Cristobal

D

deleted19425

Once richt retires, Will he be the next HC at the U ?

Imo... He needs to win the Pac 12 to even be in consideration

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't really get the Cristobal hate

Don't think most hate him, but hated the idea of hiring him as HC after Golden. Didn't need another unproven coach without P5 HC experience. Richt (or Butch) were good choices. After Oregon and time under Saban, Cristobal would be a much better hire. Dude is elite recruiter and would get the 5 stars we've missed on.

If he has them rolling, the question will be whether he'd want to leave. Willie leaving after a year wasn't too far fetched, but if Mario is there for 3+ years I gotta think it becomes less likely.

Advertisement
I don't really get the Cristobal hate

Its because he left the sht show known as the Golden era to go learn the ropes under a giant. People thought he should have stuck around, even when he knew Golden was poison. Good for him on getting separation from that ****.

At this point of their careers he is the better choice than Richt.

Richt was the right choice at the time. No to Mario, unless he ends up proving himself at Oregon. He’s only a few games into his tenure. He has a great QB. He needs to maintain a high level, and keep Oregon contending for the PAC12 title, and win a few.

When he abruptly left Miami for Alabama he angered a lot of people. But who could blame him?

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see what will happen when CMR retires, however I don't think that is on his radar at the moment. Our next HC will likely be offensive minded, and on staff for multiple seasons prior to Richt retirement.

Edit: to answer the question, no he will likely not be the next HC here. I'd expect him to have great success at Oregon and play in a few Pac 12 title games when all is said and done.

I didnt like him for HC but man I feel wrong, what hes doing on the trail shows me he has what it takes.

He would have been a HUUGE risk and reach to pull the trigger on. He needs to earn it. Very doubtful we have the IPF and recruiting last 2 years with him.
Richt was the right hire. He will get it done and when it’s time maybe Mario will be ready.

Advertisement
He would have been a HUUGE risk and reach to pull the trigger on. He needs to earn it. Very doubtful we have the IPF and recruiting last 2 years with him.
Richt was the right hire. He will get it done and when it’s time maybe Mario will be ready.

He is a better recruiter than Richt. I don't think there should be any doubt about that. The question with him is can he manage a program and win on game day. Recruiting is not his issue.

Disagree if Butchs name wasnt involved in the hiring process, I dont think MR wins a title but lets see who takes over afterward. We are better now then the last three staffs but I want us to take that elite step.

He is a better recruiter than Richt. I don't think there should be any doubt about that. The question with him is can he manage a program and win on game day. Recruiting is not his issue.
thats the way it looks right now that MC is a better recruiter

If Cristobal can win at Oregon, he should just stay there.

Toughness and physicality is what that program was missing under Chip Kelly.

Mario won’t have a soft team.

Advertisement
Back