Damarius Good

Advertisement
But leverage and technique can be coached. You can’t coach size and speed. Plus he’s aggressive.

A good example would be Tracy Howard v. Chris Henderson. Howard had good technique but average size and speed. Henderson was a track star/running back who was raw on defense. Henderson is turning out to be the better corner.

Now, a lot of athletes never pick it up. Rumph is putting it on himself to develop this kid. Let’s see how it plays out.
But leverage and technique can be coached. You can’t coach size and speed. Plus he’s aggressive.

A good example would be Tracy Howard v. Chris Henderson. Howard had good technique but average size and speed. Henderson was a track star/running back who was raw on defense. Henderson is turning out to be the better corner.

Now, a lot of athletes never pick it up. Rumph is putting it on himself to develop this kid. Let’s see how it plays out.

Great points but there are examples that go the other way too.

I never made a preference, I’m saying that being a great athlete guarantee success at the cb spot or give you an advantage.

Lastly..of course leverage & technique can be coached. Who has 3-5 years to teach to someone that appears to be very raw at the position? Imho it’s easier to coach up that aspect with a kid that’s actually played the position.

My .02 cents

Last edited:
Ole Sammy has collected 34 mil in his playing days, ill say this statement is accurate

Who was the better college player? I'd take Brandon Harris every day over Sam Shields in college. It doesn't do us much good to take projects and have them ultimately flourish in the pros if it's going to take them 4-5 years to get to where they need to be.

I don't have anything against Damarius Good and am fine with the take. But I don't think Harris vs. Shields is a good example.

Advertisement
Who was the better college player? I'd take Brandon Harris every day over Sam Shields in college. It doesn't do us much good to take projects and have them ultimately flourish in the pros if it's going to take them 4-5 years to get to where they need to be.

I don't have anything against Damarius Good and am fine with the take. But I don't think Harris vs. Shields is a good example.

Brandon Harris definetly the better college player, no argument there, but who had the better last year. But yes, as a Canes fan, Harris was the better college player. But
If SS was a CB as a freshman who would have the better carrer?

Brandon Harris definetly the better college player, no argument there, but who had the better last year. But yes, as a Canes fan, Harris was the better college player. But
If SS was a CB as a freshman who would have the better carrer?
Idk sam shields senior year he was locked down..career wise BH but Sams Sr year was as good as Brandon was here

Advertisement
Devin Hester
Marcus Maxey

how’d these supreme athletes fare at cb?

It’s a fair point. To me, this corner group needs some pure speed. That’s why I don’t mind upside guys like Good and Bethel.

As long as they have the right mindset, I’m cool with developing them. Good likes contact which is hard to coach.

I’d have a mug shot if so but unfortunately I haven’t.

You still beating his meat?

Hey, hey, hey. I was having a little fun. Talking about beating D'O's meat is going to far, lol. ... Besides, it would be impossible. He has a ******.

Harris but I think Shields would have been better if he had more time at CB.

Advertisement
It’s a fair point. To me, this corner group needs some pure speed. That’s why I don’t mind upside guys like Good and Bethel.

As long as they have the right mindset, I’m cool with developing them. Good likes contact which is hard to coach.

Truth. Can’t disagree with any point you’ve made.

I really Like our class of dbs tools wise but here’s my concerns:
Couch needs weight badly
Smith plays linebacker right now
Good doesn’t play corner
Brownlee I got no clue. How’s he been playing this year?

This is why we need a Tyrique or dent to come here. Someone who’s college ready and can dominate

Advertisement

Didn’t shields spend his first years at UM as a WR?

He is a much better CB than Harris. Staff just didn’t see it.

Janoris Jenkins is a good case study at CB, because he wasn’t a sick athlete. Good enough, enough size and was a great cb. Jaquan is like that at S.

I really Like our class of dbs tools wise but here’s my concerns:
Couch needs weight badly
Smith plays linebacker right now
Good doesn’t play corner
Brownlee I got no clue. How’s he been playing this year?

This is why we need a Tyrique or dent to come here. Someone who’s college ready and can dominate

I agree on the latter as we need TS. I don't think Dent's coming here though, I think Bama or UGA.

Couch - Not worried about his weight. We saw what our freshman looked like come summer (those that EE'd), and I think Couch puts on some weight that allows him to see some time in the rotation.

Smith - He'll likely be a safety here and I don't see a problem with that transition.

Good - Great athlete. But he's going to red-shirt.

Brownlee - He's been solid this year. But he's not going to be someone that's taking snaps from any of our returners. He'll likely see significant playing time come his sophmore year depending how he develops.

Advertisement
Back