Damarius Good

This kid has more upside than both Couch or Brownlee. If Mike Rumph is worth what some posters on this site believe he should be able to turn a kid like this into a great college player and high draft pick.
He is. He did with Mike and Adrian...I got no doubts. There’s a reason the AH corners don’t live up to their hype after they left AH.

Advertisement
Supposedly his grades are trash, and could be the reason he doesn't have more offers.
That doesn’t stop anyone. Jeff Thomas was wanted by everybody with trash grades and we still found a way to get him in. If you really want a guy then you find a way.

He is. He did with Mike and Adrian...I got no doubts. There’s a reason the AH corners don’t live up to their hype after they leave AH.

Rumph's impact on Adrian is debatable. I will give him credit for Mike. But his coaching impact on skilled athletes still has long way to go to make up for his lack of recruiting.

Rumph's impact on Adrian is debatable. I will give him credit for Mike. But his coaching impact on skilled athletes still has long way to go to make up for his lack of recruiting.
Right because taking a 3rd string safety and turning him into a draftable corner can be done by anybody. Taking Corn Elder from a camp body to a mid-round boundary corner at 5-10 170 can be done by anybody. That’s just ridiculous that some question his impact on that.

That doesn’t stop anyone. Jeff Thomas was wanted by everybody with trash grades and we still found a way to get him in. If you really want a guy then you find a way.

That's the other example I was going to use. Thomas was recruited by everyone but his only solid offer was Illinois due to grades and he was going to commit to them until Miami stepped up and gave him a committable offer.

Advertisement
Right because taking a 3rd string safety and turning him into a draftable corner can be done by anybody. Taking Corn Elder from a camp body to a mid-round boundary corner at 5-10 170 can be done by anybody. That’s just ridiculous that some question his impact on that.

Since when was Elder a "camp body" when Rump showed up? He was the starting slot the year before Rumph came to Miami.

And Adrian was playing corner at Texas when he transferred to Miami.

That's the other example I was going to use. Thomas was recruited by everyone but his only solid offer was Illinois due to grades and he was going to commit to them until Miami stepped up and gave him a committable offer.
Not true. Bama quit contact after they got Devonta and told him he didn’t have a spot. Bama lead for the longest and we were the 2nd team...I even posted about that on this very board but it just didn’t get a lot of traction. Illinois isn’t a bottom feeder school btw. It’s a lot easier to get into Auburn and Alabama than Illinois.

Since when was Elder a "camp body" when Rump showed up? He was the starting slot the year before Rumph came to Miami.

And Adrian was playing corner at Texas when he transferred to Miami.

Wrong. He was a safety and experimented at CB at Texas. He didn’t already come over a CB, most of the snaps he played there was at safety.

Btw what do you think happens to strictly college nickel corners come draft time?

Not true. Bama quit contact after they got Devonta and told him he didn’t have a spot. Bama lead for the longest and we were the 2nd team...I even posted about that on this very board but it just didn’t get a lot of traction. Illinois isn’t a bottom feeder school btw. It’s a lot easier to get into Auburn and Alabama than Illinois.

Dude, Bama was kicking the tires on Thomas but the top player on their board for the slot WR position was Ruggs. When they landed him they had no reason to take a chance on Thomas and him not qualifying.

Advertisement
Dude, Bama was kicking the tires on Thomas but the top player on their board for the slot WR position was Ruggs. When they landed him they had no reason to take a chance on Thomas and him not qualifying.

You want me to bump it?

But he was going to qualify here and Illinois?

Advertisement
Wrong. He was a safety and experimented at CB at Texas. He didn’t already come over a CB, most of the snaps he played there was at safety.

Btw what do you think happens to strictly college nickel corners come draft time?

That's my point his transition to corner can not be soley given to Rumph when he was playing some corner at Texas. That's why its debatable.

Advertisement
That's my point his transition to corner can not be soley given to Rumph when he was playing some corner at Texas. That's why its debatable.
Adrian himself gave him all the credit...I even posted the article. He went to the league because of Rumph...

Yea thats what I remember as well they stopped recruiting him.
You’re both wrong. I was doing recruiting article thing Remember?

They got Shavers and Jerry early and kept moderate contact with him and once they felt good about Devonta they cut it. Riggs didn’t commit til Signing day and was the last to commit. We also offered him in April of that year and kept contact throughout.

Wasn't a camp kid, isn't at a school that tends to attract a lot of college coaches and neither does their comp, as well as wasn't playing the position we recruited him at. It's hard to find a true sleeper in this day and age, but he's the rare example of one due to the circumstances.

Thing is usually if Miami accepts a committment from a Central Florida sleeper, other schools start following and watching or just flat out offer the kid. None of that happened.

Advertisement
Back