DB Justin Hodges decommits

Then it is pure stupidity to take his commitment and pure stupidity isn't the move either. Staff wonders why they have problems locally and would do that (And yes I know that isn't the only prob locally...ie gotta win, kids themselves are ********, no bags, etc)

And for the record I don't think that's what happened here. Kid is basically being a moron and recommitted.

it happens all over. ivisn mentioned this. if a kid commits, theyre almsot forced to take it bc if they dont, the kid is ****ed that he wasnt allowed to commmit. if they do take it, they either leave or get dropped, then the kid is ****ed regardless. iif they dont offer, the kid is ****ed that we didnt offer till later. theres no win win wth these kids

Advertisement
Plus we need to stop assuming that all slot corners need to be small. You could have a 6'0+ slot corner. In fact, Al Blades would probably be a very good one. I hate how we automatically attribute the position to small guys. You play small guys in the slot because they're too small to play outside but not because that position calls for a small guy.
X100

it happens all over. ivisn mentioned this. if a kid commits, theyre almsot forced to take it bc if they dont, the kid is ****ed that he wasnt allowed to commmit.

Nope we read 10-20 years they put kids on hold or have others in front of them after wanting them to commit...But they chose to accept Hodges.

That’s a fair point particularly in regards to Branch’s future position. I suppose I’m in the “we need more athletes at DB” camp.

And while I’m of the belief that it’s bad practice to avoid going after a kid when you like him because you might have someone of the same mold in the fold next year, Robert Simmons (Class is ‘21) out of Jacksonville just asked the staff for an offer.

@reg Have you seen Simmons this year?

Edit: Phrasing
I have not seen him yet. He has a big game coming up on Thursday against Trinity Christian Academy, which is a very good program here in Jacksonville. I am going to that game and then hitting I-95 to head down to Miami for the G-Tech game.

I can provide some cliff notes from his game.

Advertisement
I don’t know what’s SMH. The staff wanted him and lost him. Even if fans didn’t want him in the first place, it’s bad the staff can’t hold onto a low 3 star with little interest from big programs.
Do we know for sure why he decommitted? Did he want to or did he get dropped? We can't just assume we "lost" him. And obviously my statement is aimed at everyone who hated when we took his commitment in the first place. This should be great news to them.

Go look at the LSU game then lets talk.
Do I need to remind you that we gave up lots against UNC and VT, two teams that would pay to watch LSU play.............The fact remains that he is a below average recruiter in an area where quality DBs actually grow on trees. I would be glad to see him move on.

db.jpg

Do I need to remind you that we gave up lots against UNC and VT, two teams that would pay to watch LSU play.............The fact remains that he is a below average recruiter in an area where quality DBs actually grow on trees. I would be glad to see him move on.
OK passing yards givin up against UNC 292, VT 216!!!! What the **** you are talking about. Go look at the games. The Linebackers are the one who sucked. You are just making things up now.

Advertisement
Then it is pure stupidity to take his commitment and pure stupidity isn't the move either. Staff wonders why they have problems locally and would do that (And yes I know that isn't the only prob locally...ie gotta win, kids themselves are ********, no bags, etc)

And for the record I don't think that's what happened here. Kid is basically being a moron and recommitted.
Everyone does it though all over the country.

OK passing yards givin up against UNC 292, VT 216!!!! What the **** you are talking about. Go look at the games. The Linebackers are the one who sucked. You are just making things up now.
Our team is currently ranked 60th in passing yards allowed and that was after our best game of the year.......................and we played two teams that have won almost no games in the past 2 years. So, please leave now and troll FSU's board.

Our team is currently ranked 60th in passing yards allowed and that was after our best game of the year.......................and we played two teams that have won almost no games in the past 2 years. So, please leave now and troll FSU's board.
Good job move the goal post! Now you want to talk about losses. Rumph is a good coach and an OK recruiter. You seem like the FSU troll.

Advertisement
Florida State, has more highly recruited DB's and they are ranked 115!!!!!! Give me coaching vs recruiting ranks.

California, Texas and more recently Georgia have pretty fertile backyards too. Their teams still do it.

Dumb post by you.

Totally, totally, different...I am talking about a 3 county area you goof, and most importantly the Miami-Lauderdale metropolitan area ...Not the whole state.

And I imagine the programs you are comparing us to right now are the "top programs" in those states right? Compare them to UM right now and go from there...as a starting point.

Advertisement
we do not need a slot corner to replace bandy this cycle. We already have Couch in the fold.

Already lost our db w/ ball skills (Francois) doubt we replace him with one as good. I’m a fan of Clarke’s aggressiveness and athletic profile. Also played on both sides of the ball

I've been on record as saying Couch is the 2nd best corner we've signed in the last 2 years (behind Blades). He has the traits to play inside but I haven't seen it yet. I know he can play outside with his length and timing.

He would still be a starter here. You're delusional if you think he isnt better than anything we have. He cant tackle but he's a better corner than anyone on our roster at this point.

I was with you until you said "He cant tackle". This staff has made it very clear that this scheme is based on CBs who can tackle. If you can't tackle, you wont play here. They aren't going to make an exception for CJ Henderson. So he actually wouldn't start here. Now whether that's an indictment on our scheme or CJ is another argument.

I like this kid man. I ****kng hate decommitts but if they have something better i guess you have to make that move.

Advertisement
Back