Damarius Good

When he runs reminds me of AR’s film. People would say he looked slow while he was running past dudes. Smooth and efficient.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good's highlights against Hagerty

Ive bren saying for years that we need a playmaker scholarship for kids with elite speed and agility who you just find a spot for and this kid may be it this year. He's not just fast he doesn't miss a stride even if he runs side to side i mean that can't be taught

If you can coach then you can take a guy with his athleticism and toughness and make him a very good DB

This kid has a far better chance to be a first round pick than Couch. Good reminds me of Morris Claiborne in high school. Tall fast raw and playing offense

Advertisement
Ahhhhh,....this ⭐⭐⭐⭐ vs. ⭐⭐⭐ CB debate really never gets old,...does it?

bc there are more 3 stars than 4 stars and 5 stars combined.

Since 3 stars and below are the ones that usually get rejected by fans of top programs,.... and since a 3 star is essentially given to any kid with a pulse,...I agree with putting them vs. the 4 and 5s to be fair.

So from Days 1 & 2 of the 2018 NFL Draft,...and CBs as far as Rivals was concerned:

4 & 5 Stars:
Donte Jackson (2nd Rd)​
Duke Dawson (2nd Rd)​
Carlton Davis (2nd Rd)​
Rashaan Gaulden (3rd Rd)​

2 & 3 Stars:
Denzel Ward (#4 Overall)​
Jaire Alexander (#18 Overall)​
Mike Hughes (#30 Overall)​
Josh Jackson (2nd Rd) (⭐⭐)​
MJ Stewart (2nd Rd)​
Isaiah Oliver (2nd Rd)​
Isaac Yiadom (3rd Rd)​

Tidbits:

1) The first 5 corners selected in the NFL Draft were 3 and 2 stars. Late 2nd rd. is when 4 stars started coming off the board.

2) These corners are all from the 2014/2015 years in which Rivals averaged 31 4star+ CBs per class.

3) Even so,...if you were 1 of the 12 CBs taken in Rounds 1-3,....you were about twice as likely a corner rated below Rivals 4 and 5 star corners.

So speaking on averages -- because that's all this really is -- if you wanna be one of the Top 3-Round corners,....then I'm sure being one of the 4 out of 30+ or so corners that Rivals deems as fit is I guess cool and all,...but it's far, far away from a guarantee of legit success @ the collegiate level.

IMO,...if you wan't to see the answer to the discrepancy as a matter of there being "so many more 3s than 4s".....then these systems have you right where they want you.

For me,... 4 out of 31 is far too low of an average to lose my mind over and I end up right back where I started,...which is having to trust that my team is scouting and signing the correct kids that can be developed. Given the area we get to recruit from, either I trust them or I dont trust them.

Last edited:
I agree4 & 5 Stars:
Donte Jackson (2nd Rd)​
Duke Dawson (2nd Rd)​
Carlton Davis (2nd Rd)​
Rashaan Gaulden (3rd Rd)​

2 & 3 Stars:
Denzel Ward (#4 Overall)​
Jaire Alexander (#18 Overall)​
Mike Hughes (#30 Overall)​
Josh Jackson (2nd Rd) (⭐⭐)​
MJ Stewart (2nd Rd)​
Duke Dawson (2nd Rd)​
Isaiah Oliver (2nd Rd)​
Isaac Yiadom (3rd Rd​
You have duke Dawson twice and Denzel ward was a 4 star

You have duke Dawson twice

Corrected,....thanks....

and Denzel ward was a 4 star

I'm sure they'll make as many late "corrections" as they can...but Denzel Ward was in their system as a 3 star as recently as....right now.
Screenshot (58).png

Advertisement
I could go on 247 and show you different but don’t feel like posting it so you got it

No no,...what I'm saying is I used Rivals as an example because we can only discuss one system's "stars" at a time if we're gonna be consistent.

Otherwise, Rivals gets a pass for 247's misses, ESPN gets a pass for Rivals misses, and so on and so on...

Advertisement
Or you could explain why the **** Rivals rated Josh Jackson (45th pick overall) a 2 star instead of doing the right thing and leaving it blank?

⭐⭐ 5.2-5.4 Low End FBS prospect: considered a mid-major prospect with limited pro potential and expected to contribute 1-2 years at a high level maximum or often as a role player.

I cant hold a website accountable for their whifs and for following behind top programs for their rankings if the goal is to see if they're really evaluating their 3 star and 2 star kids or not. You know,...the ones that keep getting dissed on message boards like Good, for example.

A composite does nothing whatsoever for that motive and is the last thing I'd want to use.

Now if I simply want a quick opinion on everyone's feel for a kid,...247's composite comes in great.

Last edited:
Effortlessly leaving guys, that’s when you know a guy is on another level. He’s coasting while cutting across the grain without losing top end.

This kid is a take every day of the week, at the very least he’s a special teams / return guy. Players like that wins you games.

I think you know where I’m going with the comparison.
This, this and this!

In terms of pure athleticism, Good is elite. Now add in near elite speed and toughness and you have a 100% take. Regarding position I love him at CB and he could develop into a great one at the position but I also see the potential at Safety and with more growth and weight he certainly has the aggression necessary to play Striker. I look forward to watching him the rest of his senior year. I'm in Orlando so I will try to make it to one of his games this year.

Last edited:
Kid had like 3TDs. He would’ve ran another KO back but dude got in his way and he tripped himself up. He’s an athlete. That’s what you do. You take great athletes and put them on defense.
That’s exactly why I see no problem taking Damarius Good athletes on defense causes major problems

Advertisement
Back