they dropped him...
Ivins and others really questioning that. Said today he was not forced out.
they dropped him...
X100Plus we need to stop assuming that all slot corners need to be small. You could have a 6'0+ slot corner. In fact, Al Blades would probably be a very good one. I hate how we automatically attribute the position to small guys. You play small guys in the slot because they're too small to play outside but not because that position calls for a small guy.
it happens all over. ivisn mentioned this. if a kid commits, theyre almsot forced to take it bc if they dont, the kid is ****ed that he wasnt allowed to commmit.
I have not seen him yet. He has a big game coming up on Thursday against Trinity Christian Academy, which is a very good program here in Jacksonville. I am going to that game and then hitting I-95 to head down to Miami for the G-Tech game.That’s a fair point particularly in regards to Branch’s future position. I suppose I’m in the “we need more athletes at DB” camp.
And while I’m of the belief that it’s bad practice to avoid going after a kid when you like him because you might have someone of the same mold in the fold next year, Robert Simmons (Class is ‘21) out of Jacksonville just asked the staff for an offer.
![]()
Robert Simmons, Sandalwood , Cornerback
Robert Simmons is a 5-9, 160-pound Cornerback from Jacksonville, FL.247sports.com
@reg Have you seen Simmons this year?
Edit: Phrasing
Do we know for sure why he decommitted? Did he want to or did he get dropped? We can't just assume we "lost" him. And obviously my statement is aimed at everyone who hated when we took his commitment in the first place. This should be great news to them.I don’t know what’s SMH. The staff wanted him and lost him. Even if fans didn’t want him in the first place, it’s bad the staff can’t hold onto a low 3 star with little interest from big programs.
Do I need to remind you that we gave up lots against UNC and VT, two teams that would pay to watch LSU play.............The fact remains that he is a below average recruiter in an area where quality DBs actually grow on trees. I would be glad to see him move on.Go look at the LSU game then lets talk.
OK passing yards givin up against UNC 292, VT 216!!!! What the **** you are talking about. Go look at the games. The Linebackers are the one who sucked. You are just making things up now.Do I need to remind you that we gave up lots against UNC and VT, two teams that would pay to watch LSU play.............The fact remains that he is a below average recruiter in an area where quality DBs actually grow on trees. I would be glad to see him move on.
Everyone does it though all over the country.Then it is pure stupidity to take his commitment and pure stupidity isn't the move either. Staff wonders why they have problems locally and would do that (And yes I know that isn't the only prob locally...ie gotta win, kids themselves are ********, no bags, etc)
And for the record I don't think that's what happened here. Kid is basically being a moron and recommitted.
Our team is currently ranked 60th in passing yards allowed and that was after our best game of the year.......................and we played two teams that have won almost no games in the past 2 years. So, please leave now and troll FSU's board.OK passing yards givin up against UNC 292, VT 216!!!! What the **** you are talking about. Go look at the games. The Linebackers are the one who sucked. You are just making things up now.
Good job move the goal post! Now you want to talk about losses. Rumph is a good coach and an OK recruiter. You seem like the FSU troll.Our team is currently ranked 60th in passing yards allowed and that was after our best game of the year.......................and we played two teams that have won almost no games in the past 2 years. So, please leave now and troll FSU's board.
Everyone does it though all over the country.
Florida State, has more highly recruited DB's and they are ranked 115!!!!!! Give me coaching vs recruiting ranks.Our team is currently ranked 60th in passing yards allowed and that was after our best game of the year.......................and we played two teams that have won almost no games in the past 2 years. So, please leave now and troll FSU's board.
California, Texas and more recently Georgia have pretty fertile backyards too. Their teams still do it.Ehhh...That's a real exaggeration. And there's more at stake for us trying to regain our backyard, the best backyard in the country
Dumb post by you.
California, Texas and more recently Georgia have pretty fertile backyards too. Their teams still do it.
Dumb post by you.
we do not need a slot corner to replace bandy this cycle. We already have Couch in the fold.
Already lost our db w/ ball skills (Francois) doubt we replace him with one as good. I’m a fan of Clarke’s aggressiveness and athletic profile. Also played on both sides of the ball
He would still be a starter here. You're delusional if you think he isnt better than anything we have. He cant tackle but he's a better corner than anyone on our roster at this point.
Disagree on friersonivey was a puzzling take. He was dirt slow in HS. Never understood the take. Frierson hasn’t shown much either
Name one elite SF DB he has convienced to play for him...............I'll wait.