DB Justin Hodges decommits

Name one elite SF DB he has convienced to play for him...............I'll wait.

Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Frierson, Williams and Couch are all 4-Star corners who have committed to him from 2017-19.

If not landing a 5-star to come to a slightly above average ACC product is a failure then fire everyone now.

Advertisement
Bandy, Ivey, Blades, Frierson, Williams and Couch are all 4-Star corners who have committed to him from 2017-19.

If not landing a 5-star to come to a slightly above average ACC product is a failure then fire everyone now.
How about failure to sign any 5 star that he coached in high scool (which was why he got the job)?

Advertisement

Ivey didn't look like a 4* then and doesn't now...

Frierson wasn't a corner in high school, wasn't listed under corner by services I don't believe...He was tried at corner, but most of us never really considered him sticking there. HE's now a striker. Couch was borderline 3/4(I don't care about rankings), did he end up a 4*? I like him and think he will be solid #3 at worse. But ya the picture isn't as clear as you are making it, especially when you consider all that was available in Sofla for him year to year (obviously this year is weak at top with "4*" types, so you prob don't expect much, but it's still deep top to bottom for him to find the right underrated kids, I personally think he had one with hodges and he couldn't hold on to him)

Last edited:
Ivins and others really questioning that. Said today he was not forced out.

Well that’s what they are going to say..

Think of it this way.. The kid looks good to other schools by “decommitting” and Miami doesn’t look bad by dropping a kid.

The coaches probably didn’t come out and say you are going to be dropped. They probably said something like you should take some visits or maybe even went as far said you can’t sign in December. Kid got the message and decommitted.

Think of it this way.. The kid looks good to other schools by “decommitting” and Miami doesn’t look bad by dropping a kid.

The coaches probably didn’t come out and say you are going to be dropped. They probably said something like you should take some visits or maybe even went as far said you can’t sign in December. Kid got the message and decommitted.

No not all the time...Ivins says quite a bit when a kid is no longer being pursued, mutual parting, etc, etc.

Advertisement

lol ivins on his pod said hodges saw the writing on the wall and left bc he knew he wouldn't play here. he also said p5 coaches were telling him that they expected hodges to get dropped or leave bc he wasnt nearly close to miami caliber

also there are some posters talking bout chaney -- ivins said chaney would be coming to UM regardless of the coach. no worries there.

How about failure to sign any 5 star that he coached in high scool (which was why he got the job)?

saying that’s why he got the job is empty conjecture. How stupid would it be of anyone to hire any coach to get two players. You hire a coach because they fit your system and can coach, if not this team has bigger issues and Manny would have fired him by now.

Those guys went to two better programs. For sure. And he got a bunch of other blue chip dudes. Harping on it isn’t necessary.

saying that’s why he got the job is empty conjecture. How stupid would it be of anyone to hire any coach to get two players. You hire a coach because they fit your system and can coach, if not this team has bigger issues and Manny would have fired him by now.

Those guys went to two better programs. For sure. And he got a bunch of other blue chip dudes. Harping on it isn’t necessary.

2 kids??. Heritage was/is loaded to the brims and was good to richt at uga...hence he got the job. He should of been offered a GA job or soemthing similar to what DVD is doing before moving up to actual coach. It was a move for recruits that didnt pan out..because he didnt have the pull they thought fromt he recruiting front.

He learned/is learning on the job and is getting better though.

2 kids??. Heritage was/is loaded to the brims and was good to richt at uga...hence he got the job. He should of been offered a GA job or soemthing similar to what DVD is doing before moving up to actual coach. It was a move for recruits that didnt pan out..because he didnt have the pull they thought fromt he recruiting front.

He learned/is learning on the job and is getting better though.

to me, as long as he can produce on the field w the guys he has and begins or continues to improve recruiting wise, im okay with it. look UGA is a FAR better program than miami with and without richt (going by recent history -- past 15 years). miami will always lose those battles to UGA, Bama, CLemson etc for the elite of the elite kids (esp UGA given how much they spend on recruiting). if you guys are looking for a program that is going to out recruit the blue blood CFB schools (Bama, Clem, UGA, OSU, etc) then miami isnt the program for you. we need to develop the kids we get (well always get some elite kids bc were miami and some kids will stay home) and have good coaching.

Advertisement
No not all the time...Ivins says quite a bit when a kid is no longer being pursued, mutual parting, etc, etc.

ivins on his pod literally said hodges saw the writing on the wall and everyone expected him to get dropped late in the cycle. he made the first move by having a self realization that he will never see the field here. good on the kid for figuring out where he fits best given his talent level. miami will not go after him

This kid is Randy Bethel without speed. Looks like a FAMU Bethune Cookman fight toll the end

to me, as long as he can produce on the field w the guys he has and begins or continues to improve recruiting wise, im okay with it. look UGA is a FAR better program than miami with and without richt (going by recent history -- past 15 years). miami will always lose those battles to UGA, Bama, CLemson etc for the elite of the elite kids (esp UGA given how much they spend on recruiting). if you guys are looking for a program that is going to out recruit the blue blood CFB schools (Bama, Clem, UGA, OSU, etc) then miami isnt the program for you. we need to develop the kids we get (well always get some elite kids bc were miami and some kids will stay home) and have good coaching.

I think there needs to be some clarity on what do you mean by “elite.” If you’re referring to the 5 star recruits then yes. We never got that but we always brought in guys with similar talent they just wasn’t highly heralded like the 5 star guys. But guys like Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, etc we’re elite talent. We never just brought in mediocre talent then “poof” they became studs. We have to do a better job recruiting. This is the slowest our secondary ever looked. I don’t care if you’re a 5 star. If you’re running a 4.7/4.8 at corner you’re too slow. If the guys we brought in weren’t 5 stars in the past they were elite athletes who could play ball at an elite level.

Advertisement
I think there needs to be some clarity on what do you mean by “elite.” If you’re referring to the 5 star recruits then yes. We never got that but we always brought in guys with similar talent they just wasn’t highly heralded like the 5 star guys. But guys like Santana Moss, Andre Johnson, Clinton Portis, Ed Reed, etc we’re elite talent. We never just brought in mediocre talent then “poof” they became studs. We have to do a better job recruiting. This is the slowest our secondary ever looked. I don’t care if you’re a 5 star. If you’re running a 4.7/4.8 at corner you’re too slow. If the guys we brought in weren’t 5 stars in the past they were elite athletes who could play ball at an elite level.

You're right, but as a point of clarification, Andre Johnson was a 5-star and one of the most coveted players in the nation. He dominated HS football. His film is off the charts amazing.

You're right, but as a point of clarification, Andre Johnson was a 5-star and one of the most coveted players in the nation. He dominated HS football. His film is off the charts amazing.

Yea you’re right. I believe Reggie Wayne was a parade all American and wasn’t McGahee a top recruit as well? Anyway we got talent. If guys weren’t 5 star recruits they were still elite ball players.

Yea you’re right. I believe Reggie Wayne was a parade all American and wasn’t McGahee a top recruit as well? Anyway we got talent. If guys weren’t 5 star recruits they were still elite ball players.
Correct. Although what is rather amazing is that even in the non-probation years, F$U consistently had class after class more highly regarded than ours.

Correct. Although what is rather amazing is that even in the non-probation years, F$U consistently had class after class more highly regarded than ours.

They had the paper soldiers but we had the real thing haha. Can’t really say that because they went top 5 for 15 straight years. But it goes back to we were getting ballers who could play regardless of the stars. Now some of these kids are just camp warriors.

Advertisement
Back