DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered - Part II (& Commits to LSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Noticed how Tolan talked about Orgeron.You always want your headcoach to be the killer/closer recruiter on your team.When Butch was here he had great assistants but he was the closer.Diaz needs bigtime help from his staff because he sucks at it.Now Bucth was a SB winning DC and had won a NC here too.Maybe Diaz just needs to win something and kids will start looking up to him too,at least I hope so.
Winning will help. Im not sure if Diaz has the right personality for recruiting. Do you guys think he has an alpha personality like Butch or Jimmy? Even Mark Richt to a certain extent. You could talk to those guys for just a few mins and want to follow. Natural born leaders

Where are you seeing this?
B437C855-88D5-4FC2-ACF0-CC087E4B6598.png

Advertisement
We need a real LB coach. See CB’s. Night and day. I don’t **** on our young Canes, but the coaching staff is fair game and Patke apparently has the personality of a door stop. The HC needs to recognize this and upgrade immediately. We need bug personalities, that’s what made this program.

Go Canes!

Not only do we miss on these guys, we’ve already burned our officials on them too. Wonderful.
A top lb isn’t coming here to have no help from the dl. our scheme isn’t set up for the dl to take on blocks to help our lbs.

Advertisement
We need a real LB coach. See CB’s. Night and day. I don’t **** on our young Canes, but the coaching staff is fair game and Patke apparently has the personality of a door stop. The HC needs to recognize this and upgrade immediately. We need bug personalities, that’s what made this program.

Go Canes!
The HC did upgrade him. Then that guy immediately got a DC gig.

This would not be an issue if T Will was here, like he was supposed to be.

The HC did upgrade him. Then that guy immediately got a DC gig.

This would not be an issue if T Will was here, like he was supposed to be.

But he’s not and we’re still left with a sap like Patke. Like I said the guy from TAMU is a good start, but the other guy is dead weight. You gonna say our special teams are good now? When’s the last time we blocked a punt/kick or returned one? Go ahead I’ll wait..,

Go Canes!

But he’s not and we’re still left with a sap like Patke. Like I said the guy from TAMU is a good start, but the other guy is dead weight. You gonna say our special teams are good now? When’s the last time we blocked a punt/kick or returned one? Go ahead I’ll wait..,

Go Canes!
Sorry going off memory..... but didn't Bolden block a kick in the clemson gMe...just answering ....I hate pathetic too

Advertisement
I’ve always known and called out patty cake for the Pop Warner coach that he is, but got called out by all the Lombardi’s on here that he is a great technician and an up and comer. HE SUX just like I said. Can’t recruit a hooker to a whorehouse. Our special teams are ****. I could coach the Aussie gang member so save me that **** just like I could’ve coached that 2001 squad with a blindfold on. We ain’t had a LB coach here since Goldie ran Barrow off.

Advertisement

Go Canes!
They blocked three FG’s against Clemson last year.

******* Christ; does anyone here even watch the games?

I know some people have credited the development of Gilbert last year to Patke. Obviously ST was much improved last year despite what some people are saying here. So is Patke a good coach? Idk maybe. He's definitely not elite though.

For me, it's more about moving this program along and getting to the next level. For DBs, we went from Banda/Rumph to TRob/DVD. For LBs, we went from Baker to TWill (unfortunately didn't last). For DL, we went from Stroud to Jess.

Ish was a rushed hire made out of necessity. Maybe he develops and owns recruiting while Patke owns development. Too early to tell. Patke will probably have a good career but if there's an opportunity to upgrade...you upgrade. And my guess is we'll have an opportunity to upgrade heading into next season.

I know some people have credited the development of Gilbert last year to Patke. Obviously ST was much improved last year despite what some people are saying here. So is Patke a good coach? Idk maybe. He's definitely not elite though.

For me, it's more about moving this program along and getting to the next level. For DBs, we went from Banda/Rumph to TRob/DVD. For LBs, we went from Baker to TWill (unfortunately didn't last). For DL, we went from Stroud to Jess.

Ish was a rushed hire made out of necessity. Maybe he develops and owns recruiting while Patke owns development. Too early to tell. Patke will probably have a good career but if there's an opportunity to upgrade...you upgrade. And my guess is we'll have an opportunity to upgrade heading into next season.
That's my big thing from all of this. Losing TWill really screwed us for LB recruiting this year. By all accounts we were in it for some top tier LB recruits before he left. People are underestimating how big of a blow that was to us.

They blocked three FG’s against Clemson last year.

******* Christ; does anyone here even watch the games?
You're right. I was blinded by anger over what I thought was a ridiculous deletion of a post by TM26 so I just wanted to take it out on one of the Mods. Either way, our Special teams have lacked for several years. Probably not all on Patke, but he wears the title of Special teams coach. If there isn't improvement maybe Shoop will go from an analyst or whatever he is to Special teams /LB coach. That's an upgrade IMO. Carry on...

Go Canes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back