DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered - Part II (& Commits to LSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Patke’s résumé (or lack there of) is what holds him back most. He’s an extremely positive and easy going dude and knows the second level of the defense well.

Unfortunately, it’s very easy to negatively recruit against our linebacker output in its own right.

Then add in that our 2 LB coaches are both former GA’s with no track record, and it becomes even easier.

Last edited:
I know people dont actually want to look at facts here these days, but Manny did get the guy he wanted and then got ****ed its business and happens. he will find someone next year if he can

Yup. The coaching carousel giveth, and it taketh away.
It's not over yet, but I suspect LB recruiting likely would've been more favorable if we could have kept TWill through signing day 2022.

I know people dont actually want to look at facts here these days, but Manny did get the guy he wanted and then got ****ed its business and happens. he will find someone next year if he can
Patke belongs being a high paid analyst. Everyone raves about his knowledge. I want to keep that in the program forsure. Recruiting wise, he doesn’t seem to have it.... especially not at Miami.

I keep hearing about adjustments and changes , we'll see. I do expect more man but I'm intrigued to see what's changed with the dl scheme.
This year is going to be like Christmas morning.....
Sneak Plotting GIF by Jarritos

Advertisement
You're right. I was blinded by anger over what I thought was a ridiculous deletion of a post by TM26 so I just wanted to take it out on one of the Mods. Either way, our Special teams have lacked for several years. Probably not all on Patke, but he wears the title of Special teams coach. If there isn't improvement maybe Shoop will go from an analyst or whatever he is to Special teams /LB coach. That's an upgrade IMO. Carry on...

Go Canes!
Dont think shoop has ever coached LBs. He is a DB coach

Advertisement
On a positive note the staff seems to be identifying top targets.
I think all the issues have been well documented here from scheme to coaching. I believe you will see Manny get exposed again this year against good teams and we will end up with scraps at Lb

unless Brooks gets healthy and along with Smith light it up we are in for more disappointments at the Lb spot.

Advertisement
You're right. I was blinded by anger over what I thought was a ridiculous deletion of a post by TM26 so I just wanted to take it out on one of the Mods. Either way, our Special teams have lacked for several years. Probably not all on Patke, but he wears the title of Special teams coach. If there isn't improvement maybe Shoop will go from an analyst or whatever he is to Special teams /LB coach. That's an upgrade IMO. Carry on...

Go Canes!
Granted dabo tried the field goal before halftime from Guam

I doubt much will change with the DL scheme. LT fits exactly what Diaz has done up front since he's been here.
It’s definitely going to change. Stroudd runs it different from Simpson. Simpson is way more aggressive and better against the run

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back