Canes Opener

In this day and age where the ACC actually has real coaches and real teams, with conference championship games, and the potential for up to 2 more playoff games at the end, is there any reason to schedule a tougher than average OOC slate?

1 tough OOC opponent.
1 mediocre OOC opponent.
2 patsies to tune up.

Advertisement
Ya'll sweatin the schedule when it really doesn't matter.. We need to dominate. Doesn't matter who lines up against []_[].. No way to avoid competition.. FSU on the road is a tough game.
I agree with this for the most part. I just don't think you sharpen your team playing trash. We have tougher games in practice.

I don't care for the weak schedule, but I'm not freaking out about it. It is what it is.

I know this will come as a shock to most of you, but somebody's gonna ***** no matter what. If we play Bethune they *****. Replace that with osu and we lose? B1tching. Beat osu but have to play in Ohio? B1tching. Thump app store, but have to go to Mount Fvckface stadium to do it, guess what? B1tching.

Miami should be playing in the 2017 camping world kick off in Orlando, rather than playing BCC. UM needs a quality TV win in front of a national audience to start the season.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Freshmen QB's need to adjust you can't just throw FS at them. SMH

Pick one in spring and let Coach Richt and his QB Coach son prove he still has some magic left as a QB whisperer.

There is plenty of Talent to develop Evan Shirreffs is a more athletic ken dorsey type game manager, Jack Allison is a gun slinging type QB, and Malik Rosier is a senior that is athletic and has a Canon for an arm.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Pretty weak schedule
Notre dame
Toledo
Arkansas state
Bethune

Atlantic crossover
Fsu
Syracuse

Yikes! So the games that we actually had a say in scheduling (ND doesn't count since it is part of the ACC rotation) are Toledo, Arkansas State and Bethune Cookman.

:1sdn:

Also, why don't we have a :barf: smiley?

We actually scheduled the ND series before they signed the ACC deal.

I don't think anyone loves the schedule. I also don't think it's much worse than a lot of successful power teams have/have had. It's not Richt's doing, it's not his fault, and it's nothing to really complain about. I don't think it's something we're going to continue to see under Richt, this was Golden wanting to make his stats look better, so just let it go.
It was Goldens effort to keep his job. It was pathetic.

Sure would be nice to usher in this new era with some bigger games. It is what it is though, certainly not Richts fault of course.

We have LSU in 2018, but @Toledo because of Golden. In 2019 we have Florida and FIU. In 2020 we have @Michigan State. In 2021 we have Michigan State, App State and @FIU. In 2022 we have @Texas A&M and 2023 we have Texas A&M at home. In 2024 and 2025 we Notre Dame away and home respectively.

One thing to keep in mind is that Richt was/is a proponent of the ACC going to a 9 game conference schedule, which is the equivalent of playing another p5 OOC game. When he was at UGA they played GT every year and also often played another p5 opponent, whether it was Clemson or UNC or Colorado or Oklahoma State or Arizona State. One year they played Arizona State, Oklahoma State and GT. I'll even throw Boise in there, though they're g5, they were a top 5 team.

I don't think Richt had much to do with his OOC schedules at either Miami or UGA. I blame very little of this atrocious OOC schedule on Richt and instead blame it on Blake James.

Richt said he wanted to play those games at UGA. It wasn't the AD.

Pick one in spring and let Coach Richt and his QB Coach son prove he still has some magic left as a QB whisperer.

There is plenty of Talent to develop Evan Shirreffs is a more athletic ken dorsey type game manager, Jack Allison is a gun slinging type QB, and Malik Rosier is a senior that is athletic and has a Canon for an arm.

Go Canes

Paramus bringing his usual deep insight to the QB position.

Amazingly spot on analysis from somebody that hasn't been within 200 miles of the practice field to watch these QBs develop.

Advertisement
It's one thing to only schedule one top FBS program in your OOC schedule. If you are gonna do that, at least avoid scheduling the FCS programs. It would be nice for the glorified scrimmages to be against FBS level schools with more legitimate athletes on their rosters.

It's one thing to only schedule one top FBS program in your OOC schedule. If you are gonna do that, at least avoid scheduling the FCS programs. It would be nice for the glorified scrimmages to be against FBS level schools with more legitimate athletes on their rosters.

Only one of the 4 OOC games is FCS. ASU is Sun Belt (FBS) and Toledo is MAC (FBS).

Only one of the 4 OOC games is FCS. ASU is Sun Belt (FBS) and Toledo is MAC (FBS).

My point is that's one too many. In general, I wouldn't bother scheduling FCS programs at all if I'm going with only one decent opponent out of conference.

Advertisement

Go Canes

giphy.gif

I love my Canes and all, but don't expect me to spend my hard earn money and waste my precious time to go out and watch that many garbage games.

Get outta here with your precious time BS... Not only are you going to see us win but it gives us more experience learning different plays, playing together learning assignment ball, filling gap spots left void when one or two additional players blitz the QB. It's all about learning different systems that can't be done in one year.

As good as we were last year, we'll be better this year... Look for better stats across the board

QB is the only position needing allot more time, reps and exposure... and this schedule will help tremendously to overcome early learning mistakes.

Advertisement
Back