Canes Opener

September:

Bethune Cookman
Arkansas State
Toledo

eee7dcf9682710ad0a3875718352e5cf.gif

Definitely going to be some ACC game sprinkled in September either on the 16 or the 30. But yes... not ****.

Advertisement
We need to make a sticky on how college football scheduling is done in this day and age, so we can refer to it when the schedule is released and the mouth breathers all comment 'what the **** are we playin' them for'?

Dip****s want us to play Alabama, L$U, Ohio Taint, Meatchicken, and USC...even though those schools generally only play one power-5 school OOC a year, often at a neutral site.

It's all about revenue; lots of these schools' athletic departments are hemorrhaging money, they don't want to give up the extra home game. In fact, even though ESPN, with all their leverage, wanted the ACC to move to a 9-game conference schedule, the ACC schools said **** no, because they'd have to give up a home game every other year.

PREDICTION TIME

Sure wins (5-0):
Vs. Bethune Cookmens
@ Arkansas States
Vs. Toledo
Vs. Virginia
@ Duke

Probable wins (3-1):
Vs. Notre Dame
Vs Georgia Techs
Vs Syracuse
@ Pittsburgh

Coin Flips (1-1):
@ UNC
Vs Va Tech

Probable Loss (0-1):
@ FSU

9-3, win a bowl game, get to 10 wins for the first time in decades.

Agree for the most part. I'd include both UNC and VT under probable wins.

I don't think we're taking into account how good our D could be next year. Teams are going to need to account for it like they haven't in a long time around here. Going to be even tougher at home. If the OL can take the next step then every game is winable, even with a freshman QB.

No reason to not have 11 wins in the regular season.

That schedule is a ******* disgrace.

Advertisement
We need to make a sticky on how college football scheduling is done in this day and age, so we can refer to it when the schedule is released and the mouth breathers all comment 'what the **** are we playin' them for'?

Dip****s want us to play Alabama, L$U, Ohio Taint, Meatchicken, and USC...even though those schools generally only play one power-5 school OOC a year, often at a neutral site.

It's all about revenue; lots of these schools' athletic departments are hemorrhaging money, they don't want to give up the extra home game. In fact, even though ESPN, with all their leverage, wanted the ACC to move to a 9-game conference schedule, the ACC schools said **** no, because they'd have to give up a home game every other year.

Please take your logic and rational thinking elsewhere.

I'd rather play a group of 5 school, but I don't hate that we play HSBC schools either...

I don't really care one way or the other, I'll watch the Canes play no matter what, just no more road trips to App St...

If we're gonna send the boys off on the road to play a weak team, at least let it be Hawaii, University of San Diego, or some place nice that has some fine b!tchez lol

If we're gonna blow a team out by 50, the boys should at least get the reward of smashing some local broads before they leave town lol

Last edited:
I'd rather play a group of 5 school, but I don't hate that we play HSBC schools either...

I don't really care one way or the other, I'll watch the Canes play no matter what, just no more road trips to App St...

If we're gonna send the boys off on the road to play a weak team, at least let it be Hawaii, University of San Diego, or some place nice that has some fine b!tchez lol

If we're gonna blow a team out by 50, the boys should at least get the reward of smashing some local broads before they leave town lol

Huh?

Toledo and Arkansas state are Group of 5 schools.

Advertisement

Or they can play schools in markers that benefit us recruiting wise; such as, Cali, Texas, Georgia, etc. Playing Arkansas State and App state do not provide us value in any way.

Year 2 will reveal everything we need to know about Richt. We should easily win 10-12 games. Our schedule is bush league, especially with both UNC and VT rebuilding. Anything less than 10 games is a disgrace.

Huh?

Toledo and Arkansas state are Group of 5 schools.
I know... I don't have a problem with playing those schools.

Waste of a game. Schedule a real team. Schedule is awful this year.

Who do you want UM to schedule that has the first week open that does not want a return home game....especially this late?

For a new starting QB this is exactly what everyone should want.

Why are we just scheduling this game? **** get UCF, ECU at least a AAC team to come to town. Quit playing Bethune and FAMU. You can ***** about playing App St and Arkansas St on the road but Sun Belt finished 3rd in the G5 conferences this year and those two teams shared the title and won bowl games. It is a **** of a lot better game than either of the 1-AA in state schools.

PREDICTION TIME

Sure wins (5-0): Your 5-0 look right
Vs. Bethune Cookmens
@ Arkansas States
Vs. Toledo
Vs. Virginia
@ Duke

Probable wins (3-1): Better be 4-0
Vs. Notre Dame Still sucks loses QB
Vs Georgia Techs Loses QB
Vs Syracuse Improving no excuse for losing this game.
@ Pittsburgh Loses QB and RB

Coin Flips (1-1): Should be 2-0
@ UNC Loses a lot including QB and RB
Vs Va Tech Loses QB Hodges and host of others

Probable Loss (0-1):
@ FSU F FSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Year 2 will reveal everything we need to know about Richt. We should easily win 10-12 games. Our schedule is bush league, especially with both UNC and VT rebuilding. Anything less than 10 games is a disgrace.

How are they "rebuilding" any more than Miami is?
All three lost their QB, VT & UNC lost their best back, we lost Yerby and Gus, we also lost Coley and Njoku.

Waste of a game. Schedule a real team. Schedule is awful this year.

Who do you want UM to schedule that has the first week open that does not want a return home game....especially this late?

For a new starting QB this is exactly what everyone should want.

Why are we just scheduling this game? **** get UCF, ECU at least a AAC team to come to town. Quit playing Bethune and FAMU. You can ***** about playing App St and Arkansas St on the road but Sun Belt finished 3rd in the G5 conferences this year and those two teams shared the title and won bowl games. It is a **** of a lot better game than either of the 1-AA in state schools.

PREDICTION TIME

Sure wins (5-0): Your 5-0 look right
Vs. Bethune Cookmens
@ Arkansas States
Vs. Toledo
Vs. Virginia
@ Duke

Probable wins (3-1): Better be 4-0
Vs. Notre Dame Still sucks loses QB
Vs Georgia Techs Loses QB
Vs Syracuse Improving no excuse for losing this game.
@ Pittsburgh Loses QB and RB

Coin Flips (1-1): Should be 2-0
@ UNC Loses a lot including QB and RB
Vs Va Tech Loses QB Hodges and host of others

Probable Loss (0-1):
@ FSU F FSU

Look I don't disagree with what you think should happen. I suspect we will be vegas favorites in every game except FSU this year. But don't forget that

1) we are also losing our starting stat compiler/record breaking QB and other contributors (Coley, safetys, corn).

2) if Richt won all the games he should win he wouldn't have been fired at Georgia in the first place. He SHOULD have won a game in October this year, but didn't. He has only 1 single loss season to his name as a head coach, and no perfect seasons.

These comments are hilarious. Last 10 years our winning percentage is somewhere between 50-60%. Richt wins 9 games his first year and we finally win a bowl game. Thinking here is if he doesn't win the coastal next year he's a disgrace. I'll be happy with 10 wins in 2017, maybe it wins the coastal, win the coastal in 2018 for sure and win the ACC in 2019 which hopefully gets us a birth in the playoff. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back