Cristobal

I’m saying you can’t blame the losses for the acccg and ob on us having bad coaches without giving them the credit for making those games despite having a less then stellar qb. And yes I blame a lot of those losses on malik, the guy was throwing sub 50% and missing wide open guys. Not a lot coaching can do for an inaccurate arm. Best coach in the world isn’t going to turn malik into Tom Brady, he’s still got his physical limitations.

A few things:

1. You can "blame" Malik but Malik doesn't put himself in the game. Malik doesn't make the game plan or call the plays either. We all knew Malik's limitations as we watched the games last year. He has accuracy issues. Take for example the Pitt game last year. Why allow him to throw the ball 30+ times? You know he struggles to complete passes. The/A _____________ (insert adjective here) coach isn't going to force something that doesn't work especially in game 11. The best coach won't turn Malik into Brady. But at the same time, the best coach knows NOT to force something that clearly isn't working. A good coach wouldn't force it either. Perhaps Richt needs help or a second set of (quality) eyes?

2. Richt, when he came to us, watched Kaaya and Malik his first year. After watching Malik (that year), why not bring in a grad transfer? I don't blame Richt in year 1 for going with what he has (Kaaya and Malik). Why not bring in someone after that year (if not prior)? But after year 2, why are you going with the same guy? Is he better? Or is Malik is who he is at this point?

3. The coaches get the credit/blame for the results. They also get the credit/blame for the decisions they make.

Advertisement
So you're going to turn down an extra 500k omega behalf of loyalty? Sincerely hope you don't have a family...

You clowns and this constant narrative about the "massive" raise your hero got at mighty Alabaga.

Here are some facts:

St. Luigi was hired before the 2013 season at $475k per year there.

St. Luigi left there for Oregon last year while making $525k per year at Alabaga.

This was NOT life changing money (relative to college football) and Ol' Luigi's ONLY motivation was the opportunity to have his name associated with Saban's. And that's fine but it absolutely doesn't mean we need to respect anything about him in relation to how quick he was was to **** on his precious alma mater to do so.

A few things:

1. You can "blame" Malik but Malik doesn't put himself in the game. Malik doesn't make the game plan or call the plays either. We all knew Malik's limitations as we watched the games last year. He has accuracy issues. Take for example the Pitt game last year. Why allow him to throw the ball 30+ times? You know he struggles to complete passes. The/A _____________ (insert adjective here) coach isn't going to force something that doesn't work especially in game 11. The best coach won't turn Malik into Brady. But at the same time, the best coach knows NOT to force something that clearly isn't working. A good coach wouldn't force it either. Perhaps Richt needs help or a second set of (quality) eyes?

2. Richt, when he came to us, watched Kaaya and Malik his first year. After watching Malik (that year), why not bring in a grad transfer? I don't blame Richt in year 1 for going with what he has (Kaaya and Malik). Why not bring in someone after that year (if not prior)? But after year 2, why are you going with the same guy? Is he better? Or is Malik is who he is at this point?

3. The coaches get the credit/blame for the results. They also get the credit/blame for the decisions they make.
Bro you are saying the same thing I said, I don’t mind putting it on the coaches but if you always blame the coaches you also have to give them credit for taking a team with malik as qb1 and only loosing 1 regular season game. That’s pretty impressive when you think about what malik is. As far as another set of eyes I completely agree. I’d love for richt to bring in an art briles or something.

Bro you are saying the same thing I said, I don’t mind putting it on the coaches but if you always blame the coaches you also have to give them credit for taking a team with malik as qb1 and only loosing 1 regular season game. That’s pretty impressive when you think about what malik is. As far as another set of eyes I completely agree. I’d love for richt to bring in an art briles or something.
True. But those same coaches also loost 4 straight, when it counted. Sort of their M.O. Hard to give them props for swapping QBs when we’re about to loose to FIU.

So you're going to turn down an extra 500k omega behalf of loyalty? Sincerely hope you don't have a family...

Did I or did I not refer to him getting a “better offer”? Yes, I did.

Did I say that he shouldn’t have done that or that I blamed him for it? No, I did not.

Have somebody read what I wrote to you, maybe you’ll get it this time.

Advertisement
There was a thread crowning Wario about week or two ago, I said it then & I'll say it now...

We can do so much better than one of Saban's former bag boys whenever Richt decides to retire.

Miami is a high level P5 marquee program in the most prime abundant recruiting ground in the entire country, after Richt retires & it's time to look for a new HC, aim higher fellas... Aim way higher.

This is important point of emphasis.

At that time, we'll be asking someone to take over for Mark Richt, not Larry Coker, not Randy Shannon, not Al Golden. You guys say what you want about him, but in coaching circles that's a completely different proposal. And, they'll have legitimate budget, facilities and support functions too boot.

Wario gets crucified around here, but he won two MNC’s with the canes, got five years of HC experience taking lumps at a dumpster program, took over a winless FIU team and won their and a bowl game, put a legit WR into the NFL, then was fired by one of the same invalids that contributed to our fall from grace, spent 4 years getting mentorship under Saban, and is now the HC of a wildly overfunded cfb program, and played the #7 team in the country to the final second in a game where both teams appeared to be equal.

He’s probably a much better coach in 2018 then a lot of us give him credit for.

I’ll unceremoniously end my last sentence in a post position; while awkward, it is technically correct.

1. I did give the credit/blame to the coaches, as you stated.

2. I don't think it was the offense (and Malik) that lead the charge last year. Take for example the following games: ND, VT and FSU

- Our defense let up a combined 38 points in those 3 games. That is less than 13 PPG.
- They forced 10 TOs (in total) and even scored a pick 6 against ND.
- Malik completed 50% of his passes in those 3 games. He threw 4 INTs in those 3 games. His QBR never went above 80 in those 3 games.

It isn't hard to win games when your defense is performing like that (above).

Please note: I am not particularly a fan of Manny Diaz either.

3. I don't think anyone is touching Art Biles anytime soon. How about Kendal Briles? I am not sure why Richt didn't go after him. He was just up the road at FAU last year.

1. I did give the credit/blame to the coaches, as you stated.

2. I don't think it was the offense (and Malik) that lead the charge last year. Take for example the following games: ND, VT and FSU

- Our defense let up a combined 38 points in those 3 games. That is less than 13 PPG.
- They forced 10 TOs (in total) and even scored a pick 6 against ND.
- Malik completed 50% of his passes in those 3 games. He threw 4 INTs in those 3 games. His QBR never went above 80 in those 3 games.

It isn't hard to win games when your defense is performing like that (above).

Please note: I am not particularly a fan of Manny Diaz either.

3. I don't think anyone is touching Art Biles anytime soon. How about Kendal Briles? I am not sure why Richt didn't go after him. He was just up the road at FAU last year.
A good option also. My opinion is that if art can go anywhere to revamp his career it’s going to be going under a coach like richt that is so widely respected as not only a good coach but a good human. He has enough good image under him that a coach with some baggage can be forgiven pretty easily.

Advertisement
My opinion is that if art can go anywhere to revamp his career it’s going to be going under a coach like richt that is so widely respected as not only a good coach but a good human. He has enough good image under him that a coach with some baggage can be forgiven pretty easily.

I would take Art in a heARTbeat.

Wario gets crucified around here, but he won two MNC’s with the canes, got five years of HC experience taking lumps at a dumpster program, took over a winless FIU team and won their and a bowl game, put a legit WR into the NFL, then was fired by one of the same invalids that contributed to our fall from grace, spent 4 years getting mentorship under Saban, and is now the HC of a wildly overfunded cfb program, and played the #7 team in the country to the final second in a game where both teams appeared to be equal.

He’s probably a much better coach in 2018 then a lot of us give him credit for.

I’ll unceremoniously end my last sentence in a post position; while awkward, it is technically correct.

I didn't know Mario's family was so big? You guys know Oregon has a message board right?

Cristobal has actually done better than I thought. They have a good squad.

Taggert is somehow an incredible recruiter despite being an absolute trash coach. Guy must have some next level bag game.

Taggert and Cristobal are one in the same.

Advertisement
A few things:

I agree with almost all of that. I would just point out that the reason to have Malik throw 30+ times is that you trust the run blocking of your OL even less than Malik's accuracy. Maybe it was the wrong call in retrospect maybe not, but there was some thought that went into it. You force something that doesn't work when all you have are options that don't work.

Advertisement
He would have us top 10 in recruiting every year. He has an NFL QB right now though. When that’s gone the losses most likely pile up.

I agree with almost all of that. I would just point out that the reason to have Malik throw 30+ times is that you trust the run blocking of your OL even less than Malik's accuracy. Maybe it was the wrong call in retrospect maybe not, but there was some thought that went into it. You force something that doesn't work when all you have are options that don't work.

There are other ways to throw the ball besides Rosier. We can throw it out of the wildcat, like with Dallas. In addition, perhaps be a little creative with our run packages.

I think we force something that didn't work because we're stubborn. We ran the ball 23 times in that game.

Reviewing those carries:

1. Shirreffs had 1 carry (this was technically a sack).
2. Homer and Dallas combined for 10 carries.
3. Rosier had 12 carries.

There is no reason that Homer and Dallas should combine for ONLY 10 total carries. When Homer became the starter, after FSU (for the GT game), he averaged 15.3 carries per game. Against Pitt, he had ONLY 7 carries. Homer and Dallas (combined) ran the ball 4 times in the 2nd Half.

Advertisement
Back