Damarius Good

Advertisement
I think he's a take unless we get back in the game for an Elam, Battle or Dixon or somehow get Rique. Him and Nunn seem to be very similar type guys and they'll both be in the class if we don't end up getting one of the guys above.

A DB class of Couch, Smith, Brownlee, Good and Nunn is a super athletic class but misses on "star power".

I think he's a take unless we get back in the game for an Elam, Battle or Dixon or somehow get Rique. Him and Nunn seem to be very similar type guys and they'll both be in the class if we don't end up getting one of the guys above.

A DB class of Couch, Smith, Brownlee, Good and Nunn is a super athletic class but misses on "star power".

Great athletes on that list there. Love the way the staff is recruiting the athletes first and foremost. Get the athletes and coach em up is how The U dominated CFB.

Folks need to keep this approach in mind regarding Rumph. This is exactly how he produced all those 5* CB's at Heritage. Get in great athletes and coach them up....

Last edited:
So I see many here are already conceding in the Tyrique Stevenson recruitment. I'm not going to make a big stink about it. If we miss on Stevenson the program goes on. I still think it's a bad look and speaks volumes of the corruption infesting major college football.

I have seen the highlights and he is an athlete on that field. Bring him in like they did Dallas and find him a position later. That boy is Good!

Advertisement
Great athletes on that list there. Love the way the staff is recruiting the athletes first and foremost. Get the athletes and coach em up is how The U dominated CFB.

Folks need to keep this approach in mind regarding Rumph. This is exactly how he produced all those 5* CB's at Heritage. Get in great athletes and coach them up....
Staff has done well to take multiple dbs each year and squeeze everything out of them as far as production. You could see the plan when they brought in Delaney and Dean. They wanted the luxury of bringing in athletes that could redshirt and develop, and start that trend going forward. 2018 class was a plus in that you have a pair that could start if necessary and added talent behind that.

I understand you guys wanting players with star power. But we talking about high school kids. I do believe the highly rated guys a lot of the times end up being great players. But I'm not sure how much more of the time they end up being stars than 3 star players. Plus another factor into the equation is, you're talking Florida football. A lot of the players here are underrated. I like the big names too don't get me wrong. But half the time those players have already reached their full potential.

Gentlemen, I promise that I will keep tabs on Good's progress this fall, as he goes to my (former) high school and is coached by a guy that I played football with from Pop Warner onward.

Give the kid a chance to develop before passing judgement. The coaches saw something, and if Good doesn't make the transition, I'm sure that there will be an honest conversation.

First game (home), Friday 8/24 at 7 pm, against Hagerty. All the games will be very near to where I live, except for Winter Haven and Osceola.

Advertisement
Gentlemen, I promise that I will keep tabs on Good's progress this fall, as he goes to my (former) high school and is coached by a guy that I played football with from Pop Warner onward.

Give the kid a chance to develop before passing judgement. The coaches saw something, and if Good doesn't make the transition, I'm sure that there will be an honest conversation.

First game (home), Friday 8/24 at 7 pm, against Hagerty. All the games will be very near to where I live, except for Winter Haven and Osceola.

you went to lake brantley? I did too what year you graduate?

How’s the competition he will be facing? And is he planning on playing CB and RB this year? That’s a big load for a guy who played mainly RB last year.

How’s the competition he will be facing? And is he planning on playing CB and RB this year? That’s a big load for a guy who played mainly RB last year.

Orlando-area competition is very good, though not as tough as Dade/Broward. LBHS is in Seminole County, one of the smallest (by size) counties in the state, so the size of our high schools is enormous. Because of the Florida rules, you tend to see the biggest Miami area HS play the biggest Orlando area HS in the state title game (a few years ago, LBHS played the Jacory-led MNW team).

I checked the LBHS roster, and right now Good is listed at both CB and QB. Now, I don't know if he will actually play QB as much (or at all), but if he does, I know David Delfiacco, and he has almost exclusively played a running QB type at Brantley, either as HC or OC (Lake Brantley has always been a running team, under 3 different head coaches since the 1980s, and has never developed anywhere near an Elite 11 QB who can throw the ball well). Just for contrast, Hagerty HS (LBHS's first 2018 opponent) produced Jeff Driskel, who is currently on the Bengals' roster.

I am hoping, given Good's UM offer at CB, that he will be used exclusively on defense, that he can focus on CB, and that he doesn't have to split his time and attention at either QB or RB.

Advertisement
I understand you guys wanting players with star power. But we talking about high school kids. I do believe the highly rated guys a lot of the times end up being great players. But I'm not sure how much more of the time they end up being stars than 3 star players. Plus another factor into the equation is, you're talking Florida football. A lot of the players here are underrated. I like the big names too don't get me wrong. But half the time those players have already reached their full potential.
NFL each year has many 3 stars that excelled in college that are drafted.

Advertisement
There are 12,000 kids that play high school football each year. Out of those 12,000 there are 30 or so which are 5 stars and 300 or so that are 4 stars. That leaves 11,650 that are 3 stars, 2 stars or UR. Yeah, there are going to be 3 stars and less that will exceed original rankings. What you need to look at is the percentage of them that are drafted. It's literally tenths of a percentage.

The whole D.Good being pushed out movement is starting to remind me of the "Malik wont be our starter this year"crowd. Just a narrative that I dont see becoming reality

No he's getting pushed out if Nun, MAR, and Battle want in.

Orlando-area competition is very good, though not as tough as Dade/Broward. LBHS is in Seminole County, one of the smallest (by size) counties in the state, so the size of our high schools is enormous. Because of the Florida rules, you tend to see the biggest Miami area HS play the biggest Orlando area HS in the state title game (a few years ago, LBHS played the Jacory-led MNW team).

I checked the LBHS roster, and right now Good is listed at both CB and QB. Now, I don't know if he will actually play QB as much (or at all), but if he does, I know David Delfiacco, and he has almost exclusively played a running QB type at Brantley, either as HC or OC (Lake Brantley has always been a running team, under 3 different head coaches since the 1980s, and has never developed anywhere near an Elite 11 QB who can throw the ball well). Just for contrast, Hagerty HS (LBHS's first 2018 opponent) produced Jeff Driskel, who is currently on the Bengals' roster.

I am hoping, given Good's UM offer at CB, that he will be used exclusively on defense, that he can focus on CB, and that he doesn't have to split his time and attention at either QB or RB.

Im from the area too. I went to Oviedo. I will just say this is pretty much a spot on post.

Advertisement
Back