Damarius Good

Advertisement
I know he isnt highly rated, but dadgummit, every time I watch his tape, I come away thinking he looks like one of the best athletes we’ve signed at DB in a long time. Speed, quickness, explosiveness, change of direction, reasonable size. If you didn’t know how these kids were ranked and saw his film, you’d be forgiven for thinking he was a top 100 kid.

Athletically, yes. But what's up with him being used so sparingly by his HS? I don't get it.

Ivins said the following about Good in a 247 thread while watching him in person tonight.

- Says Good is all of 6'0" and might be pushing 6'1".
- "Hardly an ounce of body fat on him."
- Good's first carry went for 21 yards, his second went for a 64-yard TD, and he later added a 32-yard TD.
- Believes it's fair to say Good is our fastest commit and has the size you want on the outside at CB.
We really need to stop with the drop Good comments because if Rumph coaches him up like I expect he can be a player I mean look at him physically

I'm actually very excited about Good after seeing what he's done so far this season. He's a legit athlete with pure explosiveness. Not necessarily someone that grows on trees at 6'1 - 200.

Advertisement
His story too, no way a guy like Richt drops a kid like him. Everyone should root for this kid, super positive, hard working kid, his family was homeless for a time.

His story too, no way a guy like Richt drops a kid like him. Everyone should root for this kid, super positive, hard working kid, his family was homeless for a time.
What? Are you serious?

Advertisement
CanesFam....Went to game...I told EVERYONE last yr this kids upside is completely through the roof......Anyone sleeping on this kid is in for a Rude Awakening.....Lol at anyone asking if he's a take...

Advertisement
Would be huge mistake to drop this kid. He can be a HOF type CB. Unlimited potential with his size and speed. Give Rumph 2 years to work with him and unleash the beast.

Is there any reason he's not seeing the field more at DB? Just too important as a point producer for them on offense?
Seems like a ****ish move by the coach imo. Doesn't really seem like he has the best interest of the kid in mind.

Advertisement
This is how Rumph can really make his name. If you cant take a kid who is 6'1 200lb with legit 4.4 speed and CB ability and turn him into a stud then you are in the wrong business as a CB coach. This is the type of kid you dream about. And you don't even have to fight the big boys for him. He just fell in your lap.

Advertisement
Back