already talked about WR and LB, i really dont see us needing anything more than 1 for each unit. QB is set with Brown. RB we have 4 underclassmen, we might grab a project later. DL is stacked with 12 coming back, we only need 2 here.

In reality, we would be just fine with 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 WR, 3 OL, 2 DL, 1 LB, 3 CB, 2 safety/striker, and 1 punter. Then add in a few portal guys as needed to get to 21-22 which appears to be our max limit.

Advertisement
Noticed how Tolan talked about Orgeron.You always want your headcoach to be the killer/closer recruiter on your team.When Butch was here he had great assistants but he was the closer.Diaz needs bigtime help from his staff because he sucks at it.Now Bucth was a SB winning DC and had won a NC here too.Maybe Diaz just needs to win something and kids will start looking up to him too,at least I hope so.

Can anyone explain why LB is such a big need for Miami? We essentially run only 2 LBs, the SLB is now a DB in our system with its own deep depth chart of players.

We dont need 3 LBs to go with Flagg, Brooks, Cave, Huff, Johnson, Troutman, and Smith. That would be 10 bodies for only 2 spots (and this is assuming that Jennings and Steed are gone after 21, they still have eligibility to come back in 22).

Maybe the coaches feel the same way, which is why the board is so small (Tolan, Jackson, and Bissainthe). Maybe they'll be fine with just taking 1 and maybe a portal LB for 2022 if we have enough ICs.

Possibly the best first post I have ever read on this site.

Advertisement
I am not sure how our performance vs VT impacts our performance vs UNC or vice versa. Both games count the same towards our division, Manny is paid the same, and we also had defensive struggles against Louisville, Clemson, and NC State. All I am saying is I do not think better CB play will mask the deficiencies of our LBs if we don't play with gap integrity, proper alignment, tweak the scheme, and coach up our LBs to know where they are supposed to go.

I hear what you are saying that those games just happen, but we also have seen similar problems for a couple of years now and those warning signs were not really attended to. We watched McCloud and Pinckney run themselves out of plays for years without it being fixed. They need to start hitting on LB recruits, developing them, and putting them in positions to succeed.

Of course a coach is supposed to get his team ready to play every game like it's the national championship. Very, very few coaches manage to pull that off. What I'm looking at is whether there is a schematic issue or a personnel issue (or both). If I see a game where Miami shuts down a top offense but then the next game gets gashed by a lesser ranked offense, I can deduce that the players are inherently capable of playing good defense (since they demonstrated that before) but there was a schematic breakdown and/or a motivation issue. Of course, you have to take into consideration the same for the opponent. Maybe they were having an off game and it was more their lack of execution than what Miami did. I think VT was playing at a high level but Miami just played a better game.

I agree with warning signs. That being said, Diaz clearly saw the signs as well and hired T-Will to help fix the LB issues. People seem to forget that or think it was just idle speculation. Diaz offered him the job and he accepted. Unfortunately he took a DC job after getting the Miami LB coach job. Good for him, bad luck for Diaz (and us).

So then Diaz went and got one of TAMUs best recruiters as his plan B. Unfortunately the guy didn't land Tolan, but im not going write Aristide off and say he was a bust hire based on a 4 month snapshot. He may be key in landing a couple other top tier LBs. We'll see.

We also know that Diaz was very unhappy with how Baker was calling the defense. I think the best defense Diaz had was 2018. The most a team scored during the regular season was 33 points (LSU) . Only one team in the entire regular season scored more than 27! If you'd paired that defense with Lashlees offense that is 100% a playoff caliber team. Think about it- all the offense had to do was score 28 PPG (which is basically nothing nowadays- would be the 64th ranked offense) and Miami is 11-1. I'm glad that Diaz brought in Shoop, I think he's going to be a big help in making the defense be more consistent.

I keep hearing about adjustments and changes , we'll see. I do expect more man but I'm intrigued to see what's changed with the dl scheme.
I doubt much will change with the DL scheme. LT fits exactly what Diaz has done up front since he's been here.

Advertisement
**** Blake Baker selling these recruits some real gumbo BS. Talking about the LSU education after football.

LSU is the 153rd ranked university in the country by US News, that is 100+ spots below Miami (#49) in academic rankings but his family is on national TV talking about the value of an LSU education after football!

I tried to tell ya'll that Dr Phillips HS shops their players big time. But nooo I was crazy.

Go Canes
He hasnt even played a snap at DP. DP head coach just did what alot of south fla coaches are doing taking pics with kids commitiing to pretend they are developing them. I’m not saying what u are saying isnt true I am just saying I dont think this one is on DP.

Noticed how Tolan talked about Orgeron.You always want your headcoach to be the killer/closer recruiter on your team.When Butch was here he had great assistants but he was the closer.Diaz needs bigtime help from his staff because he sucks at it.Now Bucth was a SB winning DC and had won a NC here too.Maybe Diaz just needs to win something and kids will start looking up to him too,at least I hope so.
Diaz has set many records

I doubt much will change with the DL scheme. LT fits exactly what Diaz has done up front since he's been here.
The year we played Fla he was less aggressive , we played a little less chaotic that season. I remember listening to a podcast where They broke it all down, they said the Wisconsin game opened his eyes and he was being more conservative with the dl. I’m not sure but I believe that was one of his better run defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back