Damarius Good

Will be similar to Nigel Bethel: a long term project with skills to impact on special teams earlier.

And apparently Bethel got more touches this week practicing KR than he ever has and just flies.
Bethel is going to be an absolute gamer by his 3rd year. Feel like he'll have a Deejay role where they just try to get the ball in his hands

Advertisement
What? Are you serious?
Yeah man. His mom (single mom) has 5 kids. They were living in and out of motels and different places. I guess they finally got settled when Demarius hit high school. Like I said, he's just the kind of kid you root for, plus hes got A+ speed. Hopefully he ends up being a stud for us. I like Jadon Davis, but to me his upside is a little better than Malek Young. The staff is really banking on Rumph's ability to "coach 'em up," so hopefully Rumph has a master plan, we'll know soon enough.

Advertisement
He is a project for sure but I think you take one of these guys every other year who just has elite physical ability and no real position. I can recall a certain future-HOF kick returner that had a similar type of skillset coming out of HS.

Anyone know if Good has return experience?

Last edited:
Hof type cb? Slow down lol..

Absolutely. The first step to Elite CB play is insane athleticism. Good has it and thus unlimited potential. Who knows if he can put it all together, he may be a bust. It does not change the fact he's got the potential to be amazing.

He is not limited from size, nor is his potential limited from speed.

Give me athletes.

No it's not..it's playing with great technique and leverage.

Which doesn't mean much if you're small or slow.

Give me athletes and coach em up.

We can do a chicken or the egg argument, but if a kid isn't a great athlete he's at a disadvantage. That's not something he can ever overcome.

Advertisement

We can do a chicken or the egg argument, but if a kid isn't a great athlete he's at a disadvantage. That's not something he can ever overcome.
Ronde barber begs to differ

Will be similar to Nigel Bethel: a long term project with skills to impact on special teams earlier.

And apparently Bethel got more touches this week practicing KR than he ever has and just flies.

I’ve heard a few SFla wide receivers in interviews say Bethel was the best wr they covered down there. Kid is a really good athlete with wheels , has good upside on either side of the ball.

Good does too.

Advertisement

Being an athlete goes without saying...you have to be an athlete order to succeed in sports so again...that has nothing to do with being an elite cb.

Being a great athlete at the cb spot doesn't give you an advantage over a average athlete at cb that has great technique and leverage...period.

Being an athlete goes without saying...you have to be an athlete order to succeed in sports so again...that has nothing to do with being an elite cb.

Being a great athlete at the cb spot doesn't give you an advantage over a average athlete at cb that has great technique and leverage...period.

Tee, I fear you may have spent too many hours sitting in recruiting discussions with Mark D'Onofrio.

But leverage and technique can be coached. You can’t coach size and speed. Plus he’s aggressive.

A good example would be Tracy Howard v. Chris Henderson. Howard had good technique but average size and speed. Henderson was a track star/running back who was raw on defense. Henderson is turning out to be the better corner.

Now, a lot of athletes never pick it up. Rumph is putting it on himself to develop this kid. Let’s see how it plays out.

Advertisement

Yea u need athletes big fast and strong then coach there *** up

But leverage and technique can be coached. You can’t coach size and speed. Plus he’s aggressive.

A good example would be Tracy Howard v. Chris Henderson. Howard had good technique but average size and speed. Henderson was a track star/running back who was raw on defense. Henderson is turning out to be the better corner.

Now, a lot of athletes never pick it up. Rumph is putting it on himself to coach the guy up. Let’s see how it plays out.
FACTS

This is why you need a legit dbs coach. Athletes like Good don't grow on trees but **** good athletes come around a lot and fail due to coaching but physically Good has elite upside. Now can Rumph with lets say 2 years make him an NFL prospect? We'll see but if he does then nobody better say fire Rumph again

Advertisement
Back