Cristobal

Advertisement
Again, what do you think the High Positions are looking for in a coach before they sign them to a contract?

See my post in this thread on the prior page (on what to look for).

I don’t understand what you’re getting at, do you seriously have no idea what to look for in a coach?

I'm Catholic myself but this level of cultish protection/delusion by the CIS Columbus Crew of Luigi Slurpers almost would explain in part how the pedophile priests got away with it for so long.
Oh please... you can't be serious. Wow... "cultish protection" "Luigi Slurpers" "pedophile priests"... very convincing, I just switched religions... you may consider.

Its because he left the sht show known as the Golden era to go learn the ropes under a giant. People thought he should have stuck around, even when he knew Golden was poison. Good for him on getting separation from that ****.

At this point of their careers he is the better choice than Richt.

For the last fcking time:

HE DIDN'T LEAVE BECAUSE HE FIGURED AL OUT, HE LEFT BECAUSE HE GOT A BETTER OFFER. HE'S NOT SOME FCKNG GENIUS, HE'S A GUY WHO CHOSE OPPORTUNITY OVER LOYALTY.

Advertisement
For the last fcking time:

HE DIDN'T LEAVE BECAUSE HE FIGURED AL OUT, HE LEFT BECAUSE HE GOT A BETTER OFFER. HE'S NOT SOME FCKNG GENIUS, HE'S A GUY WHO CHOSE OPPORTUNITY OVER LOYALTY.

So he left a sht situation for a great opportunity, which led him to get a HC gig at a big time program. But he's really dumb according to you.

Seems like a genius move to me.

So he left a sht situation for a great opportunity, which led him to get a HC gig at a big time program. But he's really dumb according to you.

Seems like a genius move to me.

Where did I say he's dumb? I said he's not some genius who saw through al. He took the job knowing who al was, he didn't figure it out in the 2 weeks he was here.

Nobody is mad that he took another job. It was a bit shady to do it that soon after taking the Miami job, but we all get it.

Many of us don't want him as HC here because he's just not good enough. And we feel that Miami doesn't owe him any more loyalty than he showed us when he left for bama. Not mad, just don't owe the guy anything.

See my post in this thread on the prior page (on what to look for).

I don’t understand what you’re getting at, do you seriously have no idea what to look for in a coach?

I just wanted to know before I list why I think Richt gets a job within the last couple of years at a high level. Thank you for directing me to your post to the previous page. That's more or less what I'm looking for.

Anyways, Ed Orgeron is an "older coach" who has been the head coach of Ole Miss, USC and got the HC job at LSU. He was also fired, and LSU would qualify as a "Higher Program" being that they won a National title and competed for another won within the last 35 years.

My point simply that with the variety of coaches with a variety of resumes out their landing gigs at high programs, I think Richt would have been hired.

Cristobal has youth on his side, but he was fired from a "Lower Program" position, and despite that he was hired at a "Higher Program," considering Oregon competed for a National Championship within the last 35 years.

Advertisement
Where did I say he's dumb? I said he's not some genius who saw through al. He took the job knowing who al was, he didn't figure it out in the 2 weeks he was here.

Nobody is mad that he took another job. It was a bit shady to do it that soon after taking the Miami job, but we all get it.

Many of us don't want him as HC here because he's just not good enough. And we feel that Miami doesn't owe him any more loyalty than he showed us when he left for bama. Not mad, just don't owe the guy anything.

Nobody said Miami owes him anything. However, many on here seem to think Miami, and its fans, owe something to Richt because he is a "Miami guy". I think Miami covered that territory by hiring a guy who was canned at UGA for not being quite good enough.

Mario would do just as much as Richt if he were the HC in terms of fighting for better facilities. Just because Miami had turds before him, to include a President who had no understanding or care to what teams need to succeed, doesn't equate to him being some savior. We all knew what they needed.

Additionally, Richt's best years have passed him by. He is no better as a HC than Mario is. People just have a weird vendetta because he chose not to be a part of a sht show. Alabama offered him a better opportunity all the way around, not just financially.

In addition, if he stayed at Miami under the past regime, he surely wouldn't have been a HC today.

And how in the **** do you know he didn't figure Al out? He had a decent sample size to see it.

Cristobal has no business being here—yet. Maybe he proves his mettle, maybe he doesnt.

However...

if you criticize him for disloyalty, then Richt deserves the same bc he not only was a traitor to his alma mater by coaching for FSU and running up the score on us during our down years, but he also told us to **** off in 2006 when we fired Coker. Had zero interest in coming to save his alma mater, and left us to die a slow Shannon/Golden death.

So if you have a grudge against Wario, then you also should hate Rick.

I just wanted to know before I list why I think Richt gets a job within the last couple of years at a high level. Thank you for directing me to your post to the previous page. That's more or less what I'm looking for.

Anyways, Ed Orgeron is an "older coach" who has been the head coach of Ole Miss, USC and got the HC job at LSU. He was also fired, and LSU would qualify as a "Higher Program" being that they won a National title and competed for another won within the last 35 years.

My point simply that with the variety of coaches with a variety of resumes out their landing gigs at high programs, I think Richt would have been hired.

Cristobal has youth on his side, but he was fired from a "Lower Program" position, and despite that he was hired at a "Higher Program," considering Oregon competed for a National Championship within the last 35 years.

Are you saying LSU would have hired Richt?

Ed O was hired interim and kept on. I feel like that is more of an outlier rather than the norm. Also, this doesn’t mean LSU would have touched Richt given that Miles accomplished a lot more and more recently.

Advertisement
Are you saying LSU would have hired Richt?

Ed O was hired interim and kept on. I feel like that is more of an outlier rather than the norm. Also, this doesn’t mean LSU would have touched Richt given that Miles accomplished a lot more and more recently.

I actually think Oregon would have hired Richt, because specifically, you are right. Les had a National Title, recent SEC title and competed for another one. Les' main issue seems to be getting along with AD's which Richt seems to have covered.

Long story short, I think Miami has learned a lot in the last round of hires. Stop promoting assistants into the HC position. Make sure your HC has accomplished something (SEC Titles and high win percentage,) raise the salary and improve the facilities.

Oh please... you can't be serious. Wow... "cultish protection" "Luigi Slurpers" "pedophile priests"... very convincing, I just switched religions... you may consider.

Pal, you can use all the quotation marks you want and be overly sensitive to my hyperbolic humor but it still doesn't change the fact that CIS is FULL of Columbus bros that are extreme slurpers of St. Luigi.

Advertisement
Pal, you can use all the quotation marks you want and be overly sensitive to my hyperbolic humor but it still doesn't change the fact that CIS is FULL of Columbus bros that are extreme slurpers of St. Luigi.
I'm glad that you clarified that your post was "hyperbolic humor". I was confused and thought you actually had some profound contempt towards those things in your post. Confused you with those here that have utter distain for these things in your post. However, please don't think that I'm too sensitive... if I was I'd have as many posts as you by expressing my indignation to the **** that is written here.

Advertisement
Back