DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered - Part II (& Commits to LSU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I think Manny needs to sit down with the Defensive recruiting staff and seriously evaluate the way they have been recruiting LBs, because it has not been working. I mean look at the True LB recruits the last few years

2021 Tyler Johnson and Deshawn Troutman - Low 3 Stars

2020 Tirek Cave and Corey Flagg - low 3 Stars

2019 Avery Huff 4 star and Sam Brooks low 3 star

During this Time we have missed on countless LB recruits and we refuse to hit the portal for one.

Are these LB recruits, seriously Miami caliber guys? Are these NFL Caliber LBs?
You want manny to sit down with himself and discuss things with himself. That’s the issue lol

Advertisement

doing big balls GIF

Advertisement
In a way, I get it. We complain about dead weight on the roster and its a good way to avoid that while adapting to the times. It also seems like the portal isn't going to slow down at any point in the future. I worry more about 1) the culture, 2) you really need to hit at a higher clip in the portal since some of those guys will be upperclassmen and you may be relying on them to come in to start (i.e. no Tommy Kennedy repeats), and 3) you can't totally predict who will wind up leaving their current schools.
Thats the thing....we dont predict if you get my drift.

Kids are jumping in the portal ...AFTER hollering at schools they are interested in.

We are portal/transfer kings and thats the only reason why i havent panic yet with this class.

Interesting comments on the commitment:

"If you want me to be honest, it's a home away from home," Tolan told 247Sports when asked about his decision to play for Ed Orgeron and the Tigers. "I just feel like I can be me out there. I feel like I can be the greatest man that I can be and that I can be the greatest football player that I can be."

"This is all I have ever wanted to do – play on the biggest stage," Tolan quickly added.

"I know that is LSU is a great place and I know that Coach O is a great coach," Tolan noted. "That's why I'm going to LSU. Coach O is smart. He knows what he's doing. He just needs the players to do what he did two years ago when they won [a national title]."
LMAO, I thought Coach O always has good players. Maybe Coach O is an idiot and can’t coach kids. Flash in the pan with Joe Brady lighting teams up. Coach O can go cover up more sexual assaults.

No worries if he picks LSU he'll learn real quick how bad Baker is.. Specially once our new and approved D stops Bama in game one lead by Manny.
Idk man, Baker i
Interesting comments on the commitment:

"If you want me to be honest, it's a home away from home," Tolan told 247Sports when asked about his decision to play for Ed Orgeron and the Tigers. "I just feel like I can be me out there. I feel like I can be the greatest man that I can be and that I can be the greatest football player that I can be."

"This is all I have ever wanted to do – play on the biggest stage," Tolan quickly added.

"I know that is LSU is a great place and I know that Coach O is a great coach," Tolan noted. "That's why I'm going to LSU. Coach O is smart. He knows what he's doing. He just needs the players to do what he did two years ago when they won [a national title]."
Well that was a shot in the gut

Advertisement
After seeing our linebackers get washed, fill incorrect holes, abandon anchor points, and generally just get beat to the edge how can anyone sit here and tell me LB isn’t a problem because of our base? Maybe we can cover it up with some scheme adjustments, which seems like the route we want to go. The 4-2-5 is our base now, but those two linebackers are pretty **** important. If I’m an OC, I’m running stretch zone and delayed counter trap all day every day until we prove we can do something on it

SINCE MANNY has been here that stretch zone is there for the take for 5-7 yds a pop...these are facts.
We are outschemed just based off of alignment.

Im actually shocked not much teams other than UNC really just dont attack us like this....

the defensive scheme is entirely dependent on getting you behind the sticks and YOU messing up....its reactory not really forcing the issue.

Wait alot of you were locked in that an Orlando Kid was a lock to us...??

I never had this kid coming here...and i treat the Orlando area similar to how we use to treat Duval...Its not cane country at all and no ones a given.

Advertisement
SINCE MANNY has been here that stretch zone is there for the take for 5-7 yds a pop...these are facts.
We are outschemed just based off of alignment.

Im actually shocked not much teams other than UNC really just dont attack us like this....

the defensive scheme is entirely dependent on getting you behind the sticks and YOU messing up....its reactory not really forcing the issue.
my hope is that with Shoop and some new heads around he can retool his scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back