Damarius Good

I made the comparison to Rolle because Rolle played all over the field and focused on Rolle's offensive stats in HS. @Tee3000 decided to emphasize the point about Good not even being the leading rusher on the team, which is the sole reason I brought up the comparison.

I get that part brother...I really do, it's just hard to accept it bc it's senseless.

Think about this: a kid with his measureables doesn't even start both ways on a average- bad high school football team.

Does his team have DB's that are D1 propects? that might explain why he doesn't play any defense...It's just alarming imho.

6'0 175 fast kids grow on trees in Florida imho.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah I don't know what dude was talking about an it made zero sense to me.

I could be wrong but I thought Purifoy played a ton of defense in high school from what I remember:

This film won't show it all for LP but Good doesn't have 1 snap on defense.

Film doesn't lie so it looks like he played more defense than I remember, but he came from like a tiny school. His aggressive running style, athleticism and speed remind me of Good. Except Good is faster on the track.

And you didn't either. A coach's job is to recruit athletes and coach them up. It goes back to the D'Onofrio recruiting video that's often talked about on here where the staff wanted a guy because he knew how to play safety (but wasn't a good athlete), whereas Hurlie was the only one that said we should focus on recruiting athletes that have potential to play a position and coach them up.

The situation applies here. Rolle played all over the field on both sides of the ball, sometimes he played at corner, sometimes he played safety, etc..

Sam Shields played WR all the way up until his senior year at Miami and then got switched to corner, because he had the ability.

You said I didn't prove a point, but you haven't either. The staff sees potential for him as a corner given that HE'S A GOOD ATHLETE and his likely position going forward in college is indeed at corner. The staff doesn't control what his HS staff currently utilizes him at, nor should that dictate their moves going forward. You act like every kid that played a position in HS plays the exact position in college.

I don't really care if I didn't..you don't have a point at all and no one understands your point but you. You have yet to convey anything that would make me rethink my position. Your antrel rolle comparison is absolute trash and it's like you didn't even read or comprehend what I wrote.

Again: Good doesn't play all over the field like Rolle does, Good is a RB, that is his primary position, Good was the 4th leading rusher last year for his team and this year as the LONE retutning senior in the backfield...he has been passed up again by 2 juniors and a sophomore and he's not playing anywhere else but RB.

and you're comparing this to Rolle whose on film making plays everywhere...the same Rolle you said barely played CB and that was a lie.

Film doesn't lie so it looks like he played more defense than I remember, but he came from like a tiny school. His aggressive running style, athleticism and speed remind me of Good. Except Good is faster on the track.

I can respect that

Yeah I don't know what dude was talking about an it made zero sense to me.

I could be wrong but I thought Purifoy played a ton of defense in high school from what I remember:

This film won't show it all for LP but Good doesn't have 1 snap on defense.

The point was that you focused on Good not even being the leading rusher on his team. That was the point I was trying to make.

Advertisement
I want the kid to be an All american...all kids we sign I hope they achieve that. I'm just giving my opinion. I'll leave it alone bc I don't want it to come across that I'm hating on the kid.

I hope he balls out!

Agreeing to disagree bro. We're just not going to see the same thing here and I'm cool with that.

That's fine. I'm just conveying my opinions on his offensive stats given that he's used in multiple capacities (look at Dmoney's latest highlight reel).

I won't lie. I questioned the take at the time and still sort of do, but he's a good athlete. I hope I'm ultimately right, not to be a **** towards you, just that it betters the team.

I get that part brother...I really do, it's just hard to accept it bc it's senseless.

Think about this: a kid with his measureables doesn't even start both ways on a average- bad high school football team.

Does his team have DB's that are D1 propects? that might explain why he doesn't play any defense...It's just alarming imho.

This is the part that concerns me. Don't understand why he's not being used more given the level of competition.

The good thing is that if he doesn't develop on defense, his speed and aggression should fit somewhere on special teams. So that limits his downside a bit.

Advertisement
This is the part that concerns me. Don't understand why he's not being used more given the level of competition.

The good thing is that if he doesn't develop on defense, his speed and aggression should fit somewhere on special teams. So that limits his downside a bit.

I cannot EVER disagree with that. We don't have enough good-great special teams players

This dude’s an incredible athlete, and he’s tough and has heart. I don’t see the downside at all. Either you trust your DB coaches to coach up a guy with plus size, plus toughness, and plus athleticism, or your coaches are trash.
Sometimes coaching even the best can’t get a player to get comfortable in a position. Look at Jamal Carter, people anointed him the next great safety at Miami based off punt return film. He was a great athlete but not a great DB. Good is an athlete for sure but he is raw and not developing doesn’t necessarily make the coaching trash and I’m constantly critical of Rumph.

Sometimes coaching even the best can’t get a player to get comfortable in a position. Look at Jamal Carter, people anointed him the next great safety at Miami based off punt return film. He was a great athlete but not a great DB. Good is an athlete for sure but he is raw and not developing doesn’t necessarily make the coaching trash and I’m constantly critical of Rumph.

Jamal Carter turned into a good safety. He was going to play a lot for Denver this year if he didn't tear his hammy.

Jamal Carter turned into a good safety. He was going to play a lot for Denver this year if he didn't tear his hammy.
Look he found a spot on a roster with Denver and played sparingly because of injuries and Denver having meh depth at the position. There was a reason Denver had 4 UDFAs trying out at the spot. Kudos to him making the team, he is a great athlete but I wouldn’t call that good as much right place right time. Now this year may have been different but he got injured so **** early. Coaches love the talent of taking raw talent, which Jamal always had in spades and turn it into something, but it has yet to happen.

Advertisement

Agree 200%...The coach can't help both the kid and Good out and play him at least part time on defense?

And he's not even a rB that carries a heavy load? Gets like 8-12 carries a game and is returning kickoffs (I don't believe punts) for the first year this season.

Look he found a spot on a roster with Denver and played sparingly because of injuries and Denver having meh depth at the position. There was a reason Denver had 4 UDFAs trying out at the spot. Kudos to him making the team, he is a great athlete but I wouldn’t call that good as much right place right time. Now this year may have been different but he got injured so **** early. Coaches love the talent of taking raw talent, which Jamal always had in spades and turn it into something, but it has yet to happen.

I thought he had a good year as a senior. Really solid tackler, although I still have nightmares of the dropped fumble against Notre Dame. Our safety play in 2016 was as strong as we've had in years.

But you are correct that good coaching can't turn every good athlete into a good player.

I thought he had a good year as a senior. Really solid tackler, although I still have nightmares of the dropped fumble against Notre Dame. Our safety play in 2016 was as strong as we've had in years.

But you are correct that good coaching can't turn every good athlete into a good player.
My point is that Good while a premium athlete is gonna be a major major project. At a position that we still have some question marks. In the end I get it, trust the coaches, but we turned down very good talent at the position. If you are gonna take projects make sure they have plus size and athleticism at the position, and Good checks those boxes, but I would feel a lot better if we hadn’t already done that at the position the year before with Bethel.

Advertisement
He hgas to be involved on ST immediately

We say that for every athlete we have and then they come here and don't do **** on special teams returns.

Either our blocking schemes suck or we have the wrong guys in to execute the blocking schemes b/c every year its the same thing.

We've had a few good PRs lately but I can't remember the last time we even returned a kickoff to mid field.

We say that for every athlete we have and then they come here and don't do **** on special teams returns.

Either our blocking schemes suck or we have the wrong guys in to execute the blocking schemes b/c every year its the same thing.

We've had a few good PRs lately but I can't remember the last time we even returned a kickoff to mid field.
Yeah our STs are insanely bad. Hartley gotta lose that from his job title

Disclaimer: This might not make sense..

I'm tired of recruiting kids based on projections who turn into good players senior year or at the next level. Give me a roster full of Trajan Bandy's. Not sure where he projects as a pro but he's a baller now. More Scaife's, less Ford's.

My probably with the Good take is this. We took his commitment before we even knew where we stood with Prospects like Davis, Elam, and Dent. Now if we pull his offer for a higher rated kid it's a lose lose situation for Miami all around.

Advertisement
Back