Damarius Good

@RomeoJunior Your argument is severely flawed if you are coming at it from a solely statistical, law of averages standpoint. You are just dead wrong. Now if you want to make the case that our staff evaluates players at a higher level than others, especially given their close proximity to so many high level players, therefore raising their success rate of 3 star players then you actually have something that makes sense.

You did not really do that...you went with some odd "4 out of 31 is not a good enough average for me. Soooo 3 stars" angle which is dumb.

For the record, after watching that film I think the kid is severely underrated. Get this kid into the Carol Soffer IPF on a rainy day and watch him blossom.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@RomeoJunior Your argument is severely flawed if you are coming at the argument from a solely statistical, law of averages standpoint. You are just dead wrong. Now if you want to make the case that our staff evaluates players at a higher level than others, especially given their close proximity to so many high level players, therefore raising their success rate of 3 star players then you actually have something that makes sense.

You did not really do that...you went with some odd "4 out of 31 is not a good enough average for me. Soooo 3 stars" angle which is dumb.

For the record, after watching that film I think the kid is severely underrated. Get this kid into the Carol Soffer IPF on a rainy day and watch him blossom.
You have a point my guy

I was wondering why there was no kick return highlights on this kid's film...Finally the coaches put him back on **** kick return and he houses one!

I love the shape-shifting arguments on this board. Everyone only want elite guys and "diamonds in the rough" or "under the radar" but we only want "under the radar" kids that are being recruited by other top schools and if he is a three star, psh next please.

Wasn't it Henderson a few years back that had very little film playing CB yet everyone cried when he choose UF over us and Bama?

First, wait until final rankings come out... Not every kid is going to have a Nesta type rise but none of these star arguments are based off what kids were ranked prior to their senior year of actually playing.

Second, if this kids recruitment starts to gain traction and more schools offer him, great we were on him first, that is what our staff needs to do, ID young potential early and jump on it before anyone else but if he doesn't pan out, staff has no problem pulling out (giggity). So far I like what I see.

@RomeoJunior Your argument is severely flawed if you are coming at it from a solely statistical, law of averages standpoint. You are just dead wrong. Now if you want to make the case that our staff evaluates players at a higher level than others, especially given their close proximity to so many high level players, therefore raising their success rate of 3 star players then you actually have something that makes sense.

Basically 4 out of 31 corners from those years went 3rd or higher from Rivals. You think it's "dumb" of me to not have been part of the group fighting for 4 star corners those years.

I think the people that did fawn over 4 star Rivals CBs in those particular years -- after the fact -- look dumb. 100% hindsight. If you think they were somehow "smart" or "reasoned" given the results,...go with it.....

In the mean time,...I'll challenge you to find some years from a particular service where there 20+ or so out of 30 weren't off the map come draft time. I'm all for disagreements,...but when you are given facts,...just try tah give me a lil more of a factual breakdown than "that was dumb", then backing it up with some big "law of averages" phrase... to convert me on why we need 4 star CBs across the board.

Go do the same thing I did and bring the results. Everything's at your disposal.

Advertisement
I trust this staff evaluations, i also super trust their ability to coach up players to perform up to and above their abilities. All i wanna know is is the kid fast and or big and is he football player. Yes, ill take him. But you do need the stars players with exceptional ability to beat NFL teams like FSU, Clemson and Bama. Just the truth.

I love the shape-shifting arguments on this board. Everyone only want elite guys and "diamonds in the rough" or "under the radar" but we only want "under the radar" kids that are being recruited by other top schools and if he is a three star, psh next please.

Wasn't it Henderson a few years back that had very little film playing CB yet everyone cried when he choose UF over us and Bama?

First, wait until final rankings come out... Not every kid is going to have a Nesta type rise but none of these star arguments are based off what kids were ranked prior to their senior year of actually playing.

Second, if this kids recruitment starts to gain traction and more schools offer him, great we were on him first, that is what our staff needs to do, ID young potential early and jump on it before anyone else but if he doesn't pan out, staff has no problem pulling out (giggity). So far I like what I see.

You had me at ..... “shape-shifting”.... lol

I trust this staff evaluations, i also super trust their ability to coach up players to perform up to and above their abilities. All i wanna know is is the kid fast and or big and is he football player. Yes, ill take him. But you do need the stars players with exceptional ability to beat NFL teams like FSU, Clemson and Bama. Just the truth.

Yea, I definitely don't consider FSU a NFL team.

Advertisement
The athleticism is definitely there. Without a doubt. Love his potential.

If he is focused and determined to work hard, he could be special.

Not last season but lets not kid ourselves they always will have dudes that go to the NFL. Even us under El Foldo
Yeah....then what??

Attachments

• 10807985_493655537443423_643301929_n.jpg
    10807985_493655537443423_643301929_n.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 34
Advertisement
Advertisement
The kid really
Looks for contact. I think he could be a good player for us if he can develop on defense

This kid has more upside than both Couch or Brownlee. If Mike Rumph is worth what some posters on this site believe he should be able to turn a kid like this into a great college player and high draft pick.

Is there any reason he's not seeing the field more at DB? Just too important as a point producer for them on offense?

Advertisement
Back