Canes Opener

I don't think anyone loves the schedule. I also don't think it's much worse than a lot of successful power teams have/have had. It's not Richt's doing, it's not his fault, and it's nothing to really complain about. I don't think it's something we're going to continue to see under Richt, this was Golden wanting to make his stats look better, so just let it go.
It was Goldens effort to keep his job. It was pathetic.

Sure would be nice to usher in this new era with some bigger games. It is what it is though, certainly not Richts fault of course.

Advertisement
If you start your post with "lol" then just stop and keep your mouth shut.
Lol okay big guy...sorry you just found out about our 2017 schedule and are so embarrassed.
You must have been a Folden slurper. Loving those ****ty scheduled games because it's easy wins. ****ing ****.

No, I just don't cry like a about something that's been set for years at this point...especially when we haven't won the coastal or beat FSU. We have big time non conference lined up for the next 7 years. We haven't beat FSU in 7 years but you want to complain about our non conference schedule for one year, ****ing sad.
I made one comment about the schedule. Not sure why you took it so personally but your overreaction is bizarre. But hey, lol man....lol.
Lol, sure.

If you start your post with "lol" then just stop and keep your mouth shut.
Lol okay big guy...sorry you just found out about our 2017 schedule and are so embarrassed.
You must have been a Folden slurper. Loving those ****ty scheduled games because it's easy wins. ****ing ****.

Folden allegedly created these garbage OOC schedules in order to improve his record. Even after Golden's firing James has not improved the OOC schedules.

Folden allegedly created these garbage OOC schedules in order to improve his record. Even after Golden's firing James has not improved the OOC schedules.
LSU, Florida, Michigan State, and Texas A&M aren't improvements? Meanwhile Bama played Kent State, Western Kentucky and Chattanooga this year. Toledo and Arky State have been set since 2013.

Advertisement
Ya'll sweatin the schedule when it really doesn't matter.. We need to dominate. Doesn't matter who lines up against []_[].. No way to avoid competition.. FSU on the road is a tough game.

We'll play FSU, ND, VT, Pitt, and GT. If we win the coastal we'll add Clemson to that. The ACC has a good rep at the moment so if we take care of business SOS won't matter.

Advertisement
Pretty weak schedule
Notre dame
Toledo
Arkansas state
Bethune

Atlantic crossover
Fsu
Syracuse

I LOVE this schedule! Look, we have a ton of reasons to be optimistic and there is not question we are headed in the right direction...HOWEVER...

We need W's pure and simple. We need a 10+ winning season in the worst way for overall reputation, recruiting, team esprit de corps, ramp up the fan base, etc.

Thankfully, the ACC has such a strong reputation right now that with our schedule and a lot of luck, we are dark horse for the playoffs (although highly unlikely).

Point is, we need a great looking record and we need to show kids that we've made progress. Should've had 10 wins this year, but there is no excuse for not nabbing 10 next year. Truth is - 11 W's is within our reach. Richt and CO can use that to stock the cupboards and THEN bring on a schedule like we had in 87'. Man, that was a tough one!

Christ on a crutch.

It's not about $EC scheduling, being 'the poors', or our athletic director being submissive.

Literally, every power-5 school is set up with the same scheduling model, the only difference is, since we lease out Dull-fan stadium, we lack the ability to pay the upwards of $1 million plus asking price for non-power 5 to come visit us, hence the home & aways with App State, Toledo, Arky State, FAU, etc..

Regardless of how you, your chinstrapped cousin, and your drunk uncle in #Canesfam might feel that this degrades the quality of our home slate, it's the god**** reality of the present of college football. The fact that our athletic director is a submissive bottom to his wife has nothing to do with it. Suck it up, stop being an 'anyone, anytime, anywhere' b-itch, be happy with an easy 9 wins like the majority of power-5 schools would be, and appreciate that you'll at least be able to cut your amount of flop sweat in half by lounging under the canopy of Hard Rock while we beat Bethune by 50. Either that, or, like me, pack your bags for beautiful Jonesboro.

Last edited:
Lol Jeremiah ***oley up at UFag scheduled these types of games on purpose all the time and their fan base loved it being they would head into SEC play polished, undefeated and ranked in the top ten. It happens to us as a hiccup and people rather sit in skirts at home to watch it rather than enjoy the process and watch our chips stack up on record alone. UNBELIEVABLE

I don't think anyone loves the schedule. I also don't think it's much worse than a lot of successful power teams have/have had. It's not Richt's doing, it's not his fault, and it's nothing to really complain about. I don't think it's something we're going to continue to see under Richt, this was Golden wanting to make his stats look better, so just let it go.

Sure would be nice to usher in this new era with some bigger games. It is what it is though, certainly not Richts fault of course.

We have LSU in 2018, but @Toledo because of Golden. In 2019 we have Florida and FIU. In 2020 we have @Michigan State. In 2021 we have Michigan State, App State and @FIU. In 2022 we have @Texas A&M and 2023 we have Texas A&M at home. In 2024 and 2025 we Notre Dame away and home respectively.

One thing to keep in mind is that Richt was/is a proponent of the ACC going to a 9 game conference schedule, which is the equivalent of playing another p5 OOC game. When he was at UGA they played GT every year and also often played another p5 opponent, whether it was Clemson or UNC or Colorado or Oklahoma State or Arizona State. One year they played Arizona State, Oklahoma State and GT. I'll even throw Boise in there, though they're g5, they were a top 5 team.

Last edited:
Advertisement

We have LSU in 2018, but @Toledo because of Golden. In 2019 we have Florida and FIU. In 2020 we have @Michigan State. In 2021 we have Michigan State, App State and @FIU. In 2022 we have @Texas A&M and 2023 we have Texas A&M at home. In 2024 and 2025 we Notre Dame away and home respectively.

One thing to keep in mind is that Richt was/is a proponent of the ACC going to a 9 game conference schedule, which is the equivalent of playing another p5 OOC game. When he was at UGA they played GT every year and also often played another p5 opponent, whether it was Clemson or UNC or Colorado or Oklahoma State or Arizona State. One year they played Arizona State, Oklahoma State and GT. I'll even throw Boise in there, though they're g5, they were a top 5 team.

+

Think its great to have an easy couple of games at the beginning of next year. Will be huge for building our starting qbs confidence and giving him the opportunity to build a rapport with the offense against inferior competition.

I don't think Richt had much to do with his OOC schedules at either Miami or UGA. I blame very little of this atrocious OOC schedule on Richt and instead blame it on Blake James.

Advertisement

Richt gets it. Obviously, you don't want a schedule so difficult that it can ruin your season; however, Miami needs to put themselves in position where if Miami were to lose a game it isn't taking us out of the equation for the playoffs. Look at Clemson this past season, they played Auburn, Louisville, FSU and South Carolina (I know they are garbage), this is a major reason why they were still in the playoff hunt after the Pitt loss. The playoff committee has made it very clear that strength of schedule is incredibly important.

Still laughing at the bytchasseness of punks whining like menstruating females saying they refuse to go to games. Some posters here are literally dyckless.

Advertisement
Back