CIS OUTRAGE....mods deleting threads poking fun at gators

Advertisement
alright I'm going to speculate here a little bit. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Harley wanted the post removed because he didn't want to get the other STA guys in trouble.

Problem is that what they did wasn't site specific it was picked up on Twitter and Instagram and other social media sites.

also I'm sure those guys caught some heat from the Florida staff or from their very own coaches. However I have to ask if it was the other way around and they were doing the gator Chomp on the canes campus I'm sure the gator coaches would have no problem with it.

When Hunter threw the upside down U I'm sure they laughed and giggled. You didn't see any apologies did you?

Last edited:
alright I'm going to speculate here a little bit. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Harley wanted the post removed because he didn't want to get the other sta guys in trouble.

Problem is is that what they did was site specific it was picked up on Twitter and Instagram and other social media sites.

also I'm sure those guys caught some heat from the Florida staff or from their very own coaches. However I have to ask if it was the other way around and they were doing the gator Chomp on the canes campus I'm sure the gator coaches would have no problem with it
That’s exactly the point and why they shouldn’t apologize.

From time to time we have not posted stuff (players getting in trouble) or deleted things at the request of player or coaches. To be clear, you are free to post as much anti-UF or FSU post as you want, but if a social media post is deleted and that person is a Cane and ask us to take it down, then we generally will. If the person is not a Cane then **** 'em.

From time to time we have not posted stuff (players getting in trouble) or deleted things at the request of player or coaches. To be clear, you are free to post as much anti-UF or FSU post as you want, but if a social media post is deleted and that person is a Cane and ask us to take it down, then we generally will. If the person is not a Cane then **** 'em.

I can respect that if it's coming from a player or coach of ours. Just think it's funny that when other teams mock us that's it's funny to them but when we do it they throw a fit

Advertisement
Thank you.

Great policy.

It's **** near Memorial Day. We're starving for football. We see some old school Cane ish go down at a rival school and then suspiciously disappear (and the apprehension about double agent writers) and we smell blood.

All good

That is a fair and reasoned policy. And I appreciate the explanation.

Although I respect the request of the OP to have the thread taken down, an explanation - even a brief one - might have avoided all the backlash on this thread and another.

Advertisement
I stand by my earlier critiques of the current potential around here for bad optics and even worse assumptions to be made but I also have no problem if the OP of a thread requests something to be deleted and especially when it's in conjunction with the wishes of someone from our actual program (not a 7-on-7 corch, disgruntled alumni, etc.). I mean at the end of the day an OP essentially creates the content on this platform so he probably can have some editorial sway about a thread in certain instances.

The power of message board threads never fail to amaze me. If recruits give this many ****s about what we write on here.. Idk whether to be flattered or concerned. What's to stop fake sites from popping up, claiming to be fans of certain teams, with an actual goal of making said team & fanbase look bad?
"My boy is a coach at ___. He says they dont really even want this guy. They really want his friend. They're just using him to get close & they're gonna stop coming around once they get who they really want".
That's obviously b.s.. But the first time contact slows down, the recruit would wonder if what he read were true. All the fake posters would have to do is talk trash about the guy, in junk threads, with the goal of pushing him to the school they actually want him at. Sounds crazy, but if these kids actually care about what's posted by total strangers in message board threads..? Why wouldnt it work? Yikes..

Just saw this thread, was with my youngest for his birthday.

Andrew has the situation under control and said what needed to be said in his post. Calm down. Anything we can do to hurt the Gators, we will do. If a good thread is ever deleted, it’s for Cane purposes.

Advertisement

Andrew has the situation under control and said what needed to be said in his post. Calm down. Anything we can do to hurt the Gators, we will do. If a good thread is ever deleted, it’s for Cane purposes.
Happy Birthday to the youngest! I won't sing!

Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm

I last checked the site late last night, didn’t even look until this afternoon.

Can’t believe how this played out.

The problem was the thread being deleted without explanation. Add to that the obvious double standard.

Be honest and ask yourself this question. Take off the fan glasses and base your response on experience and prior history. If the shoe was on the other foot, and this had happened at one of our events, what would have happened?

Be honest.

Even without my orange and green glasses, based on prior performance, I feel fairly certain about the following

• There definitely would have been an uproar by our fanbase, but that’s where the similarities end

• No player would have been compelled to apologize. Just based on prior history, how many times have we seen players disrespect our logo, our “U” (upside down U), talk shlt about us at our events, on social media, recruit against us at our own events, etc etc. Too many times to list

• There are never any repercussions or backlash EVER, other than our fans complaining

• There would have been no apology from any “offending” players, teams or websites

• There would have been no thread deletions, nor would players be compelled to ask for threads to be deleted.

Sorry, even objectively, there’s a huge double standard.

But thanks to Andrew and DMoney for at least understanding how strongly people feel about this.

If Harley or someone on our end made the request, then you can't fault the mods here.

The "apology" from the recruits is actually more embarassing for UF. It reads like a hostage statement. If sure Jaden and those guys are going to be UF commits soon with being told they have to apologize to Mullen and the school, right. UF just hurts themselves more with handling it that way, but I wouldn't expect a moron like Choad Wilson to understand that

Advertisement

that's fair.

but then you need to make it 100% crystal f'ing clear, that's the policy: we will generally accommodate if they are 'canes, and there is a good faith reason to do so. ... But Fack them if they are not!

this needs to be tacked to the top of the board, so there are no misunderstandings. with the way Pete handled his departure, and having Marrero still on here, you could be dangerously close to a mutiny of things get out of hand.

(just saying)

Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm

I last checked the site late last night, didn’t even look until this afternoon.

Can’t believe how this played out.

The problem was the thread being deleted without explanation. Add to that the obvious double standard.

Be honest and ask yourself this question. Take off the fan glasses and base your response on experience and prior history. If the shoe was on the other foot, and this had happened at one of our events, what would have happened?

Be honest.

Even without my orange and green glasses, based on prior performance, I feel fairly certain about the following

• There definitely would have been an uproar by our fanbase, but that’s where the similarities end

• No player would have been compelled to apologize. Just based on prior history, how many times have we seen players disrespect our logo, our “U” (upside down U), talk shlt about us at our events, on social media, recruit against us at our own events, etc etc. Too many times to list

• There are never any repercussions or backlash EVER, other than our fans complaining

• There would have been no apology from any “offending” players, teams or websites

• There would have been no thread deletions, nor would players be compelled to ask for threads to be deleted.

Sorry, even objectively, there’s a huge double standard.

But thanks to Andrew and DMoney for at least understanding how strongly people feel about this.

At the end of the day, who cares?

UF got disrespected. UF has the 22nd-ranked class. UF won 4 games last year.

The apology is meaningless. That’s the STA coaches. We are going to sign at least four guys from that school and beat UF with them.

Then why were you guys willing to bring it back now?

This was marrero related and you guys are trying to cover it up. Sad.

Then why were you guys willing to bring it back now?

This was marrero related and you guys are trying to cover it up. Sad.

Man, some people can’t get Marrero off their brains.

A UM/STA player asked us to take it down and we did. The end.

Advertisement
Back