DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered - Part II (& Commits to LSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Of course a coach is supposed to get his team ready to play every game like it's the national championship. Very, very few coaches manage to pull that off. What I'm looking at is whether there is a schematic issue or a personnel issue (or both). If I see a game where Miami shuts down a top offense but then the next game gets gashed by a lesser ranked offense, I can deduce that the players are inherently capable of playing good defense (since they demonstrated that before) but there was a schematic breakdown and/or a motivation issue. Of course, you have to take into consideration the same for the opponent. Maybe they were having an off game and it was more their lack of execution than what Miami did. I think VT was playing at a high level but Miami just played a better game.

I agree with warning signs. That being said, Diaz clearly saw the signs as well and hired T-Will to help fix the LB issues. People seem to forget that or think it was just idle speculation. Diaz offered him the job and he accepted. Unfortunately he took a DC job after getting the Miami LB coach job. Good for him, bad luck for Diaz (and us).

So then Diaz went and got one of TAMUs best recruiters as his plan B. Unfortunately the guy didn't land Tolan, but im not going write Aristide off and say he was a bust hire based on a 4 month snapshot. He may be key in landing a couple other top tier LBs. We'll see.

We also know that Diaz was very unhappy with how Baker was calling the defense. I think the best defense Diaz had was 2018. The most a team scored during the regular season was 33 points (LSU) . Only one team in the entire regular season scored more than 27! If you'd paired that defense with Lashlees offense that is 100% a playoff caliber team. Think about it- all the offense had to do was score 28 PPG (which is basically nothing nowadays- would be the 64th ranked offense) and Miami is 11-1. I'm glad that Diaz brought in Shoop, I think he's going to be a big help in making the defense be more consistent.
Agree across the board. Manny has so far proven to be pretty good at identifying weaknesses from the prior season and correcting them in the offseason. Here’s to hoping the changes work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
(((((Clearing throat)))))

What did I say? Did u see his last statement.

Smh.

You mean “Coach O is a smart person”

SMH is absolutely correct.

I’ll put a a stack down that is the first time in the history of the world another human being has been quoted saying that.

SMH indeed!

I guess one offseason didn't make Patke into a better recruiter

Who would have guessed it!
I wonder what excuse people will come up with this year for him. No Banda or Rumph to blame. Will they start blaming Manny for holding him back?

Our LB situation needs to be addressed years ago. A DL can only do so much without a good LB corps. Come on Manny, you gotta bring in a top shelf LB coach and recruiter. This is a glaring shortfall and one teams will look to exploit.

Advertisement
Baker is recruiting from a position of power now, after looking like a goofball here.

Coley couldn't recruit for sh*t while here & had god**** ALIN EDOUARD lined up as our QB recruit, but looks like Urban Meyer at UGA & Texas A&M
Because its the school, not him! Al Golden would have a top 5 class at LSU. Coach O is not a top 10 coach but he is coaching at a top 10 school which makes look even better. Perception is reality when it comes to kids.

Advertisement
Wait alot of you were locked in that an Orlando Kid was a lock to us...??

I never had this kid coming here...and i treat the Orlando area similar to how we use to treat Duval...Its not cane country at all and no ones a given.
Facts

Is Tolan a mlb? If not idc…Manny keeps missing on qbs of the defense with elite athletic traits…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back